LastLast

Re: What SHOULD happen to Dalaran

Dalaran: "Hillsbrad was merely a setback!"

It floats or falls, i dont care ither way ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifra
    dalaran will not end up like shatt, and here's why

it already has portals to every single major city in cataclysm, therefore a lot of peole (or at least I) will keep their HS in dalaran, after all, in the discussion of having your cake and eating eat, I'd rather have 4 cakes and eat one as well.
    Shatt has portals to all the major cities as well. Flawed logic is flawed.

These discussions tend to pop up alot, and they all miss a major point, which is that WoW isn't a linear story told from a single person's point of view - a new lvl 68 character arriving in Northrend after 3.3 (most likely after Cataclysm too, for that matter) will still have to go through the story at their own pace, which means from THEIR point of view the Lich King hasn't been defeated yet.

I suppose they could do something fancy with the whole phasing gimmick, but they're... not going to.

um...nothing...if it was moved or put somewhere else it would impact on the major story/playstyle of future people wanting to play the game/level alts. You might be finished with it once Cata comes out but there are other people that wont be. Wrath content wont be changing dramatically like Vanilla content will be, if at all. They have already announced this, and i think moving/landing dalaran is a big content change

Quote Originally Posted by Jeare
    Dalaran: "Hillsbrad was merely a setback!"
    Wow that never even occurred to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellevad View Post
    The polymorph turtle doesn't walk slower than the polymorph sheep. It's just a bit less likely to be hit on by a welshman

10+ Year Old Account

they are going to leave Dal just like Shat. it makes sense compare to everything else Blizzard has done.

Dalaran is Lavaman, ofc.

God this joke is old and bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by select20
    Him: "I don't have a complete healing set yet, but I am healing capped and MP5 capped, so I'm good."
    Me: "What do you mean healing/mp5 capped?"
    Him: "I maxed my healing/MP5 so now I can successfully heal any heroic or any raid up to 10man lvl. Thats why I got some tanking gear on to help me survive longer in case I pull aggro from the tank."
    Awesome SIGZ MAYNE

15+ Year Old Account

I personally would like to see Deathwing casually fly by and smash that ball of lag out the park with a giant baseball bat in the cinematic.

If the Kirin Tor would decide to stay in such an inconveniant place as in the middle of Northrend I imagine it would be so that they could help rebuild the Blue Dragonflight now that Malygos is dead.
    What the question is though is why should the Kirin Tor let the Horde stay there anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Siseñor
    Since the Lich King will be 'defeated' by the time Cataclysm comes out, the city should 'settle down' (literally!) in Crystalsong Forest, on the ground (a perfect setting since Crystalsong is a pretty nice place).

Or descend to the depths of the Maelstrom, never to disconnect innocent players again.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    I would say.. something happens and for a few seconds all of the worlds magic is negated! Dalaran comes crashing to the ground!.
    and they make a movie about, Wowanic! aka titanik 2

Quote Originally Posted by kingmob
    Shattrath does not have Portals to WG (Yes it will still be a good place to get honor from at 85) and CoT. The only downside to Dalaran is you cant fly in it.

Dur is dur.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmob
    Shatt was replaced by Dala. Meanwhile, Blizz has stated that there's not going to be a direct replacement to Dalaran in Cataclysm.
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

Leave it where it is. Seriously. Up there and out of the way, that way we know that Gross Mary Sue...err, I mean Veleera Windrunner, is up there continuing to try and be Rhonin's shoulder monkey. She's had more than enough WoW screen time as it is. :P

10+ Year Old Account

Nothing my alts need to level

Nuff said

didnt dalaran get blown off aldaraan ?

I think it should have a giant waterslide that goes to IF for Alliance and Ogri for Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    nothing will happen to it. to many quests amung other things would have to be changed. And moving out of northrend is not an option at all. There would be no major city.
    As much as I hate mages, I'd be happier if they moved Dalaran, and let them port right where they're supposed to. So the dumb mages that didn't know any better could port a group into a hole in the sky, to fall to their doom.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick