Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Why I hate gearscore requirements

No Dannyll, thats not how its being used. Thats what you guys keep assuming for some ridiculous reason. When someone tells you your gear isn't good enough to run an instance that doesn't mean they're assuming someone with a higher gearscore is guaranteed to be good. It just means their gear allows the possibility of contributing. No amount of skill makes gear irrelevant. If you don't have the gear you don't have the gear. Sorry, go run heroics for an hour and get the gear and come back. If you do have the gear then you could possibly be an asset to the run but I'll check your gems/spec and ask if you've done the content before. Basically I can do whatever YOU claim I should do without gearscore, except I only have to do it on half as many people because gearscore eliminated the people in blues right off the bat.

Do some people have unrealistic gear expectations? Sure, but then they're idiots so you didn't want to run with them anyway did you? So if smart people don't use gearscore and you only want to run with smart raid leaders doesn't that mean gearscore helps you? And btw, the only way you'd ever know I use gearscore is if I told you your gear is too low. I think most pug leaders use gearscore, its just that everyone with suitable gear never knows it. You're only aware of the idiots who tell you you can't come to ICC because you dont have a 5.2 gearscore so you think thats everyone who uses gearscore. BTW, I've never seen one of these people. I'm actually pretty sure they're only common in the minds of forum goers.

And why do you suggest what I should do for my raids to avoid being able to use gearscore? My pugs are great and I dont want to change a thing. You guys are the ones complaining.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

The problem with Gearscore is people want way higher than the instance requires like for instance Malygos. I saw a full raid of t9 players unable to clear it for the weekly because they are bad raiders, gear only carries you through 2 phases then it's about executing on phase 3.

A week later I saw someone asking for a ridiculous gearscore to run 10man ToC which can be cleared by ulduar level gear.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyll
    I think you hit the nail here and this is the main problem that I have with gearscore; because it is not idiot-proof. I'm not sure if you have noticed, but this is how the whole concept is being used; as a defacto standard to tell whether or not someone is ready for whatever content is being run, except most often people don't really have a clue what gearscore they should apply for a particular raid and just throw up a random high number.
    Everyone knows what a decent requirement is for a raid. The GearScore addon shows you exactly what instances a player could do in a nice color coded chart. Players however choose to ignore this chart and demand higher GearScores because they want an easier run. PUGs are not for progression, they are for farming. Anyone trying to join one of these PUGs to learn the fights is foolish. What needs to happen is the players who want to PUG for progression should start their own PUGs or all group up and form a guild together.
    Mirrikat45/Arxkanite,
    Author of GearScore

Yes, I really am the author! View my proof here: http://forums.tentonhammer.com/membe...outme&simple=1 (Read "Biography")