Poll: Should Professor Putricide (25m normal mode) be nerfed?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Should Professor Putricide be nerfed?

No. Professor Putricide is at correct difficulty level for last normal mode raid instance of this expansion. Other fights should be equally hard but without attempt limit. Attempt limit for wing end bosses should be increased from 10 to 15 but it should not be removed, yet.
    "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood

15+ Year Old Account

i bet any money, the whole dungeons will be faceroll before cataclysm comes out.

they will probably do something like they did with the end of bc nerf all raids completely into the ground.

He will be nerfed when they release the next wing. Just as the initial 4 were. People enjoy challenging content, so who cares if one or two of the currently accessible ICC bosses are 'too hard'.

No, I don't think he should be nerfed.

But I'm sure he will be...

Don't nerf him, but do nerf the dumbass limited attempts right to hell.

25 man shouldn't, so the guilds have something to do. However 10 man should, for the random groups.

I think he is fine the way he is we didnt down him but i think we can next week.

That being said i wouldnt be surprised to see a mini nerf of some sort with the next wing being opened or people will qq about the combined attempts on the 2 wing end bosses.

well the nerf is inc thats for sure.

but like many mentioned its one of the funniest fights ever. i like the coordination between static sutpid dps the shit out of the mob and running to ooZe and nuke 1.4million hp b4 it reaches it target

im a fan of those kinds of fights and even tho we didnt got him within our 5 tries we will pew pew him 2morrow, im quite sure. and if not i dont care since the purples will be there next week aswell :O

nn

In our 10 attempts this week on 25 we managed to got him to p3 twice. The fight is challenging but FAAR from impossible or even frustrating. The second he has no attempt limit most good guild will down him in 10 and 25 with a good day or two of attempts.

On a side note, Rotface was brilliantly tuned and I enjoyed the fight greatly on both difficulties on both toons. Festergut, however, is a bit too hard of a gear check for legitimate 10man groups, because those of us in 232s/219s (alts) are going to struggle with him. I think a small nerf on the rate of inhale gas would be welcomed as the dps requirements are easily met, its the healing that seems to be holding our alts back.

I know, not really about the topic but felt like tossing it in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

First everyone cries how content is too easy and now ppl ask for nerfs after first week... I love this 8)

No. The fight is incredibly easy if you are smart enough to transition correctly. There is nothing particularly difficult in the fight, just a lot to pay attention to.

It shouldn't be nerfed on 25 man but it should get "fixed". Slimes bugging and hitbox a little strange maybe.

On 10 man however, I believe it is abit overtuned. Especially on the dps check. Remember 10m raids should be tuned for those who only does 10 man content. ie ppl with full 232 gear or a mix of 232 and 245. While it's nice for the 10m only guilds to get a challange I think it's rather harsch on dps and healing check and he hits quite hard for a 10m boss as well.

I hope they wont nerf it, even if it's so obvious they will. They say that they want things to be challenging and that over time there will be more attempts + the zone buff, but that was true for every boss so far in the instance, even for those bosses with unlimited attempts and some of those were already nerfed.

If they dont nerf Putricide, it'd be the most shocking thing Blizzard's ever done imo.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by det
    -In the weeks and months after all twelve encounters are unlocked, additional attempts against the final four boss encounters become available. This represents the Ashen Verdict growing more powerful and gaining a stronger foothold in Icecrown Citadel. To further help raids, Varian Wrynn and Garrosh Hellscream will begin to provide assistance by inspiring the armies attacking Icecrown Citadel. This is represented as an additional zone wide spell effect applied to all players that will increase their hit points, damage dealt, and healing done. This effect will also increase in effectiveness over time. Players may opt out of the spell's effect if they so wish.
    This is really the heart of it. Icecrown has a mechanism to nerf itself over time. Putricide is pretty tough, and the other wing bosses will likely be no different. But this kneejerk "nerf it" reaction really gets out of hand.
    Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much. ~attributed to Oscar Wilde

No, shits hard, games are supposed to be a challenge not a 45 minute faceroll

No, but expect that they will add some time to when the oozes' spawn

Maybe some time, but not yet. Just because he takes longer than 10 attempts and more gear than you have obtain so far doesn't mean it's too hard.

Give it a few more weeks of gearing up and learning.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

Making an encounter like this and then giving limited tries when blizzard can't even fix lag issues in raid instance's is just stupid. Wiped our best attempt due to a raid wide lag spike, thanks for the limited tries... now fix the instance server's with your 100 million you make every month.

Quote Originally Posted by paul2k9
    Making an encounter like this and then giving limited tries when blizzard can't even fix lag issues in raid instance's is just stupid. Wiped our best attempt due to a raid wide lag spike, thanks for the limited tries... now fix the instance server's with your 100 million you make every month.
    A SPIKE of lag isn't necessarily a symptom of poor servers, over crowded servers, or even anything blizzard can deal with. There is more between you and blizzards servers than you are taking into account.

only thing barring lots of guild from killing the boss is the 10 try count. without it I'd say over a thousand guilds would have killed putricide 25 during first week.