idea for revamping old instances and raids

Just thinking with people never experiencing old content like my favorite Kara, why not change the player instead of the instance?
    What if you could queue for Hyjal at 85 and each class be given scaled down base lvl gear and spells for the instance? A ratio where it would equate to what was available at that time and level. I realize there would be some flaws and making some things a generic baseline. But you wouldn't have to change much in these except have the drops changed to things like tokens and maybe mats that could be used after the instance.
    It would basically re-open every instance and raid from Rage Fire on up. You could even ad legendary items that need to be pieced together from multiple ones.
    I'm sure the conversion program would be extensive, but how extensive is creating an expansion? I think it would keep previous content alive. How many people have never seen Gruul? Or had to do BT in lvl 70 gear? SSC and MC back to life. Just a thought.

Re: idea for revamping old instances and raids

And why would blizzard take the time to full their game with this crap just because a few people QQ on the forums of nostalgia?

Om nom nom.... delicious nostalgia tears

Re: idea for revamping old instances and raids

one of the very early mentions of cataclysm had something about 'grouping with friends at a lower level, and having the choice to be scaled to their level', i haven't seen it mentioned more specifically, or anything carved in stone, but i think there'd definately be some fun potential in being able to scale your toon to help out friends without simpling solo-ing everything
    Quote Originally Posted by keke
    It's like asking why the hell bosses attack tanks and not healers. It's like asking why bosses play with us for 10 minutes, and then after 10 minutes they get tired of their toys and enrages and one shots us all. Why didn't they do this from the start? Stupid game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zongo
    Could you imagine Robin Williams in a raid vent...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari
    I'll be in my bunk.