Poll: Should Professor Putricide (25m normal mode) be nerfed?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Should Professor Putricide be nerfed?

They wont nerf it plenty of guilds have downed him 150 according to wowprogress. they have said they want it to be a challenging fight. a lot more guilds will down him this week lets say 400 total by this time next week. 400 guilds with him dead in less then 20 attempts in all honesty isnt a lot of attempts for a challenging boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbobubblin

On the pro-nerf side, it is remarkable how few guilds have killed him. The 100th guild - in the world - to kill him was yesterday, the sixth day he was available. This is pretty similar to pre-nerf Yogg, where the 100th guild to kill him did so on the fifth day he was available. Given how many nerfs Yogg got, it seems logical that Professor Putricide will also be nerfed
    Of course the top guilds will go there and kill it on Wednesday but any normal, sensible raiding guild will have spend Weds/Thurs running 10mans to Putricide to learn the encounter without wasting 25man attempts. This can help explain the delay. ITs certainly nowhere near Yogg complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocery
    Nerf how? 10 man we took 3 tries and literally no slimes were up...

25 man is tonight.
    Can people stop basing their opinions about the boss on 10m mode? The question specifically references 25m for a reason.

The 100th guild to kill him in 25m came on the sixth day of being available.
    The 100th guild to kill him in 10m came on the second day of being available.

BIG difference. People are voting and replying even though they haven't even attempted 25m.
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]

The issue I have is the 10 attempts. In our 10 man we had the boss bug on us,which screwed us. Imo raise the attempts limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Relinor
    Of course the top guilds will go there and kill it on Wednesday but any normal, sensible raiding guild will have spend Weds/Thurs running 10mans to Putricide to learn the encounter without wasting 25man attempts. This can help explain the delay. ITs certainly nowhere near Yogg complexity.
    Which, honestly, like my last reply, shows that maybe I should have waited until reset to make the poll. People are voting based off their experiences in 10m, not even realizing the leap in difficulty compared to 25m.

Also, if they made a boss that did not get killed for 3-4 weeks outside the top 100 guilds I would be very happy about it. Perhaps I would then have to think about playing my character and learn an encounter, rather than just facerolling through 95% of content. The challange and complexity are what make this game fun for me, I don't care about killing things quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Relinor
    Also, if they made a boss that did not get killed for 3-4 weeks outside the top 100 guilds I would be very happy about it. Perhaps I would then have to think about playing my character and learn an encounter, rather than just facerolling through 95% of content. The challange and complexity are what make this game fun for me, I don't care about killing things quickly.
    ^This.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

No and wait for it...................................................

HELL NO.

IF anything buff him these wing end bosses should be on par with Kael and Vashj in difficulty at the least and he is far from it

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbobubblin
    Which, honestly, like my last reply, shows that maybe I should have waited until reset to make the poll. People are voting based off their experiences in 10m, not even realizing the leap in difficulty compared to 25m.
    Good. It should be challenging when you're fighting it at the appropriate gear level. As a strict 10-man only gear I'm more than a little sick of 25 man raiders belittling 10-man raiders and saying "OMG that boss is so easy in 10 man, it's only difficult in 25 man" when the real issue is that bosses are easy when you outgear the level they're tuned to by 15 iLevels across the board. Most 10 man content is almost as challenging as 25 man (some encounters more so) when you approach the content in the appropriate level of gear. My 10 man guild is being challenged by Putricide (and we don't have the option of practicing him in a 5-man version that we outgear), and we like it that way. 25 man raiders should grow a pair and stop calling for nerfs.

No, it shouldn't be. We used our 10 attempts, we got him down into the teens I think it was. Next week he should drop. I don't like the artificial progression of the 10 attempt limit, but I understand it and won't lose sleep over it.

