Thread: New Loot System

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: New Loot System

No I didn't, when I hit post it told me I had timed out so I hit it again and it posted. So it never told me there was new posts.

Edit:

How will you handle Trophys for Tier gear?

The same way or are you going to make sure they all have a Tier piece 1st and just /roll for all your raider ranks that can use it?

This website has been really screwy all day. The post I made before yours I posted about 4 hours ago. But even I can't see it half the time. Every time I click on something on the forums, I get logged out of the website so I have to log in again and by the time I get to the thread I want to post on, it logs me out again. I don't know what is going on.

Anyway, to clarify what I said just a little more, if I combine level 200-232 and consider them the same thing, then there is no reason why someone should not farm emblems and get all their 232 gear. Now, there may be a few people who decide to try and cheat the system and stop their farming at the 232 gear. They can get enough emblems to get 245 shoulders, head, and trinket (although its usefulness is questionable, I don't even want it on my characters) and they can also farm enough mats to get a 245 bracer and chest made for them.

So yes, someone could decide to stop at the minimum of 232 and use that to beat people on those 5 slots but my guild still runs ToC 25 every week and people are loading up on 245's anyway. Also, I believe most people will upgrade to 245 given the opportunity.

The other situation I could see messing this up is if a Raider is in ICC 10 on Tuesday and a 251 item drops for them but they know a boss has a chance to drop an upgrade in ICC 25, they may refuse to take the upgrade and it will end up getting DE'd or something rather than upgrading them. But, my people also know that you should take an upgrade when you can because the loot gods could be mad at you and your other upgrade will never drop so you will be stuck with the low item forever.

10+ Year Old Account

I always kinda used common sense, but this only works if the Officers are people with fair judgment.

(When i say roll, it's not an actual roll but only the ability to take the item.)

Trial: If the trial is only on their first few days (this will depend, like 2-4 days), they will only get to roll if no1 else wants it.
    If the officer in charge knows that trial is probably not going to stay in the guild, he won't roll at all untill a change is seen on his playing/attitude/whatever the problem was.
    If the officer knows that trial will probably stay in the guild, he might get to roll with the big boys if the upgrade for him is huge and for the Raider/Casual is nothing much.

Alt: Alt's never raid on the main raid group unless we really need some class X and there are none online (which was rare).
    If the alt is in the raid it will roll only if no1 else wants it.

Casual: Casuals... well, are casuals... we only take them on the main raid group if it's actually their intension to become raiders, if not, they can raid on the secondary group (most probably on a lower tier raid than the main group).
    If they are on the main group (intending to be raiders), they will most likely roll with the raiders and even get the item if the upgrade is huge compared to the raider in question.

Raiders: Always on main group, can't raid on secondary group unless they (for some reason) wont raid on the main group during that lockout.
    Will roll above all others, first for main specc, for secondary specc only if no1 wants for main specc, if more than one wants for main specc, the one that will benefit the most from the upgrade will get it, but it will be less likely for that guy to get it if he already got an item that day.

These are the basics.... as i said before, this only works with Officers that are fair, that are knowledgeable of the class's mechanics and players in question. This wont work in Guilds where officers benefit "friends&family" first and are only really knowledgeable of their own class.

This is not a good sytem imo, as you are rewarding people for not raiding same as you are for raiding. The less you raid the bigger the increment between upgrades you will have and the more points you will be awarded. So in essence you are rewarding people for not raiding. Say i raid Naxx with everyone and then skip Uld and ToC then come back for ICC, im gonna win all the loot due to the upgrade portion of the loot system. People that come and go should not have anywhere near the same right to loot as people who grind out the progression week in and week out, and to think otherwise is foolish.

If you devalue this portion of the system it will simply become like other point based systems where those that show up more often win loot most of the time, which quite frankly is the way it should be.

EPGP is your best bet, it cant be manipulated as easily as DKP and you can award points to people for extra activities such as consumable donations. Its only drawback was that it was math heavy, but add-ons do all the work for you now anyway.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ebontail
    (...)
    Say i raid Naxx with everyone and then skip Uld and ToC then come back for ICC, im gonna win all the loot due to the upgrade portion of the loot system. People that come and go should not have anywhere near the same right to loot as people who grind out the progression week in and week out, and to think otherwise is foolish.
    (...)
    I'm not sure if this was for me, if it was...

You are not going to get all the loot due to the upgrade portion, that's where the "fair officers" come in..... if you're just doing that come&go situation you'll be considered one of the "not-going-for-raider" casual obviously... so, you won't even have the possibility to raid with the group with the higher upgrades.