Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Why is The Horde so mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    Unless the Horde are taking ownership and responsibility of the Elves in Tempest Keep and all the nasty stuff that went on there.

I am not certain when they split but I assumed it was at the start of TBC.

Either way the Blood Elves in Bloodmyst are not tied to the Horde is all I'm trying to point out.

*checks to see if the sky is in the air*
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by fapjackmasta
    the horde isnt mean. they get rid of people that are a hazard to themselves or their allies. that seems rather intelligent and not mean really.

imean, the mean ol' alliance bastards would find the traitor or whoever it is they are looking for and would lock him in the stockades for all of eternity. seems a little bit more mean than a swift death.
    Personally I think that Alliance is going to be just as bad as Horde has been lately when it comes to taking care of traitors before they make their big moves.

Case in point: Staghelm

What? Do you all think he's just going to sit there and take it when Malfurion Stormrage comes back? Do you think he hasn't been up to something involving that Morrowgrain he's be collecting for the past few years?

???

15+ Year Old Account

Forsaken = Alignment: Usually evil

Horde = lawfull

Though the Horde could quickly become a formidable war machine once again, in formal terms they are a peaceful nation deciding to try for peace and help the world rather than savage rampaging like the early history of the Horde
    Alliance on the other hand.. /spit

-The defias is another thing, grats on creating yourself a new ennemy and breaking the code of honor
    Razed by the Horde in the First War, Stormwind City required a small army of engineers and artisans in order to begin a massive program of reconstruction. After restoring the city to its former glory, the workers gathered outside Stormwind Keep to collect payment for their services. This came as a surprise to the nobility of the city, who had assumed that the work was being done as a matter of civic pride. Whether they were unable or simply unwilling to proffer payment, they immediately ordered the workers exiled from the city. With only the tools in their hands and the clothes on their backs, the workers were forced out of Stormwind and into Elwynn Forest.

The shocked and forlorn workers were rallied by engineer Edwin VanCleef and became bandits, collecting their payment one traveler at a time. Marking themselves with a tattoo of a cog on their right hand, the bandits declared that “the machine will not run smoothly if the parts go renegade” to each waylaid traveler. Banditry and thievery quickly became a way of life for the exiles, banding together under VanCleef’s leadership as the Defias Brotherhood. Over the years, the ranks of the Brotherhood have been bolstered by the skilled, the desperate, and the outcast — and now those marked with the cog tattoo signifying membership number in the hundreds. In Elwynn Forest, and the area around Stormwind, the Brotherhood has mastered the art of the ambush, and despite protection by the Stormwind City Guard, few caravans get through the woods unhindered. The Guard’s inability and unwillingness to pursue the Brotherhood into Westfall has led the farmers and villagers in the area to form The People's Militia in an attempt to stave off the Brotherhood’s constant looting.
    -trying to execute a complete cadre of Blood elf because they got helped by Naga..

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgOctopus
    they were together at the beginning of tbc werent they?
    i though they split after getting to outlands and kael betrayed them
    Personally, I think those blood elves in draenei lands are probably the ones that left with Kael to go to outland and a group that's not been on Azeroth since Kael's fleeing of the violet hold and meeting up with Illidan.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by willjones410
    My God, Phenom! Did you just defend the Horde?

...I'm stunned! And impressed!
    It happens from time to time, a weakness of mine

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    Forsaken = Alignment: Usually evil

Horde = lawful
    I always thought that characterization of the forsaken was a little disingenuous. A lot of the behavior of the forsaken army is really no worse than what you might expect from an embattled nation.

Morally questionable? Yes.
    Outright evil? Probably not.
    Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much. ~attributed to Oscar Wilde

Looking through starting zone Horde quests:

Tirisfal Glades: As Forsaken your principle enemies are the Scourge and the Scarlet Crusade. Your quests are dark and abysmal. You are undead. Your body is rotting. Your mind has been forcefully raped by the Lich King. And you also get the feeling that the Forsaken have forsaken their sanity. They are sociopaths. Their hatred towards the Scourge and bitterness towards the living knows almost no bounds; they are driven to vengeance whatever it takes.

Silverpine: Forsaken control of Silverpine is tenuous and is split between three to four forces (depending on how you count them): Forsaken, Scourge, Arugal/Worgen, and Alliance. The Scourge want to kill the Forsaken, because they're the Scourge. The Sons of Arugal want to use them as chew toys, and the Alliance views them as unnatural abominations that are not much different from the Scourge. So yes, you will be killing the Dalaran remnants of the Alliance in Silverpine. You will be fighting (i.e., fleeing like a blonde in a horror film) the Sons of Arugal.

Eversong Woods: Many of the quests for the blood elves show just how hard the loss of the Sunwell and the Scourge hit them. The wretched show what blood and high elves are capable of succumbing to if they are unable to deal with their magical addiction. You get glimpses of what awaits in Outland and the fall of Kael'thas with the fel crystals and M'uru. Here you fight primarily the Scourge and their traditional foes, the Amani trolls, but you also briefly deal with a dwarf spy and night elf intruders/spies. (I have never been able to find out why the night elves actually care about what the blood elves are doing.)

Ghostlands: Scourge, Scourge, Scourge, Amani trolls, and some more night elf intruders. As you move south, you get closer to the Eastern Plaguelands, and you get more of a glimpse as to how the Scourge have brought the high elves low. And throughout both Eversong and the Ghostlands is the Dead Scar, which a fantastic reminder of Arthas's March to the Sunwell and sacking of Quel'Thalas.