Yes, it takes coordination, it takes movement. Saurfang is the Patch's of this instance, now remember how to move and switch targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Eis
    The only thing setting him aside from other 25man difficult content is the limited attempts. Everyone would be able to get him down if they had all the attempts they wanted, but instead it'll take some people a few more weeks. Otherwise, it's a simple coordination fight.
    The 10 attempts are stupid. Sometimes tanks get gibbed, sometimes one person makes a mistake that causes a wipe, and it's annoying in that sense. Our 9th attempt was almost perfect but our tank got destroyed pretty randomly in P3 and it caused us to wipe. The attempt was rather flawless and we had no early deaths. On our 10th attempt, some idiot melee caused all the melee to die to a gas cloud in P2. So, that was it for our week. The only 'nerf' Putricide needs is removal of the absolutely bogus attempt limit, which is only there so Blizzard can act like they're doing something they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Elleyndria
    No and wait for it...................................................

HELL NO.

IF anything buff him these wing end bosses should be on par with Kael and Vashj in difficulty at the least and he is far from it
    Kael and Vashj were the final bosses of their respective dungeons. It wouldn't make sense for Putricide to be as hard comparatively to the last bosses of an entire tier when he's merely the last boss of the second wing of ICC. If any boss should as hard as Kael/Vashj, it would very logically be the Lich King himself.

Downed him tonight on our last attempt (got him to 9% on our 3rd try), had about 10 people in raid with 10 man experience so most people were just going from strats posted on net.

Fight is pretty straight forward, run left run right, dps this, dps that and avoid bombs. and have good dps to kill it before the tanks have too many debuffs.

Doesnt need a nerf, its fine how it is. It was refreshing having to move that much and have everyone in the raid be aware for once and not just afk while hitting 2.

fight is fine! and fun!

15+ Year Old Account

increase attempts maybe but the fight should not be nerfed. got him to p3 a few times and used up all 10 attempts not killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    increase attempts maybe but the fight should not be nerfed. got him to p3 a few times and used up all 10 attempts not killing him.
    In another week you'll have 15 or 20 attempts. (20 IIRC, but don't know for sure). Two weeks after that you'll probably have 30 attempts, and so on. Not only that, the "chill of the throne" debuff will slowly be reduced.

Will be be nerfed more than that? I bet so, but we'll see.

When I was first making this poll, I originally asked the question, "Should/will Professor Putricide (25m normal mode) be nerfed?" That probably would have been a better way to do it. I personally don't want a nerf - at least not yet - but I would give it a 95% chance that he will be nerfed, specifically because of my previous comparison with Yogg.

No.
    But he surely will be nerfed :'(

i'd say no he shouldn't be because of 3 reasons:
    1. there will be more attempts unlocked over time (yes i know they're also for other bosses)
    2. there will be more gear available over time (other wings don't require to kill putricide first apart from arthas)
    3. an end-wing boss shouldn't be nerfed until at least hard modes are available for some time (3-4 weeks after unlocking arthas which means hardmodes should be enough)

No

The first 6 bosses are more than doable by average groups having 1 out of the 7 hard isn't a problem considering that there are no Hard modes available yet.

The attempt limit is rather stupid IMO should go 10 this week, 15 next, 20 with the blood wing, 25 with the next, 30 with Dragon wing, 35, 40 with Throne room, 45, then no attempt limit for normal modes. So six weeks from now struggling groups should be able to attempt all they want without having to worry about "wasting" attempts. Leave attempt limit on Hard mode set at 30, and you can start removing chill and giving radiance to players on week eight incrimentally increasing the buff to full power week 12 (btw if you kill LK without any randiance you should get an extra loot, not hard mode gear but eg. 6 pieces rather than 5, and all hardmodes default the radiance off and chill of the throne on).

BTW killed on 10 man on 7th attempt and on 25 man got him to 27% before calling it on attempt 7 (should do 3 last attempts tonight).

Should Pute be nerfed NO
    Will he be nerfed: Through radiance, chill of the throne, and increased attempts yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    mongoloid?! wtf is that, you sound like a festeezio(see i can make up words too)

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Was he killed on day 1? yes
    So should he be nerfed? no

Id rather have saurfang 10 being nerfed, cause its just a rly anoying fight if your healer gets targeted. unless you outgeared it(which isnt to hard tho) its pretty much a RNG fight.

Interestingly, the votes for "Yes" have gone up ~4% since I made the note on the first post. I guess bright red bold text DOES help people read.