Spell Mitigation + Festergut

I have been reading around on DK blogs and such. Some of the top end Frost DKs are reporting that Acclimation is having about an 80% up time on Festergut and Rotface.

I am a DW DK and thinking about running double Spellbreaking on my tanking weapons for that extra 4% spell mitigation. Just wondering if it actually will be enough midigation to make a difference.

Acclimation is Resistance where Spellbreaking is just straight %off-dmg.

What are your thoughts on this. Maybe even through in the Meta Gem that does Spell DMG mitigation also?
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Re: Spell Mitigation + Festergut

If you're tanking the melee damage he does heavily HEAVILY outweighs the disease damage going on. Removing the 25 defense (3% avoidance + 2% stamina) would probably just be a slap in the face of your healers.

If you're dpsing, than the dps you put out is more important than reducing a bit of damage. This is just as much a dps race.

Acclimation can be good if you can pick it up without losing any important other talent. Maybe if a tank gears for encounters specific he could do it and drop some threat talents, because you generally don't need more threat on festergut.

Swapping weapon rune always comes at a cost, especially on a boss that melees for up to 40k.

Yeah in running the numbers myself, the spell mitigation is not even worth it. However, Acclimation seems to be well worth the 3 points (if you can pull that from some where in the already bloated frost tree.)

Was looking a wow log file and acclimation was mitigating about 200K more shadow dmg then a standard tank. Will diffidently help on Festergut.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

For tanks the spell damage at festergut is irrelevant, they won't die to it. The melee damage is a very real threat though. You may take less damage overall with spellbreaking but that doesn't mean that your healers had an easier time keeping you up.

The only spell damage that you'd ever even consider worrying about would be when he exhales. Since you're most likely not using AMS to tank (I hope you're not in T8) then using AMS when you see him start to cast the exhale will save you some damage. That's about it though for incoming spell damage while tanking.