Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Allowing an 11th toon on a server?

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk
    peoples arguments in this thread are so one sided blind comments lol

"i have 10 toons and need a bank alt" Solution: get a guild bank on one or more of those alts
    Having several characters as a 'Bank alt.' seems like a far worse idea when you realise you're hopping through several different characters trying to find which one you left the Musselback Sculpin on, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyOne
    Having several characters as a 'Bank alt.' seems like a far worse idea when you realise you're hopping through several different characters trying to find which one you left the Musselback Sculpin on, etc.
    i honestly dont think ne one would need more then 1 guild bank. if u do need more room then 10 alts + a full tabbed gbank. then as previously said u need to delete 90% of that crap u will never use again

Quote Originally Posted by Jimec
    1 Horde and 1 alliance shaman makes only 2 slots in my book ^^
    that does mean he can't have one of each class though, as he has two of one.. think thats what he meant

Yes it's an altoholic speaking: giev moar slots!

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk
    i honestly dont think ne one would need more then 1 guild bank. if u do need more room then 10 alts + a full tabbed gbank. then as previously said u need to delete 90% of that crap u will never use again
    Why and since when was it a good idea to frenziedly delete characters and items? Why are you so against it anyway? Do you have a phobia of character select screens with slots of an uneven number, or perhaps the number eleven?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

Just make the new toons on a new server. If you have 10 slots filled up I guess you have one of each class and I have a hard time thinking you play on all of them so the only reason to make new toons would be to experience the lore for the different classes with other races which I myself enjoy and other servers are perfect for that. If there is a brand new server coming up I usually make a new toon since it's fun to lvl on new servers.
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

No. There is no reason to have more than one of each class on a server. Dual Spec. Or go play Alliance/Horde.
    I'm sorry, but i just have to tell you that you are an ignorant, closed minded fool, and you need to chill out, think more, and quit being such a douche. Your responses are shrill, closed minded, and ignorant. You need to think outside the box sometimes, and realize its blizzards game and you are not ghostcrawler.

10 is more than enough.....I myself can only bare up to 5 toons because things get too spread out with more than that. :-\
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyOne
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...altoholic.aspx

I like to use my alt's banks as special storage places, for example, i keep all my cloth in DK's bank, all my heirlooms in shaman's bank and all low level crafting ingredients on my warrior.

http://caspianroach.ru/content/WoWSc...110_031553.jpg

check out the tooltip. Also, the addon has a search feature, you can link your other characters' professions with it, compare the achievements/gear/currencies between chars and lots more. Very nice addon.

It was, if I remember correctly, asked at the Q&A at Blizzcon '09. And the answer was that while it's something they might do in the future, there are no current plans for it.

And I think that's a smart move. Really, how many WoW players do you think need more than 10 slots?

i started playing just before bc and was alliance.. had at the time 6 70's all well geared (you do get geared fast in progression guilds for those who dont know) then i wanted to play with my bro on horde on a different server.. so i started over and was in another progression guild.. i leveled toons fast plus geared.. i ended up transfering 2 70's from alli to horde and all in all i have 9 80's.. im leveling the last on alli to transfer to have 1 of each 80.. now that you can have horde and alli toons on the save pvp server i want to bring my allis to gank my friends.. that would be the reason i would need more than 10 toons per server and alot of people do the same.. the game now is so easy to play im sure the 1-3 toon people will end up leveling more toons and having the same problem

I don't see why not?

Some people may get around with 10 slots. But some people like me, like to roll alts and more alts, and I wish I could put them all in a single realm QQ:[

Anyway, I don't understand why some people are so AGAINST it like, "No you can't have a extra slot, because I think 10 is enough even tho I don't know your play style and what you like to do in the game, and since 10 is enough for me NOONE SHOULD HAVE MORE RAAAWRRRGH!"

I fail to understand the thoughts behind a lot of the posts here. Do people not understand that different people play the game for different reasons? I am one who would be all for extra slots on a server, because I love leveling alts. 10 slots, 10 classes, that is all good and well, but now with Cata coming out, if you want to experience goblin/horde, you have no choice but to delete a toon. I don't have 10 80's now, but still, just because I don't always play as one toon doesn't mean I should just delete my 80s. Seriously, I enjoy playing several classes, the only toon that I currently raid with is my paladin, so since I don't raid with my lock, mage, or dk should I just delete them and start over? Of course not, because I still enjoy playing with them, doing bgs and heroics, and I look forward to leveling them to 85 in Cata.

If you don't want extra character slots then don't use them, its that simple, but saying "I wouldn't want more than one of any class" isn't reason enough to say that it shouldn't be done at all. For those of us who enjoy leveling and play the game in our own way, I say extra character slots would be an awesome addition.

If they are to be purchased, however, the price would have to be right. Maybe 5 slots for $20 at the most.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface