Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Heroic Dungeons Nerfs. Lets "nerf" the right thing?

I may be opinionated and bias'd but. This is just getting ridiculous and out of control. I do like the random bag from Oculus though I wont knock that.

My question is, some things they're changing didn't really need to be. What about things that could be?

I know they're attempting to try to make a skip cut scene in CoS. What about a skippable option for the event boss in Halls of stone? I know the other 2 bosses are skippable but, the one that actually makes me say lolkbrbfor20minutes is mandatory. It makes my head hurt. And I tend to leave the group if Halls of Stone is my random. Confirm/Deny agree?

I don't try to understand the logic behind Blizzards changes anymore. Edit: Why not nerf something useful rather then something useless.

This is my qq thread and I will qq here.

PS. lolconflagbuffafternerfjusttogetnerfedagain

the end.

~*Mixxy*~ ~*Holy Paladin*~ ~*32/5/4*~

Re: Heroic Dungeons Nerfs. Lets "nerf" the right thing?

They are changing the longer instances to make them quicker. People in the dungeon finder keep bailing because they would rather so Gunkdrak or Azjol. Halls of Stone you can skip straight to the waves of enemys then the last boss. People don't need gear anymore they want badges and to get in and get out. I would rather get 2 extra badges for completing a random in 10-12 minutes then spend over 30 for 2 more.

I am not sure why some of these bosses that they changed were % health based instead of time based. If they made them time based, the higher geared toon could burn through them fast, but if you had an ungeared grp it would be like it was when we ran them a year ago. The time based dispersion, ascention etc makes much more sense.
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account

it still doesn't make the wave boss less drawn out and annoying. 9 waves doesn't seem like a lot but, <insert whine here>.

I suppose I'd prefer say the rock boss (where it's fun to watch melee die) be a mandatory vs 9 waves of slow npc.

"What about a skippable option for the event boss in Halls of stone? I know the other 2 bosses are skippable but, the one that actually makes me say lolkbrbfor20minutes is mandatory. It makes my head hurt."

What is this? They let you skip half the instance and still complete it, only taking like 10 minutes, and you still complain because it's a slight pain in the ass? It'd take less time to do the thing than to wait out the dungeon timer and find a new group after and you'd get oh-so-valuable badges in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rìckykrudd View Post
    I've always played the warrior class on every game that has had the option. There's just something visceral about the playstyle. No running/kiting. No hiding/stealth. Just "I'm gonna get in your shit and wreck you".

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Potato
    "What about a skippable option for the event boss in Halls of stone? I know the other 2 bosses are skippable but, the one that actually makes me say lolkbrbfor20minutes is mandatory. It makes my head hurt."

What is this? They let you skip half the instance and still complete it, only taking like 10 minutes, and you still complain because it's a slight pain in the ass? It'd take less time to do the thing than to wait out the dungeon timer and find a new group after and you'd get oh-so-valuable badges in the process.
    Read further down at my second post. Clearly I understand the other bosses are able to be skipped.

Edit : Question in theory, why nerf things that aren't annoying and a pain in the butt and why not rid of things that are?

Quote Originally Posted by Astropop
    Read further down at my second post. Clearly I understand the other bosses are able to be skipped.

Edit : Question in theory, why nerf things that aren't annoying and a pain in the butt and why not rid of things that are?
    If they let you skip the Tribunal, you would walk into HoS, take a left, and finish the instance in about 2 minutes. That's just stupid. AK is annoying because it does take a bit longer than most instances and the bosses are rather tedious with their invulnerability periods, especially with bad DPS who are to retarded to kill the guardians. In comparison, HoS seems fine to me. But maybe I'm just not enough of an elitist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rìckykrudd View Post
    I've always played the warrior class on every game that has had the option. There's just something visceral about the playstyle. No running/kiting. No hiding/stealth. Just "I'm gonna get in your shit and wreck you".

Heroic Dungeons Nerfs. Lets "nerf" the right thing?
    Like, nerf people's ability to QQ or something?...

On a more serious note... nerfing is an integral and unavoidable part of any multiplayer game. And even though it's lamentable that the game is actually indeed being dumbed down, it is also part of the whole lifecycle of WoW.

I suppose I'd prefer say the rock boss (where it's fun to watch melee die) be a mandatory vs 9 waves of slow npc.
    LOL I love the rock boss, and always do it. I can't tell you how many times I have solo'd it after everyone blows up, put on Seal of light and judge light. It takes awhile, but for some reason it never gets old. Just like the WW in HoL, melee always die and I chuckle.
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account

Isn't Jadoga Shadowseeker from AK OK an optional boss? Correct me if I'm wrong. With AK OK you can essentially do 2 bosses and you're done.

