Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Warbring nerf arguement

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    I logged out in my crappy dps gear? Rofl sry.

It's just gear I put together in my free time, I'll go log out in my tank gear for you.

As I said, I just threw the dps gear together cause I was bored. The spec was a copy of Thegreatme's spec, but my knowledge of fury is so limited I have no idea if it's good or not.

As for my prot spec, it's actually a really good spec for having 2 minute cooldowns, which is nice for progression (And festergut).

Name 5 fights, not trash, that it comes in handy. Specifically raids, but 5 mans too.

Edit: Logged out in tank gear...just gonna have to wait for it to update.
    You're one of those stam stackers, really, I have not much I can say to you outside of learn the in's and out's of your class better. It's not all about stam at the end of the day. Secondly, your glyphs are fairly useless, no glyph of blocking? Yikes.... Your spec would be much more usefully if you dropped the points out of Incite and Imp Disciplines and put them into Focused Rage, finished off Shield Spec and tossed the rest into Cruelty. It'll give you an overall threat increase. Though props on having Mongoose.

5 fights? Anub in ToC, Faction Champions, Sindragosa, Deathwhisper and hell Mexx in Naxx for some fun. I can name more if you'd like.
    Blizzard, please nerf paper, scissors are fine.

Regards,
    Rock

Bullshit is what it is. Make gag order not work vs players, make shield slam do 75% damage vs player targets, lock out charge from warbringer in arena, or whatfuckingever. There are ten thousand better ways to nerf prot PvP without messing with the class in a PvE environment. This is the fucking worst kind of nerf I know, an unnecessary PvE nerf because it's imba in PvP. The closest thing I come to PvP is buying honor for my stone keepers shards so I can buy gems, I don't want to get fucking gimped in PvE because of PvP problems. Just make the mechanics work differently in PvP and we wont ever have any trouble with this shit again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeforumsthe8th
    I started laughing so hard when i read through this thread
    So much complaining from all of these warriors " IVE HAD MINOR SUCCES IN ARENA! BUT THIS NERF IS DUMB" or the op " i cancelled my account on sight of this nerf it itz going 2 screw me in raidz bro "

Seriously prot needed nerfs and if you didnt think so go and play one that knows what their doing. As said from one of the announcers on MLG, a prot warrior can lock someone down for 20 seconds and do a minimum of 20k damage to them while in the 20 seconds

Look at the top 3s team in the world - The warrior uses 44 resilience... goes to show many teams have a chance to attack him! If you dont pvp or have a team above ATLEAST 1800 stop posting your input is not wanted
    Main tanked all of Ulduar and Naxx, all of ToC, stopped raiding with ICC due to personal reasons. Arena team rating of 1771 with total casual play, not even games played some weeks. Was a main tank for all of Molten Core and most of BWL until I decided to be wise and get my account a 3 month ban. Played a rogue for the rest of BWL, came back to my Warrior for AQ20 and 40, back to my Rogue for Naxx, the original. It isn't going to outright screw us, but it's going to make a noticeable difference in raids and instances. Nothing is insurmountable by any means but it's not a nerf that's needed.

The damage is all dependent on crits, procs and abilities being up. It's totally subjective. It's certainly possible but not 100% guaranteed whereas a 25k Chaos Bolt crit, can be. and 20k damage really isn't that much, and class should be able to pull that off if they're at the MLG level.

I don't PvP with any resil other than my PvP trinket and that isn't always equipped. I PvP in my tier gear because it's funny watching rogues not be able to hit me mostly. If you have such big balls, I challenge you to stick them out there or stick them back in your mouth where they belong.

Regards,
    Rock

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Phation
    You're one of those stam stackers, really, I have not much I can say to you outside of learn the in's and out's of your class better. It's not all about stam at the end of the day. Secondly, your glyphs are fairly useless, no glyph of blocking? Yikes.... Your spec would be much more usefully if you dropped the points out of Incite and Imp Disciplines and put them into Focused Rage, finished off Shield Spec and tossed the rest into Cruelty. It'll give you an overall threat increase. Though props on having Mongoose.

5 fights? Anub in ToC, Faction Champions, Sindragosa, Deathwhisper and hell Mexx in Naxx for some fun. I can name more if you'd like.
    Why increase threat when I do much much more than any of the dps, and even some of the tanks? Everything you said to do would only up threat, at the cost of survivability.

Yes, I don't have blocking. I traded it for a 2 minute shield wall that is almost always up when I need it. And when it's not I can pop Last stand, also a 2 minute CD. As for stam stacking, what are you going to stack avoidance?

Maybe you should learn your class? Even more so if you actually need those talents to hold threat.

The nerf isnt touching Anub, I fail to see how it effects the spider in Naxx, nor does it effect Deathwhisper, and sindragosa. Having a root will stop you from charging, not a snare.

