Thread: Too much crit?

Too much crit?

Hey,

I`ve posted few weeks ago a thread asking advices regarding crit and I was advice to go for crit since 2pc t9 loves it , also rawr was pushing me towards crit

I currently sit on 46% crit with 5300AP ( http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...flight&n=Liviu ) and in raids I go around 54-55%.

My question is: due to the fact that glancing hits are around 25% of my white hits, isnt 50%+ crit wasted? Should I replace chest with the 258ilvl str/crit/hit frostborne one? (have it in my bank)

Thx in advance

P.S. not native english speaker so......

Re: Too much crit?

replace strg+crit gems with strg+haste gems, get 23 haste chant on your cloak and get 26 expertise

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by yawn
    replace strg+crit gems with strg+haste gems, get 23 haste chant on your cloak and get 26 expertise
    never gem for haste.

just switch some gems for pure strength instead.

Well, that will not fix more then max 1% crit. my expertise is fine due to SoC glyph.
    Also I`m using DS glyph since it was helpfull on then new bosses with so much raid dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    never gem for haste.

k my bad, i thought haste was very good for retadins (not as good as strg but still)

Your very close to being hit capped, exp capped with glyph and obv not duel wielding. So your white crit cap is something like 74.xx% no need to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Volki
    Your very close to being hit capped, exp capped with glyph and obv not duel wielding. So your white crit cap is something like 74.xx% no need to worry.
    Using Chestplate of the Frostborn Hero ilvl258 would give me +170AP and overcapped at hit , but I lose 4.3% crit. I think its too much, also since my undercap hit issue I solve it with a shammy in my party.

mate, buffed in raids you should exactly be having 50% crit, dont go over that because an upgrade from 45%.-50% crit is much more efficient than from 50%-55%, it doesnt help much if you have somuch crit. id suggest you used the chest as well as long as its still over 50% buffed in raids.

If you like socket bonuses then get them.
    Directly gemming for crit with 20 crit gems is bullshit. try 10str+10crit instead for yellow sockets.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Having that much crit is perfectly fine. Most BiS lists I've seen set you around 60%+ raid buffed crit, which will be absolutely ridiculous.

Consider the practical implications of having more crit. If you had a few plate pieces in place of the agility gear you have you might have 400 more ap for a tradeoff of 5-6% less crit. AP is a more static stat, crit is governed by the laws of RNG. With the agility and a higher critrate, you'll have the occasional shitfest of a crappy critrate on certain fights but for the most part and when you get lucky as well, you'll be dumping a huge stream of damage out. Especially if you get a chain of successive ability crits and roll RV up.

Regardless of how good strength (and therefore AP) is, when we have trinkets like Death's Choice and are proccing upwards of 11-12k AP fully raid buffed, crit has its value over an extra couple hundred AP there. As much as I'd love to just stack STR, wear full plate and leave the leather alone, it doesn't look like that'll be the top choice to shoot for min/maxing this tier of content, once again.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    never gem for haste.

On a side note it does seem that T10 2 piece is doing some funking things with the value of haste....making almost as valuable as crit and on par with agility.

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t78756-r...y/#post1508884

Keep in mind when that post was made (Jan 1rst) and that things may have changed since then.