How to spend emblems of triumph? (resto)

Hey guys,

So I've recently been saving up my Emblems of Triumph and need some help spending them

My armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...urfang&n=Jelly

I was wondering - is it worth to invest in T9 4 piece set? I don't have a chance to get the T10 anytime soon.

I won't replace my chest and I therefore would need head, gloves, shoulders and legs for the bonus. However, the off set Helm of Abundant Growth http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47690 and Shoulders of the Fateful Accord http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47712 seem better...

I was therefore wondering, whether it pays off to give up on the additional stats they give in order to get the T9 set bonus, or shall I just screw it and go for the off sets?

I'd greatly appreciate your help!

Re: How to spend emblems of triumph? (resto)

small bump..

Could anyone share their thoughts please?

I wouldn't really recommend ignoring the t9 4 piece bonus. It's good and worth taking slightly lower stat-items.

thanks for your advice!

Just get the 4pc t9 and be done with it.

Unless you know you can get trophy of the crusade I'd just recommend getting a bunch of gems.

Keep in mind, with the changes to haste in 3.3 if you get 4pc T9 Its pretty unlikely that you'll be hitting the haste cap. I would just stack haste and forget about the T9 4pc, its not that good now. Of course if you can get the 4pc and still hit the haste cap go ahead and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnEpicName
    Keep in mind, with the changes to haste in 3.3 if you get 4pc T9 Its pretty unlikely that you'll be hitting the haste cap. I would just stack haste and forget about the T9 4pc, its not that good now. Of course if you can get the 4pc and still hit the haste cap go ahead and do it.
    On the flipside, if he's just getting badge gear the haste cap is moot. There is no reason to strive for haste cap unless you need it. Don't need it for heroics, heck, don't necessarily need it for 10 mans either. If you're a 25 man raiding tree then use the trophies and stack 4pc t9 and get as much haste as you can but don't worry about cap unless your struggling or pushing hard modes.

Can also try and spec into CF if you want more haste..

Unless you're running hardmode togc and getting 25 man icc gear at current release lvls there isn't much better gear than 4pc t9

Quote Originally Posted by blahism
    On the flipside, if he's just getting badge gear the haste cap is moot. There is no reason to strive for haste cap unless you need it. Don't need it for heroics, heck, don't necessarily need it for 10 mans either. If you're a 25 man raiding tree then use the trophies and stack 4pc t9 and get as much haste as you can but don't worry about cap unless your struggling or pushing hard modes.

Can also try and spec into CF if you want more haste..

Unless you're running hardmode togc and getting 25 man icc gear at current release lvls there isn't much better gear than 4pc t9
    Your're right, I sometimes forget that not everyone is a raider and most of my advise is given from the prospective of a 25man raider. Even though I would still concider myself casual (raid 4hours a night for 3-4 nights a week), I should start offering both view points. Thanks.

There's nothing casual about raiding four or so nights a week for four hours. I think most WoW raiders forget that the average person doesn't sit staring at their monitor for three to four hours at a stretch grinding out hard mode bosses.

As for the topic, I'm a feral DPS main with resto as my off-spec, and I plan to buy my fourth piece of T9 resto gear to finish up the set bonus. Critting Rejuvs sounds nice, and I'm not expected to have to heal progression content, so I'm not too concerned with swimming in the stat minutiae like I do with my feral. At this point, if it looks like an upgrade, it probably is one.

Your're right, I sometimes forget that not everyone is a raider and most of my advise is given from the prospective of a 25man raider. Even though I would still concider myself casual (raid 4hours a night for 3-4 nights a week), I should start offering both view points. Thanks.
    They really did a number on trees with that one adjustment to our haste.. now we have more lvls of trees and concepts to chose from than ever before - none of which are entirely the best but more along the lines of what works. its good in one way and bad in others.

Personally, i want haste - we're pushing content and i miss the old 3.2 ease of getting haste so i agree with you, but if your just healing heroics or 10 mans that 4pc t9 is fannnntastic.. heck, i use heroic 4pc set to this day and have an alertanate haste set i'm building around t10 - still not sure if i'm going to gear it all the way to cap or just try a CF build.

With all the procs on new gear, trinks and weapons i'm thinking i'll drop living seed and go CF. Living seed is doing less heals than my gear procs currently without 4pc t10 with 3% more haste my healing may scale even more than the living seed chance & heals total.

Quote Originally Posted by blahism
    With all the procs on new gear, trinks and weapons i'm thinking i'll drop living seed and go CF. Living seed is doing less heals than my gear procs currently without 4pc t10 with 3% more haste my healing may scale even more than the living seed chance & heals total.
    I didn't really want to drop Living Seed but after reviewing some logs, I noticed it was bearly doing anything (of course I was not tank healing but raid healing like I always am). Honestly, I wish Blizz would add more purchasable specs because I would pick up a pug spec (Just one of many others I would pick up) that includes talents to boost my direct heals along with Living Seed. So that little extra healing would be there when I had to help spam the tank. I would have atleast 6 specs for PvE (healing and DPS) and 2-3 for PvP. It's really nice having all these options with specs as a druid but I wish blizz would make it easier for us to utilize them all.

I didn't really want to drop Living Seed but after reviewing some logs, I noticed it was bearly doing anything (of course I was not tank healing but raid healing like I always am). Honestly, I wish Blizz would add more purchasable specs because I would pick up a pug spec (Just one of many others I would pick up) that includes talents to boost my direct heals along with Living Seed. So that little extra healing would be there when I had to help spam the tank. I would have atleast 6 specs for PvE (healing and DPS) and 2-3 for PvP. It's really nice having all these options with specs as a druid but I wish blizz would make easier for us to utilize them all.
    Either more talents we can switch to (A template system would be nice) or allow us to earn rep with trainers to reduce or nullify the re-spec cost period. Perhaps give engineers a trainer bot so we can respec in raid hehe

A trainer bot isn't a bad idea at all but I have a feeling ther'ye going to add more purchasable specs soon - maybe in Cata. Hopefully sooner *crosses fingures*.

The T9 4pc bonus is really nice coupled with thr rapid rejuv glyph. My main spec is tree, and my guild only runs 10 man raids (I randomly pug 25). I didn't get 4p t9 until a couple days before 3.3, so didn't get to test it out before rapid rejuv (picked up the glyph day 1). Our raid setup for healing is a pally only on the 2 tanks, and I am on raid (as trees usually are). We never really had trouble with content, but didn't really try ToGC. I went from averaging 3.5k HPS in ToC, Ony, ect, to averaging 6-7k HPS in ICC 10, most of it coming from keeping hots on the tanks as well as raid.

So I say in any type of raiding aspect, 4p t9 is great (even better with GoRR). If you are only doing heroics, pick whatever, at your point its ALL overkill for 5 mans.