[Enhancement] Am I doing this right?

I am a little new to Enhancement and am hoping that my stats are... "Decent."

Currently I am: 19/52/0
    Expertise: 26/26
    Hit: Spell Capped
    AP: 5000
    Haste: 550
    Critical: 44%

On the Ironforge Boss Dummy I SUSTAIN 5100~5300DPS with only my own Totems and Wolves.
    In 25s on low movement fights I pull 7000~9000DPS.
    On Putricide I am pulling 4000~5000DPS...

Also I have been avoiding armor pen like the plague... Should have some or is this the right idea. I really havent seen too much information since 3.3 so I need a little guidance.

Re: [Enhancement] Am I doing this right?

Don't avoid Armor Pen like the plague, but no, it's not a good stat for us.

1 point of armor pen is worth ~1.5 AP for most enhancement shaman, in terms of dps gained. The problem with this is that it takes the item budget of 2 AP.

Crit, haste, AP, and hit (yes, hit over the spell cap, it still benefits your white hits, which proc most of your damage) are all better stats than armor penetration.

If a piece is an upgrade anyway, though, the armor penetration isn't going to hurt you.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trellen/simple (Enhancement PvE)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/alamo/simple (Boomkin/Guardian, PvE)

No, I'm not the real Alamo, just a guy who liked his work.

While I wouldn't directly go for armor pen, its not as horrible a stat as everyone says.

Once were all in 4 piece t10 and getting close to (or at) the crit cap, armor pen's worth becomes a lot higher.

One of our best trinkets (yes it is top 2 or 3 at the moment) is http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50362 This trinket has a passive 155 armor pen (or 11% which is nothing to scoff at by the way), but the procs are amazing +600 haste or agil or 1200 AP for 30 seconds with a 105s ICD.

Unfortunately, like hit rating, intentionally avoiding this stat will cause you to suffer because you cannot get sufficient upgrades otherwise (since blizzard has to itemize mail for hunters as well).

As the poster above said however, of course it should not be your main focus

I am hitting around 9000-9400 on tank and spank fights and your gear seems to have around the same stats as mine (I have a bit less AP because of my trinkets/gems), so I would say you are doing pretty good!

Never use a training dummy to see "how you are doing" there are just too many variables missing.

yes armor pen is the last stat on the totem pole (lol, get it?), but it is not like spirit or something with virtually no bennefit.

though our two top attacks (mele/wf) would benefit, none of our spells would, which make up a signifigant portion of our dps. AP affects both mele and spell well, as does crit(not haste really cause all casting is instant). Its not like a rogue, blood dk, or warrior who have nearly all their dps come from physical strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphrodos
    (not haste really cause all casting is instant)
    Right and wrong. First, haste affects our GCD on more than half the abilities we use. Secondly, more haste results in more Maelstrom Weapon procs, which increases our LB/CL damage. Finally, Flametongue Weapon is spell damage and more haste = more FT procs. Haste indirectly does benefit everything we do.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trellen/simple (Enhancement PvE)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/alamo/simple (Boomkin/Guardian, PvE)

No, I'm not the real Alamo, just a guy who liked his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablospawn21

On the Ironforge Boss Dummy I SUSTAIN 5100~5300DPS with only my own Totems and Wolves.

Also I have been avoiding armor pen like the plague... Should have some or is this the right idea. I really havent seen too much information since 3.3 so I need a little guidance.
    you are what a togc or icc25 man enh sham should be at, your ap is high im guessing you dont gem for haste? thats just fine or maybe its your trinkets. At any rate you are fine and dandy.

hey buddy im having the same issue but i kinda fixed some of it
    reglyphed firenova to windfury
    respec'd full 5/5 reduced shocks
    you get about 1k dps back.

Also, be wise on totem placements and i did try using searing totem abit more due to the boss movement and adds movement. iv only had two trys with the new spec due to lag but it was competeing with the rest of the average dps.

i also saw some logs of a enhance doing pritty good dps he was gemmed full AP rather than haste, haste is wasted gemming due to not being able to sustain a good rotation.
    You get alot of burst dps and shock dmg increase, but hell if im going to regem just for proffessor :P

if anyone disagree's or has better suggesions pls post (fairly new to enhancement myself but just from my own observation)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vacant
    i also saw some logs of a enhance doing pritty good dps he was gemmed full AP rather than haste, haste is wasted gemming due to not being able to sustain a good rotation.

if anyone disagree's or has better suggesions pls post (fairly new to enhancement myself but just from my own observation)
    Yes, I disagree there.

But seriously, the damage of melee classes on professor IS low unless, for some strange reason, somebody is allowed to tunnel the boss and ignore the oozes. Looked at the log from my last kill and I saw that I was doing virtually no dps for about a third of the fight, running to/from oozes, running back to green oozes after the explosion, running around the vials on the ground just to be safe. Sometimes had FS on the target, sometimes didn't even have that. So basically the only time our dps can be compared to other encounters or casters in this one is p3 and even then you're sitting on a bunch of cooldowns most of the time so it's subjective.

