Thread: BRD Corpse Walk

BRD Corpse Walk

Is there a longer corpse walk in the game than dying in Blackrock Depths?

Re: BRD Corpse Walk

Don't think so

It would be nice if there was a closer graveyard but then I guess people would complain about the game being 'dumbed down' even more...

Though I'm sure it'll improve when Cata hits if you can hold out that long!

I'd hope they add a graveyard that's closer. They boasted in an old patch that they created several new graveyards in the game, but they didn't seem to add one closer to this instance.

I'm past BRD now anyway. I just wanted to know if it was actually the longest.

The BRD corpse run is fine. No, seriously, I always felt it was fine. Yes, it's long. But, hey, so is the instance itself. It's a classic, no need to mess with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharay1977
    The BRD corpse run is fine. No, seriously, I always felt it was fine. Yes, it's long. But, hey, so is the instance itself. It's a classic, no need to mess with it.
    This, my man, is a real .. girl?

It'd be nice with a new graveyard, just closer, but ain't it gonna erupt in Cataclysm?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

Deleted

DM & DM are quite long aswell tbh.

-Dire Maul and Deadmines-

dying in Halaa while not owning it sucks ass as well

uh and well those corpse runs to slave pens, and those instances down in that sea aint much better.

Some regions of silithus might have longer corpse runs, been a long time since i ever had the displeasure of checking though.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

corpse run to stockades as horde is pretty long also, you start at the graveyard on the other side of the map!

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

The most fun part was will-o-wisp on chains. I did that a lot when I attempted that instance the very first time, pre-nerf, trying to tank it in arms spec... also fell down once and spent an eternity searching for a way out of the lava pool. :

When I levelled my last alt we breezed through the first part of the instance without a single wipe. Then we realized nobody had the key. ;D Note to self: Die at least once before 4th boss next time.

BRD is a fantastic design but also insanely large, complex, and hard (pre-nerf). As others have said, the long corpse walk seems only adequate.

The most annoying long corpse walks were in Dun Morogh. Have they added some more cemetaries by now? Haven't played Alliance in a while...

oh god i remember lvling my main 5 years ago .. oh the awful awful times in BRD... 3 hours later and we still havnt finished the dam place..or your there for 30mins some one goes afk never comes back group disband .. man i still have nightmares.

For instance runs, i think BRD is probably the longest corpse run if you die inside. (unless you are alliance running Ragefire or Horde running Stockades for whatever reason)

For out and about in the world, the longest would probably be dying at the very back of that long cave in southern silithus. It had a tendancy to dump your ghost near crossroads if you were horde.

I also got eaten by the lag monster shortly after one of the major holiday patches, glitched out while on a zeplin, and died somwehere in the south of silithus. It popped my ghost at the alliance island in Feralas for some reason. Feralas to silithus as a ghost is about a 45 minute run.....

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    For instance runs, i think BRD is probably the longest corpse run if you die inside. (unless you are alliance running Ragefire or Horde running Stockades for whatever reason)

For out and about in the world, the longest would probably be dying at the very back of that long cave in southern silithus. It had a tendancy to dump your ghost near crossroads if you were horde.

I also got eaten by the lag monster shortly after one of the major holiday patches, glitched out while on a zeplin, and died somwehere in the south of silithus. It popped my ghost at the alliance island in Feralas for some reason. Feralas to silithus as a ghost is about a 45 minute run.....
    Good lord...

yeah, it was a VERY wierd day when that patch hit. Crazy lag everywhere and i made the mistake of trying to take the zeplin from Orgrimmar to Grom gol (I think i was going to attempt to zone into ZG and solo the mount bosses).

I somehow ended up somewhere either in southern silithus or actually SOUTH of silithus entirely (I could only base this on attempting to triangulate where my corpse recovery arrow was pointing) when my zeplin finally loaded and crashed. It took me about 4 minutes after I released for it to finally assign me a graveyard, and I then spent about 10 minutes continually falling to my death as a ghost because my ghost spawned "under" the spirit healer (I could actually watch the ghosts of other people dying to lag pop up above me, and i would just fall off into oblivion then my ghost would pop back up just under the spirit healer and fall again).

When it finally deposited me above the ground, I decided I would try to get my corpse back (taking a spirit rez usually costs me about 200g, way to go druids and 3 bags full of gear for different specs / occasions). Needless to say, I gave up and ate the rez bill at a spirit healer in Ungoro after I became fairly certain that even if i did get near my corpse, i might not even be able to recover it (for all i know, it was probably lost in one of those unreachable mountain regions borderign south silithus or something).

Once, during vanilla, when I died near Booty Bay, the game felt it necessary to pop me back as ghost... at the graveyard near Darkshore. So, across the ocean. That was interesting.