Dotting up Boss Adds

What's your threshold for fully dotting up an add during a boss fight (ie. SWP/DP/VT all that shebang)? Normally I go by if an add will die in less than 10s I just SWP/MB/MF it up, otherwise I consider fully dotting it up. What do you guys find to be the most effective? Also, what do you do when multiple adds are up, but are not close enough to be MSed? Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Re: Dotting up Boss Adds

My threshold is at the point where I beat the warlocks on the damage meter.

Everybody know the game's about recount e-peen!

Well for 1 thing, you shouldn't be using DP on adds i you can keep it on the boss.

Always use VT over SW:P on mobs that don't stay alive long enough to need to refresh dots. It's the most DPS you'll get out of 1 cast. This is assuming you have 2P T9 bonus for extra VT ticks (and you should with 3.3.)

Generally, I just put VT up on all the adds and continue the dot/DPS on the boss (Saurfang), for fewer taget or for adds that live longer (e.g. Lady Death) I usually VT+SW:P.

Multidotting is heaven!
    VT is your strongest dot, screw SWP, use VT instead. It scales with haste and hits/crits for much more. Every time you can afford dotting more than 1 target do it.
    Scattered adds? Perfect for VT on each on them!
    Aoeing mobs that you are sure wont die in next ~20secs, VT all then MS spam.
    Axe throwers on Gunship battle? Blood Beasts on Saurfang? Fanatics on Lady Deathwhisper? SPAM THAT VT button!
    VT is gold, use it all the time!
    Good example of multidotting are Acidmaw/Dreadscale, bad example of multidotting are Iron Council, when you know your dmg benefits nothing but recount epeenmeter and doesn't help raid in any way.

Remember those 2 letters ...
    Vampiric Touch.... Halleluyah brothas!
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael
    bad example of multidotting are Iron Council
    fk i just dot them anyway, what matters is recount isnt that right!?

Multidotting is heaven!
    <post making love to VT>
    Haste doesn't make VT stronger, it makes it faster.
    Therefor on a fight like Anub or Gunship or Deathwhisper (maybe) where you put VT on adds and VT runs out before the mob dies crit is favourable.
    This will be much more noticeable once we drop our t9 2set.

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    bad example of multidotting are Iron Council
    fk i just dot them anyway, what matters is recount isnt that right!?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Strykie
    This will be much more noticeable once we drop our t9 2set.
    I already loathe that day.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Multi-Dotting can be quite effective. 2 pc T9 makes it a bit easier to keep track of dots but if u are dotting more than 4 adds you will run into the problem of barely meeting the pre-cast of VT or getting that 1 tick of MF in to refresh SWP. Fights like H Anub 25 Dotting the boss, then DoT the adds when they come, refresh DoTS on boss and mind sear with mind sear glyphed instead of dispersion or mind flay. But overall dropping T9 isn't so bad. I dropped it a while ago when i made the ICC pants. VT runs about 13s for me now without the tier bonus. But once you really know a SPriest then you know exactly when to refresh dots without missing a gcd to figure out where.

Yes but as stated Before

VT everything u can. hit boss first then VT all add u can METERS whatever, meters are for lil girls that done know how to dot and run..

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    My threshold is at the point where I beat the warlocks on the damage meter.

Everybody know the game's about recount e-peen!
    QFT

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Multi-Dot if adds will live a while and there aren't many adds. Mind Sear exceeds VT DPET quickly when more targets are added.

Good luck beating Locks though, their multi-dotting is almost as strong and if you're dealing with 3 or more targets you're suddenly dealing with SoC instead and nothing in game can really keep up with it until there are a massive amount of adds involved (at which point Rogues and DKs win).