It's certainly possible but not 100% guaranteed whereas a 25k Chaos Bolt crit, can be.
    Oh, that's where you're taking this.

Seriously, before accusing me of being ignorant, look at yourself.

Edit: Looking back you might have misunderstood me, I meant 5 fights were this nerf will effect us.

I find it hilarious that Blizz even took the time to make the prot spec (not just warr but also pally) viable in PvP, considering that it was designed to taunt bosses off of party/raid members and hold aggro while they nuke it.

The sugar coating on it all is you whiners complaining about "The Nerf!".

And where's the nerf to protretpaladins? They have 2 times more ridicilous damage than a protwarrior. Oh and this shows how blizzard listens to whiners who can't play the game. Protwarriors are easy to kill -> 1 stun and they're dead. Lumberjack giving trouble? It's the hunter to blame, hunters have huge damageoutput. Finally a warrior is worth something and it gets instantly nerfed. Prot was something new, something people couldn't predict or adapt to (because a wow player these days just wants easymode) and playing a one is not really easy.

Yes i play a warrior, but i play arms.

Both pvp specs for warriors are overpowered, LOL at "warriors finally get something" - the class has dominated pvp for YEARS

I only got 3 pointers here. Opinions if you will

1. Blizzards example for nerfing warbringer is the most laughable example i'ved heard for years. in my mind you cant say " We are nerfin warbringer because of the OP'ness vs frost mages ( or just mages in general ). Mages have absolutely dominated warriors for years. I mean absolutely assraped us! So no you cant use mages as an example for the nerf, this is our revenge for the constant free honor to mages.

2. Yes prot is maybe abit "OP", if you wanna use that term, in PvP. But c'mon, its all about adapting. As a fellow warrior, which is arms for PvP, i simply just avoid them as best as possiable. But tbh i bet some caster have found a way to counter them if he is good.

3. I dont believe for a second that the "outlasting" tactic many 3v3's seem to have going on last for a sec in high ranked arena.. Not the slightest bit.

Well that were my 2 cents

Heya. First off all im Gnyrk orc warrior from Dragonblight. I been playing since beta and pvped alot.

All i have to say is that do people actualy realise what is happening ? have you seen it. Blizzard is nerfing Warriors cause mages are having issues.

They are nerfing warriors cause they are to Op vs MAGE.

Either im in a Twilight universe or blizz has finaly lost it... Your nerfing warrior cause mages think they are to hard to beat.

Seriously i can se why some many are leaving the game.

NERFING WARRIOR CAUSE THEY ARE TO OP VS MAGES.................... I just never thought i would se the day.

Allrdy stopped my visa payment, this is it for me. BB to another tank.

10+ Year Old Account

It's so funny watching all of you idiots cancel your accounts over this little nerf. Prot warriors are OP, I'm sorry. There's no two ways around it. So are prot paladins. Both NEED to be toned down in arena and pvp in general. My main is a warrior, I've been over 2k in every bracket in multiple seasons and yes I've tried prot pvp. It's overpowered. Stop crying. If you think this nerf is going to make prot bad, you have no idea what 'bad" is. Remember arms in early s5?

Everyone here saying this is purely because of mages is a jackass, they simply used a class as an example. The reason they used mages is because mages have the most abilitys to escape melee in the game and they are still shut down, what does that tell you about every other classes ability to get away, not very good. Also all of u guys crying aobut how its going to cut your damage down need to uninstall recount and just use a threat meter, in the end your only job is to throw your face at the target in front of you and take damage, thats it, as far as I know when blizzard designs a fight they arent counting on the tanks dps to get the boss down befor enrage. My idea to fix all these "pve'ers" bitching about the warbringer change is to make it so none of the abilitys stun but maybe one and make only one silence, that fixes the big issues in pvp and shouldnt mess up pve (boss fights) one bit.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum
    If you think this nerf is going to make prot bad, you have no idea what 'bad" is. Remember arms in early s5?
    It was never that "bad" arms has never been overly broken. That was also the time when Fury was the god of damage meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble
    The reason they used mages is because mages have the most abilitys to escape melee in the game and they are still shut down, what does that tell you about every other classes ability to get away, not very good.
    Huh what? The only class crying about prot being OP is the mages for the most part, go check most of the forum posts on the WoW forums about it, most are created by mages. Just saying. Have you ever been on the receiving end of a frost mage as melee? We get our asses kicked, hard. They're all just crying because they can't play their faceroller anymore. I'd love to see them get a nerf bat swung their way next.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble
    Also all of u guys crying aobut how its going to cut your damage down need to uninstall recount and just use a threat meter, in the end your only job is to throw your face at the target in front of you and take damage, thats it, as far as I know when blizzard designs a fight they arent counting on the tanks dps to get the boss down befor enrage. My idea to fix all these "pve'ers" bitching about the warbringer change is to make it so none of the abilitys stun but maybe one and make only one silence, that fixes the big issues in pvp and shouldnt mess up pve (boss fights) one bit.
    Argh.....brain aneurysm while reading. You're so dumb it hurts. I haven't seen anyone here bitch about how we're getting a damage nerf on meters so I'd LOVE to see where you pulled that one out of. Really, is the a hat somewhere? Am I being Punk'd? If you're going to say that a tanks job is to throw his face in front of a boss, then as a tank, let me tell you how to do YOUR job, shut up and click the button. DPS is meant to be seen and not heard from. Stuns effect a warrior on trash pulls also with how we can get a mob off DPS, silence effects how effectively we can pull ranged targets. THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Regards,
    Rock

often if you use a so-called 'example' it's the only point you really have.