The thing is that dps in the first two phases isn't actually all that important, but the dps you see on your damage meter is the combined dps for all 3 phases. You should log the fight and then look it over later. You only have a problem if your dps is low in p3.

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...icide/25N/dps/

lets play SPOT THE ENHANCEMENT SHAMAN! its pritty hard :P

Looking Through world of logs.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/7u3b0...?s=7580&e=8005

top Enhancement shaman on WoL's doing things properly aka dpsing oozes. 3rd top damage = earthshock, malee(nr1) WF(nr2) if someone can find his armory it would be nice to see damn russians :P

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/cm0dn...=12356&e=12856

http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...Filthe&group=2
    Lightening shield glyph and 3/3 lightening shield looks interesting over clearcast/stormstrike
    iv found i dont rly need to use shaministic rage so much for mana in icc so maybe remove mana regen to give it a go.

http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...ggus&cn=Unashi

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/72zj9.../4/?s=58&e=546

Standard spec but with some BiS gear

I would say, thats about right on your OP. I'm guessing that @ around 500-600 haste. You should start gemming for AP. Or you could just do the 20ap/10 haste gems. Thats what I have been doing. Also I've seen alot of shamans speced into fire nova. While that's nice and all. There's alot of moving around in ICC so far and not alot of chances to keep magma. I choose reverb for more shocks and yeah i only got t9. But in my craptastic gear I peaked at 7800 on saurfang 25 and leveled out at 7250ish. Same for festergut. Not bad considering I suppose. its all about getting your rotation down and doing things in proper order all while moving around. its difficult and enhance is a difficult class to play. its one of the heaviest mico manage specs i've seen so far.

You should never expect to blow everyone else away in dps. If you are, you either had really really lucky RNG or the other dps just blows complete ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargz
    I would say, thats about right on your OP. I'm guessing that @ around 500-600 haste. You should start gemming for AP. Or you could just do the 20ap/10 haste gems. Thats what I have been doing. Also I've seen alot of shamans speced into fire nova. While that's nice and all. There's alot of moving around in ICC so far and not alot of chances to keep magma. I choose reverb for more shocks and yeah i only got t9. But in my craptastic gear I peaked at 7800 on saurfang 25 and leveled out at 7250ish. Same for festergut. Not bad considering I suppose. its all about getting your rotation down and doing things in proper order all while moving around. its difficult and enhance is a difficult class to play. its one of the heaviest mico manage specs i've seen so far.

You should never expect to blow everyone else away in dps. If you are, you either had really really lucky RNG or the other dps just blows complete ass.
    I am sorry to say but you socketing so wrong.... Why u need stam gem? there is the 2 of stats gems... I cant believe you do 7800dps on Saurfang.... if you do with resocket and retalent u gonna be do 9k.
    Check the ENH Shamy FAQ in this site...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vacant
    http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...icide/25N/dps/

lets play SPOT THE ENHANCEMENT SHAMAN! its pritty hard :P
    Thats a lot of hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Boboca
    I am sorry to say but you socketing so wrong.... Why u need stam gem? there is the 2 of stats gems... I cant believe you do 7800dps on Saurfang.... if you do with resocket and retalent u gonna be do 9k.
    Check the ENH Shamy FAQ in this site...
    Having not investigated his armory, where did he say he gems stam? i play on a semi-terribad realm, US-Runetotem, and after scanning the logs of our top guilds on both factions, the top Enhance Shaman only does 7900dps on Saurfang. My Shaman in slightly worse gear only does about 300 below that.

Scanning those logs led me to a couple questions:

Are we no longer using Flame Shock in our rotation? I thought it was pretty much common knowledge to use FS and keep the dot up as much as possible, but from all the Shaman I see on my realm and the Shaman logs posted so far in this thread I don't see a single person using FS.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript
    Thats a lot of hunters.

Having not investigated his armory, where did he say he gems stam? i play on a semi-terribad realm, US-Runetotem, and after scanning the logs of our top guilds on both factions, the top Enhance Shaman only does 7900dps on Saurfang. My Shaman in slightly worse gear only does about 300 below that.

Scanning those logs led me to a couple questions:

Are we no longer using Flame Shock in our rotation? I thought it was pretty much common knowledge to use FS and keep the dot up as much as possible, but from all the Shaman I see on my realm and the Shaman logs posted so far in this thread I don't see a single person using FS.
    I get about a 38 dps increase if Flame Shock is included using Enhsim 1.9.6.1
    Not sure why one wouldn't use FS.

Quote Originally Posted by bitrix
    yes armor pen is the last stat on the totem pole (lol, get it?), but it is not like spirit or something with virtually no bennefit.
    i see what you did there /grin

Quote Originally Posted by Diablospawn21

Putricide is not a high dps fight.. although you have to have very high dps to kill him... i'm doin almost exactly where you are sitting with this one and this fight kinda sucks for me because i'm the only sham in our raid most the time so i'm dropping totems every time we go to the other side.. dropping totems in the middle doesn't quite reach to the corners where we drag the professor.

but i'd say you are spot on and maybe even a little better than where you should be at

GL with Professor kills