Mages kiting the big oozes?

In the Rotface fight the 10m group I'm in we tried multiple things (Pali tank kiting, Druid tank kiting, and mage kiting) on kiting the Big Oozes so far mage kiting works the best but if the Big Ooze gets too close you'll find the Mage gets oneshotted pretty easily especially with more stacks of Unstable Ooze. The thing I noticed is sometimes when kiting (I'm the Mage) I have my distanced maintained and I still get hit by the Big Ooze and I happened to notice this happens everytime I'm in the puddles on the edge, does the puddles extend the Big Oozes hit box?

Re: Mages kiting the big oozes?

What is the point to kite them by DD if you have OT ? ???

We just tried new things and we decided to try Mage kiting and maybe I just kited them the best I don't know, our Pali tank kept dying early and Druid tank did fairly well.

They are doing something wrong, really.
    We have 4 10ppl raids in our guild - every type of tank (DK,Pal,Dru and War) - kited them without any problem.

I'll keep a closer eye on them when we go back in there. I mean if I can last longer than a tank kiting then something is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by mcjuicybooty
    We just tried new things and we decided to try Mage kiting and maybe I just kited them the best I don't know, our Pali tank kept dying early and Druid tank did fairly well.
    if they die they are not kiting them simple as that, when kiting the ooze you should only take damage from the slime puddles on the floor
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

10+ Year Old Account

Gonna have to agree with most people here, as a paly tank I had no problems kiting once I figured out his exact reach and speed. Have your paly tank let the Big Ooze get in range of Judgement, Judge it, then keep moving. Our other 10man group had a druid tank kite, worked better due to the longer range of Fairy Fire. We toyed with our hunter kiting, but it was just easier to heal a tank through the slime damage.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

Thanks guys

15+ Year Old Account

I kited them as a feral druid in 10man this weekend and I walked backwards using Faerie fire. When slime dropped on the floor I would obviously turn around and kite full speed. If people don't know how to kite they should go practice on an easy level 80 mob somewhere. Put a flare down and kite in a big circle around it. Bring a DK friend to chains of ice it or something. I'm dead serious.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222