Question about MMR on new 80s

Do characters that freshly hit 80 just take MMR from another character on your account? I wonder this because my druid just hit 80 and when I messed around in 2s on my friends team we had an MMR of 1800+ on an 1100 2s team. I wouldn't doubt that the last time I played arena on my pally (same account) my MMR was up that high but it seems odd that it would carry it over. Can anyone verify this?

Re: Question about MMR on new 80s

MMR is on a toon-by-toon rating. It will factor play style more than the gear your wearing. It will eventually "learn" how good you are, and will then more accurately predict what your ultimate level of play is.

It's a "smart" system (obv. up for debate) but gratz on playing your class well enough to have an 1800 MMR on a fresh 80 :-)

Balls Deep!!

everyone starts at 1500.

tell us more about your win ration on that one :S

i don't think its like that at all, what avestheman is saying, the system is not smart. its really stupid and simple.

oh and also, your partner might be pushing your mmr. on my paladin i had previously only done 3v3 for the 10 games a week, our mmr was around 1400, after we got some gear, then we had a hunter join who was in a 2.2k team and our mmr instantly boosted up to 1.9k

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke
    everyone starts at 1500.
    then we had a hunter join who was in a 2.2k team and our mmr instantly boosted up to 1.9k
    Thats correct, they do an average of the players in the team. I had a 2k mmr on my DK and decided to help a not so great in pvp friend with a fresh 1.5k mmr, we got 17.5 mmr on the first game.

I'm pretty sure fresh 80s start out with an MMR of 1000. My hunter just dung 80 last night and that's what his MMR was for his 3s team.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Nope, I'm very sure it's 1500
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    Nope, I'm very sure it's 1500
    Ok, well I just hit 80 on my hunter last night... and my MMR was 1000. Explain.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    Explain.
    :
    Quote Originally Posted by dindon3003
    they do an average of the players in the team.
    ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    very sure it's 1500
    :P

lulz
    Game Mechanics Enthusiast. :P