Deleted

[Quest] Legendary PvP Weapon Quest Chain

I already posted this on eu forums, but since i find my idea very good, and forum are either dead or crowded by people without feedback, i though i would also post it here, and then maybe some more ppl will respond on eu forum where we could maybe get a blue post.
    http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....27632870&sid=1

In this post ill work out a idea of mine. There aint alot of legendary weapons in the game, but those that are there are all obtained in PvE content. Wouldnt it be time for a quest chain thats more focused on PvP to obtain a PvP Legendary Weapon?
    Of course a quest chain has many variables; how hard does it have to be, where will it take place, how long should it take to obtain it, how expensive should it be, what weapon should be so legendary that it gets a legendary status in game with its own quest chain
    In this post ill work out some of my own ideas on all this. And in the final part ill recap this all into a example of a quest chain i would imagine being a possible outcome.

I would really like for you to bring your own ideas to the table on all of these subjects aswell, so it can maybe become a really legendary quest chain it has to be.

=====================================================================================

First, lets think about a weapon that could possible be a weapon from the lore that would be fit for this quest chain. For me that would have to be the "Doomhammer" (Horde) and the "Great Royal Sword" (Alliance). 2 weapons that have been used in the Second War, which was between the orcs and humans (again) and therefore make excellent PvP weapons.
    Of course the original weapons cant be used as a legendary, since Thrall now wields Doomhammer, and Great Royal Sword was broken by Orgrim Doomhammer at the end of the Second War. Orgrim was then still wielding Doomhammer, so these 2 weapons being each others counterparts would make for a great story in quest lines.
    Since we cant use the original weapons, well have to forge a weapon made out of part of the original. We can do that.. Doomhammer had his original hilt replaced and since GRS was broken, there must be shattered fragments of it. This also allows for creation of various kinds of weapons with the same materials. the hilt can used to form a dagger or a massive staff, the shattered pieces can be used in a great 2 handed axe, or in a tiny sword or crossbow.

OK, so now we got a end result... but how to get there.. the quest chain must be PvP orientated.
    PvP has a few ways of obtaining items: Marks, Arena Points, Honor, Enemy corpse loot and maybe even VoA could be considered PvP..
    Since it has to be legendary, it would of course be most fitting to use all these forms.

And Blackrock Mountain, that is a epic place, so rich on lore and so left for dead atm. Blackrock Mountain would have to return in this quest line. It is where the Doomhammer was created and where the Great Royal Sword got shattered in combat.

How will the quest have to start, should it start after a player finds a item that starts the quest, or should it start with a quest given by a NPC.. if its a drop, how rare should it be? If its a NPC given quest, how "expensive" should it be, so not everyone can just go for easy legendary?

So, small recap: use PvP loot/currency and have some Blackrock Mountain lore in it..
    Lets put that into a example:

=====================================================================================

- In Stormwind(A) and Orgrimmar(H) there will be a quest giver, he tells you of a story about a legendary weapon thats been lost in time and of the possibility that it might be reforged.
    - To do research on this story the players will have to question NPC all across azeroth, mainly inside BGs and near its entrances. But for the horde players, Thrall should be one of the questioned persons and for the Alliance, Turalyon should finally get a model ingame, so you can question him for this quest. (please help create a detailed quest line)
    - During this research the NPC often do not give you information for free. you will either have to win a certain amount of matches for them, or return 3 flags in 1 match for example.
    - After this long time of questioning you start to realise that this weapon could grant you great powers and you start to collect all the parts required to forge such a weapon.
    - The NPC you questioned in AV had told you that there was only 1 flux that would be powerfull enough to forge such a weapon, it can only be obtained from a single vendor, for 50 AV marks (or any other bg)
    - The NPC you questioned in WSG had told you that only 1 blacksmith had the knowledge to forge this weapon, he was however already deceased.. to resurrect him you would have to get a NPC to help you, this NPC wants 50 WSG marks for his services.
    - In this way every BG could have its own quest.
    - After gathering all the mats and information you need on how to forge it, you will have to start your search for the lost pieces of the weapons.
    - This leads you to Blackrock Mountain, and it is mentioned before that there are scavenger troggs that live in and around the mountains. They might have picked up a few item after the Second War.
    - When you finally find this Trogg hidden inside Blackrock Spire (this place is huge and can easy have a secret room), its doesnt just wanna give you the item your looking for.
    - There is a item he would trade it for however, but he has only dreamed and heard of it. A item so amazing that he could look at it for days. A item that combines the 4 elements into a single artifact.
    - The pieces that form this artifact can be found in VoA.
    - After giving the trogg its artifact you get to take home the lost hilt / shattered pieces of the original weapons.
    - The forging can begin, all items have gathered. Head to the Black Anvil inside Blackrock Depths and forge this weapon of legendary powers
    - But, whats this.. the weapon aint as legendary has people claimed, its epic though...
    - The Blacksmith explains: a weapon can only become legendary when its been wielded by its master in battle, feed it with blood.
    - The player now has to buy a item from a Arena vendor, [Blood Collector], which requires a 1500 arena rating. with this item in your bags you can start feeding your weapon.
    - After 1000 PvP kills the weapon will turn into a legendary.