Durotar: Durotar is a new nation. As either an orc or troll you spend your time fighting the inner corruption of the Shadow Council that secretly lies within Horde society. It gives you a glimpse of what the New Horde is trying to purge from their ranks and past. But in Durotar you will also be fighting quillboar, centaur, harpies, makrura, and cannibalistic voodoo trolls. Perhaps more importantly, you fight the remnants of Admiral Daelin Proudmoore's invasion from WC3:TFT. You even find dispatch orders and plans for further invasions of Kul Tiras into Durotar.

Mulgore: The tauren are on their ancestral homelands, or at least the heart of their territories. They fight hostile quillboar and their traditional centaur enemies. But dwarves as well as the Venture Company have also begun digging up their lands, which is an affront to the tauren. Other than that, you are primarily engaging in "The Hunt," a rite of passage.

Barrens: "Where's Mankrik's wife?!" It had to be said. Guess what you get to fight in the Barrens? You guessed it! Quillboar, centaur, harpies, and makrura! There is also more of the Venture Company and pirates. Many of the zone quests deal with the mystery of the Barrens oases and trying to restore it to life, as well as the Forsaken RAS who are attracted to the any possible components they can use for their nefarious purposes. But there are also more dwarves on tauren land in Bael Modan. Horde also have access to a quest in Ratchet given by a high elf (note: not a blood elf, but a high elf) whose ship was ransacked by the Alliance forces of Northwatch Hold. The elf asks you to kill Alliance, and the Horde is more than happy to oblige. You also get the first signs of the silithids in the Southern Barrens. But by that point you Barrens Chat has driven you mad quicker than an Old God ever could and you flee from the Barrens ASAP for other zones. (And when you are high enough level, you get to partake in TWO instances dedicated to fighting quillboars!)

In sum for the Horde:
    * Lordaeron Horde Quests: Welcome to the lives and lands royally screwed by the Lich King and the Scourge.
    * Kalimdor Horde Quests: Building new nations in the midst of quillboar, centaur, harpies, makrura, and the possible threat of Alliance attacks.

the scarlet crusade seemed a noble cause, but have gotten recently a bit crazy. it may be a side effect of being isolated away in a your lands already lost to the undead, your 5 family members also dying to zombies, becoming zombies, and almost eating your brains before some scarlet crusader came by and chopped their heads off. you then get taken to their camp and given a choice: join or die.
    they point foreward from the chapel you're holed up at and say "see those lands out there? they're full of zombies. evil zombies. that want to eat your brains. if you see a human that isn't wearing our tabard, he might be a zombie. don't give him that chance.

give that tense situation plus some gentle nudging by a select few unnamed demons, they become the scarlet crazyhouse.

from your base in undercity you look out and see them attempting to raid Brill and burning everyone and everything they see. your fellow zombie points to them and says "those guys out there? they're crazy and hopeless. kill them before they kill us."

i dunno how i got all that, but that was kind of fun to write.

as far as the other horde races, they're not always as mean. the orcs and trolls are more warlike with their scarred past, and cling to honor. Mankrik's wife dies to pig-men. he tells you to go slaughter pigmen and give him a stack of tusks a mile high. that's less "evil" and more "VENGEEAAAAANCE!! >
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by SPC7R0
    that wasnt the horde you know...... that was some insiders from the burning legion that where in the horde
    ICWUTUDIDTHAR
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx
    I have never seen any Alliance quests that make you kill "good" races.
    They send you to exterminate a group of people who turned to crime because they were promised a million gold pieces for the reconstruction of the whole of Stormwind after the second war, but the city's nobles felt offended by them not doing it "for charity", so they exiled them (after the city was rebuilt, greater and sturdier than before).

That's the true backstory of the Defias Brotherhood ^^

the forsaken quest are more evil then the rest of the horde. most of the orc starting quest is mainly about rooting out the warlock cults still loyal to demon loads. the quest to kill alliance is mainly a fallout from the WC3:TFT storyline with rexxar. and tauren had the quest to kill the dwarves because there defiling the land.

as for blood elfs i have no clue why the night elfs are spying on them outside of "night elfs hae blood elfs because they like magic and stuff"

Gnomes and Tauren are the only races from the horde and the alliance, that are peaceful and understanding.
    Every other race goes on a rampage when they see an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by yaij9841
    actually Belfs send you to go kill off a group of night elf spies. Trolls don't really have many quests at all anyways, the lazy troll stuff didn't start out of nothing afterall (and wasn't only talking about Vol'jin).
    Tauren do have a quest to kill dwarves for their excavation sites in horde lands (mulgore and southern barrens).
    Well if you have spies in your home land, what do you do? Invite them over to a barbeque? And Taurens want them dead because they are defiling the land.

Let's see what we got here...
    THe ONLY horde race that didnt anything bad are the tauren
    ORcs : Ravaged an entire kingdom and killed many kids and women
    Blood Elves : They're on crack , WTF?! they say they cant control it , so what about the High Elves? They CAN control it
    Trolls : *cough* /point Trollwars *cough* , *cough* /point all Zul'Instances *cough*
    Forsaken : They first had an alliance with the humans and then betrayed them , and now they're the victims? fuck off please...

Deleted

Alliance baby!

Rawr!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman
    Cause horde is badass
    I gave u an internets

Were mean becasue we hate Alliance pussies.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    -trying to execute a complete cadre of Blood elf because they got helped by Naga..
    Theoretically, that was one racist commander (albeit of the remaining forces of Lordaeron) ordering his unit to do that, and nothing to do with the Alliance proper. Trying to blame the rest of the Alliance for that is like trying to blame the rest of the Horde for Sylvanas betraying Garithos and wiping out the remainder of Lordaeron's army in order to form the Forsaken's lands.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman
    Cause horde is badass
    No. You're just bad. And ass.

I believe that the Lich King was a "human". I think he kinda takes the "evil" to a level not reached by the Horde.