I raid with a Destro Lock, is it worth a GCD dropping Searing/Magma?

I recently started raiding with a new guild, and they slot a Destro Lock for the buff. Now, when i'm not using Fire Ele, should I be dropping searing totem? How about Magma totem?

From what I can tell, searing is much less mana, but I'm not sure on the DPS/scaling on each totem. Any tips or suggestions are welcome.

Re: I raid with a Destro Lock, is it worth a GCD dropping Searing/Magma?

So how does the destro lock come to play in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet
    How does him being Destro stop you from dropping Totem of Wrath? Did you mean Demo?

And unless you have a Mut Rogue/Ret Paladin you should still drop it for 3% crit.
    Arcane mage, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac
    So how does the destro lock come to play in this thread?
    Presumably an elemental shaman who no longer needs to drop ToW.

Off hand I believe is a dps improvement to drop Searing totem or Magma totem as long as you can reasonably do so given the fight mechanics. Magma totem does better dps base but searing scales better with spell dmg. If you have to do a lot of running in and out to drop the totems then it's probably going to be a dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    Arcane mage, as well.
    nope, arcane mage have the +3% dmg buff (shared with ret and beast hunterz)

And yes you should use searing + elem
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

It mainly matters about the spec. From what i can tell you're enhance due to not using ftt or tow. Magma will give you more dps then searing, magma the aoe is hot and add that new fire nova into your rotation every 10 secs, and refreshing magma every 20. Keep it rolling. If you haven't been really dropping fire totems besides fire ele... well then you may have more issues then you think. If you actually come upon these, please post again and I'll use my shamanistic knowledge to help you to the best of my abilities. IF YOU ARE ELE DISREGARD THIS POST. As you may tell it just says class-shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by evan_s
    Presumably an elemental shaman who no longer needs to drop ToW.
    The only buffs that destro locks have are for themselves and Replinishment.

However, Demonology locks have the demonic pack buff with gives everyone amount of spell power equal to 10% of the locks current sp when your demon crits. Demo locks generally have a high amount of SP compared to the other 2 specs so I'm gonna make up an imaginary number and say when the buff procs they give out 400 sp to everyone. But since your pets crit is generally lower than yours there is no guarantee that it'll always be up it's a loss of dps in 10 man last time I looked at numbers. In 25 man if you have 2 ele shamans in your raid it would probably be best to keep 1 ToW in range for your range for when DP is not up.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac
    The only buffs that destro locks have are for themselves and Replinishment.

However, Demonology locks have the demonic pack buff with gives everyone amount of spell power equal to 10% of the locks current sp when your demon crits. Demo locks generally have a high amount of SP compared to the other 2 specs so I'm gonna make up an imaginary number and say when the buff procs they give out 400 sp to everyone. But since your pets crit is generally lower than yours there is no guarantee that it'll always be up it's a loss of dps in 10 man last time I looked at numbers. In 25 man if you have 2 ele shamans in your raid it would probably be best to keep 1 ToW in range for your range for when DP is not up.
    I'm well aware of what buffs a destro lock might have as I play a destro/demo lock for my alt. I ASSUMED the OP just said the wrong lock spec because that is the only way the question makes sense.

A resto shaman isn't going to be worried about a dps totem and enhancement shaman already default to dropping magma totem in most cases.

ToW does have 100% uptime as long as you aren't moving. DP doesn't have a 100% up time but does add more spell power and has unlimited range so can be better on very spread out or high movement fights. Exact up time varies because your pet will benefit from debuffs on boss, some scaling with the locks crit rating and even adds being in range of cleave.

Assuming you mean Demo, use magma if you happen to be near the boss for whatever reason, like icehowl charging at you. If not, use searing.

and NEVER use fire nova for single target, as it is a dps loss.