It's true HoS would potentially only take 2 minutes but, surely if they switched which bosses were mandatory it could possibly make it "longer" in the "short run"? no puns intended at all.

On a more serious note... nerfing is an integral and unavoidable part of any multiplayer game. And even though it's lamentable that the game is actually indeed being dumbed down, it is also part of the whole lifecycle of WoW.
    A lot of their "nerfs" persay are based off of QQ threads to begin with. Catering to the people who need their QQ nerfed. Amiright.

Opinionated opinions are opinionated

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer
    I am not sure why some of these bosses that they changed were % health based instead of time based. If they made them time based, the higher geared toon could burn through them fast, but if you had an ungeared grp it would be like it was when we ran them a year ago. The time based dispersion, ascention etc makes much more sense.
    I agree a time based mechanic would be better for the higher geared but it could also be horrible for the fresh greens and blue geared people. Everyone doing say 800-1000 DPS(I know horrible but I've seen it) and Dispersion on a say 45-60 second timer could mean a very long and annoying boss.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

A lot of their "nerfs" persay are based off of QQ threads to begin with. Catering to the people who need their QQ nerfed.
    I never said anything about where nerfs originate. It's obvious they largely come from the people actually playing the game. I'm just saying... you can't change 100% of the gamer community. As such, you cannot expect nerfing to ever disappear. It simply is part of the whole lifecycle of an MMO. Just look at past MMO's... they all had similar lifecycles. As such, you can actually make a rough estimate of when WoW will lose its momentum and start its decline. But, that's a separate discussion.

10+ Year Old Account

you mean like potentially right now ;P

HoS isn't bad. I would like them to either remove a little trash on the rock guy or at least make it a little easier to pull multiple packs at a time.

As far as the bran event the only change I would like to see is maybe tone down the fire a little bit. It seems to move along fast enough even with a good group that you aren't sitting and waiting forever anyway.

10+ Year Old Account

maybe tone down the fire a little bit
    because of graphical issues or because of people not moving out of it

I don't try to understand the logic behind Blizzards changes anymore, maybe it's because I played in BC when you actually had to work for your gear and reputation before stepping into a heroic, and the heroics actually had some strategized bosses that weren't just zergable (Slabs anyone?)
    Early BC? Sure. Late BC, heroics were as faceroll as they are now in late WotLK because everyone outgears them by at least three tiers of gear. All they did was make them less annoying for already geared players to farm them. If you want challenging content, you shouldn't be doing 5 mans. End of story.

But yeah, I agree with the general statement. Tribunal's annoying.
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

I totally agree with what OP said about HoS waves "boss". I actually fell asleep yesterday while tanking the waves in HoS, but luckily i woke up a few seconds later, and the group wernt total retards so we didnt wipe (I was kinda tired anyway, but i normally manage to stay awake if im doing something)

The funny thing is the most annoying boss to me was the vampire disapearign all the time!
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

I don't try to understand the logic behind Blizzards changes anymore, maybe it's because I played in BC when you actually had to work for your gear and reputation before stepping into a heroic, and the heroics actually had some strategized bosses that weren't just zergable (Slabs anyone?)
    It's been a year. You now outgear heroics by 4 (Naxx, Uld, ToC, ICC) tiers of content. You think Slabs was any sort of challenge for a BT/Sunwell geared group?

Challenging wotlk heroics belong in 2008. In 2010 it doesn't matter a bit what they nerf or do not. Whining about this is akin to whining that UBRS isn't hard any more.

10+ Year Old Account

Troll to be trolled.

It was a statement about how it use to be, not a whine, since that's not what this thread is about.

I'm not complaining about the difficulty level, I'd just stated that as a point of view from where I'm coming from. There were nerfs then sure, but not to this extreme. And yes high level BC gear made everything a breeze but did that make people still run it because it was loleasy? They still dreaded it. They still didn't run it.

The point I'm trying to get across if that a lot of these nerfs are particularily not necessary, aka nerfing the wrong things.

A lot of people talk about nostalgia but scenario: They tune BC heroics to level 80 increase health and difficulty. Half the people who play wouldn't be able to run them and they would just get nerfed anyways.

Nerfing as it seems is inevitable, but the logic behind the nerfs is becoming the thought in question. If you're going to nerf something nerf something useful.

Better yet, Editing post to remove my comment about the BC thing since the trolls can't even comprehend the simple concept of the original thread post.

How many times can someone say nerf in one post? mmm.