If this idea gets really though out, it could maybe make it to blue posts and to a ingame weapon/questchain.
    So please give your feedback and think with us on this idea

10+ Year Old Account

Re: [Quest] Legendary PvP Weapon Quest Chain

Good idea, but, a Legendary PVP weapon? I don't know. It's already a pain in the ass to get a decent PVP weapon if you don't do arenas regularly (especially if your Win:Loss ratio is low), but to have to go through a ridiculously long, expensive and difficult quest chain for a PVP weapon...yeah, I don't know. Maybe if it had some decent PVE stats.

Again, though, really good idea.

The problem with a legendary PVP weapon is it couldn't really be legendary OR it would have to be a quest chain easily accessible.

They need to keep a balanced playing field or else the only way to win arenas would be to go do the epic chain.

Far to easy quest for a legendary weapon imo. I think atleast 100 marks from each BG are needed and te rating should be around 2k. It is a legendary weapon not a epic one.

Deleted

So, basicially you'll have to:
    -grind couple of BG-achievements
    -return couple of marks
    -afk in VoA
    -afk in arena to get 1500
    -afk some more in BG to gain couple of kills

Legendary is the last thing melee needs in PvP. I mean, aren't they hitting hard enough already or what? Same goes for casters. Besides, making so easily obtainable legendary would be plain stupid and cause it to feel everything but legendary. We already have PvP-weapons, one you get with 1800 and one with 2200, there is no need for a legendary that would be even easier to obtain than the already easy 1800-one.

Better idea:
    Once you obtain the Battlemaster and Of the <Faction> titles, the Battlemasters in the city open up this legendary quest chain that has you kill all 5 city leaders and get another 5K killing blows (or be healing someone who is dealing killing blows if a healer?) and once completed, you get to use both titles and you get legendary weapon of choice.

Battlemaster Defftnitez of the Alliance has a nice ring to it, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The purpose of PVP is to not do quests.

Get your team rating to 2200+ in 3vs3 or 5vs5 and you can buy a weapon that is item level 271 (season 8)
    skott#1374 - add me to expand your b.net friends list of reliable players for raiding/arena.

Video if myself raid healing, raid dps, and raid tanking:

http://goo.gl/wNZeS5

Legendaries wouldn't be legendary if everyone had them.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Legendaries wouldn't be legendary if everyone had them.
    Cause everyone knows PvE is harder than PvP.

Honestly, I don't PvP seriously but I like the idea - But only if Shadowmourne and Valanyr get a -1000 resilience penalty now that you have your own legendary =P

15+ Year Old Account

OMG this is an essay

Quote Originally Posted by Thrakin
    Cause everyone knows PvE is harder than PvP.
    The op suggested a legendary that you would be able to obtain for grinding a few bgs, getting an arena team to 1500 and doing voa. Thats pretty damn easy.

If what had been suggested was more along the lines of the top 0.1% teams on every bg getting something slightly worse than the next seasons t2 weapons then that would be far more reasonable.

I agree about shadowmourne though, that's enough better than anything else in the game that it shouldn't be useable in arena.

Deleted

ofcourse the level of diffeculty is easy adjustable by changing some of the requirements. 1500 rating can easy be 2200,, 50 bg marks can easy be 100.. 1000 kills can be 2000 - 5000 - zillion kills to turn it from epic to legendary

and just to remind you,, this is in some way simulair to shadowmourne, which also need 1000 souls, 25 (buyable even) items.. 3 100% drops and a grind part...

thats also why i added to arena rating to the final part of the q chain, epic for non-2200 legendary for active 2200+ pvpers

Everyone doing top bracket pvp will be wielding this weapon, otherwise it'll be too unbalanced.
    Now, how is that Legendary?

TLDR

PvP legendary is wrong in so many ways, it won't happen.

10+ Year Old Account

As much as I love lore items, this wouldn't work.
    Im not going to go into it, all I can say is that it would cause way to much imbalance and
    general QQ.

What a wonderful idea. The Ashbringer, a legendary PvP Weapon.

/sarcasm off

No. PvP is the minority in WoW, it also has no lore to it, why give it a lore filled Legendary Weapon? Why would you even get a Legendary Weapon for killing a bunch of people in a sandbox?