I simply don't care for PVP anymore - a battleground once in a while is nice, large scale pvp is what really matters. all this arena crap I consider pretty much worthless as you'll always have a class that has the upper hand towards another. balancing the whole game around 1vs1 or 3vs3 is plain stupid and a vicious circle and pve suffers.

remove the arena and make world pvp more interesting/rewarding
    "Hey, you know what's even cooler than triceratops? Every other dinosaur that ever existed."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt
    I am mostly a PVE prot warrior and am very sad to see this change. I loved my mobility and how strength affected my shield slam. It actually made tanking a blast jumping around from mob to mob with intercept and charge.

Now these changes hit and I don't really know why. I checked a very low ranked bookmark on my browser, www.arenajunkies.com to see where the prot warrior was currently stacking up in the arena world. From what I can decipher, prot warriors are making up roughly 7-10% of pvp warriors. Not too many are in high ranked teams either. If there is even a warrior present it is typically a MS warrior.

So I come back to my earlier question. WHY?
    For years we had a scissors cutting rock situation with the frost mage. Then the balance of power shifted to an almost even fight

just a note: there are 3 teams with a prot warrior in top 10 and the highest team also has a prot warrior

Now, we're headed back to the old times...

Just my 2c but it feels an awful lot like they're balancing around 1 v 1 this time. I thought that was against their policies.
    Evil people on cell phones preventing me having a sig!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koedy
    Blizzard paid Iceland to start this real-life volcano event!!!! Deathwing is coming!!

Personally I don't see the nerf as being a huge deal to my tanking style, as long as shield slam causes high threat I could care less how much dmg it does. I don't PVP on my prot warrior, but I have dueled people before while waiting for summons and it is funny as hell to give them a run for their money with all the stuns and silences I have, however I never seem to win as prot as PVP is not my thing. What I do remember from the times I have PVP'd in the past is getting chained feared by warlocks until I die or stun locked by rogues until I die.

The people who complain about Prot warriors being too hard to kill need to learn how to counter them because there are ways to do so, and the Prot warriors who PVP and don't like the nerf too bad, Blizz is king.
    "There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil."
    -John Galt

People calling for stun and silence removals are clueless about warrior tanking. Conc blow is nice damage in pve yes, but a large part of it's value is the stun which effectively acts as an interrupts on caster mobs. The silence on heroic throw via gag order is absolutely vital to pulling in raids and other dungeons.

The warbringer nerf is going to be an irritant in pve but not absolutely destructive to anyone's playstyle or the strength of our toolkit.

The shield slam nerf is going to be disappointing in pve because we're already the tank class that contributes the least to overall raid dps. You can argue all you want that that doesn't matter but if you pay any amount of attention at all to the current raiding environment encounters are designed around assumptions of tank contribution to dps (Festergut is one such example).

What's more irritating is that no one in this thread yet (that I've seen anyway) has really highlighted why prot dps is as high as it is in arenas: prot warriors are using the 2pct10 tanking set bonus alongside massive arp gemming and pve dps gear. Nerfing shield slam and shield block related damage isn't the fix. Making it so that pve gear can't be used in arenas is. What's more it's a fix that will have positive ramifications on other classes that often abuse pve gear in pvp situations (e.g. rogues).

10+ Year Old Account

The armor pen removal will fix arms and prot in arena. This is just a bandaid. Paladins are the ones who need a bigger look, but I do agree with these prot warrior nerfs, even as a warrior. Prot paladins are still more OP though.

The easiest thing to do instead of Blizzard deciding to nerf our already dwindling supply of prot warriors is cut ArP out of the game now instead of waiting for Cat, this is going to fix Prot PvP for the most part. Most of the prot warriors in the top end brackets aren't using "tanking" gear, they're using DPS gear with heavy ArP because it works to counter balance resilience for shield slams. I'd settle for less damage as a prot warrior, provided Blizzard doesn't make dumb encounters where more damage is needed from your tanks (what the hell were they thinking with Festergut?) and to leave us the hell alone. I've always said that the day they need to nerf a prot warrior is the day hell freezes over and it's getting mighty chilly right now. Nerfing a prot warrior for PvP, I shed a tear for our world.

Regards,
    Rock