Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtrans View Post
    ICC was released in december, half an year ago is what? January? You fail to see the point where it was wrong at that time, it is wrong. Atleast reading some posts here made me laugh. I hope in cataclysm things get hard enough to not see 99% of you playing a paladin.
    It was written in January, about the time that PLAGUE WING came out. Back then, 38k mana UNBUFFED was still quite good.
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie View Post
    Maybe people just don't usually read the date something was posted on? It's not uncommon for recently-used threads to also be recently-made. It's not a terribly difficult concept..
    I agree, I usually don't read the date the OP was posted either. But for the love of god, it has been said a million times in the most recent posts.

That's the whole issue: I just don't see it being worth it. It's such a minor upgrade that it's absolutely not worth having to deal with 24 morons every week until I see it dropping, and even then it's not guaranteed I'd get it.
    Make a raid and reserve it. Yes, it's an asshole move, but come on it's ToC - no one cares.

SoL is a bad choice for glyph, especially if you're doing ICC heroics nowadays. First of all, the less time you use doing Divine Plea the more you can heal and as such it's just a good thing (TM) to have lots of mana to burn. Secondly, SoW gives you mana when you hit something and there's plenty of fights where you can go whacking the boss while also healing. This AGAIN lessens the need to use Divine Plea. Third, atleast I am already doing huge amounts of overhealing with the 30% buff. 5% more healing would just be 5% more overhealing and that benefits no one.
    Yes, that's also what the person you quoted was saying. He was replying to the troll who posted before him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith View Post
    Question for you guys
    With paladins having 2000+ Intellect before Kings+Brilliance, wouldn't
    Ember Skyflare Diamond
    +25 Spell Power and +2% Intellect
    and then having to gem 2x Spellpower+Intellect
    be better than Insightful Earthsiege Diamond
    +21 Intellect and Chance to restore mana on spellcast ?

we'll be looking at 21int+mp5 VS 25sp+close to 50 intellect
    You fail to grasp the power of +600 mana every few seconds (which is really what Earthsiege is). Also, spell power is rather pointless because you get enough of it. Stacking more of it just increases your over healing.

Maybe people just don't usually read the date something was posted on? It's not uncommon for recently-used threads to also be recently-made. It's not a terribly difficult concept..
    Maybe people who don't read the dates should at least consider the point being made by a post and not the semantics of it. Maybe people who read something that's obviously wrong should think to themselves, "Hmm... I wonder what's going on here?" Maybe people should read just a tiny bit deeper into a thread than just the OP. Maybe if people read any of the last few posts or any of the first few posts, the timing of this thread would be obvious.

Maybe it wouldn't hurt if people put some thought into their posts instead of just blindly going off half cocked.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2010-07-26 at 01:46 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

I love this thread! =) Nothing like seeing a holy paladin with random sp gems and 264 libram with a crit spec apply to your guild...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    I love this thread! =) Nothing like seeing a holy paladin with random sp gems and 264 libram with a crit spec apply to your guild...
    I don't really like people mocking others for not knowing everything. Holy paladins have lots of talents that improve crit or work off crits and as such it's quite easy to believe that crit is a very important stat. Especially if the person playing hasn't played any other RPGs of similar depth.

A whole lot more constructive way of handling such people would be to just kindly decline, give them a few good links to read through and offer to review them again when they've gotten enough experience of the class and its mechanics.

SoL is a bad choice for glyph, especially if you're doing ICC heroics nowadays. First of all, the less time you use doing Divine Plea the more you can heal and as such it's just a good thing (TM) to have lots of mana to burn. Secondly, SoW gives you mana when you hit something and there's plenty of fights where you can go whacking the boss while also healing. This AGAIN lessens the need to use Divine Plea. Third, atleast I am already doing huge amounts of overhealing with the 30% buff. 5% more healing would just be 5% more overhealing and that benefits no one.
    Read my italics.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

It's funny to see how people saying "OMG INT gives best regen" fail to realize you don't always have replenishment in your 10man. And INT is only best stat for mp5 if you have rep up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss View Post
    RNG is RNG. I run TOC and TOGC every week and I still don't have my solace. Today I finally saw one drop, but I didn't win the roll.
    ^ this + GG on this post

---------- Post added 2010-08-08 at 11:53 AM ----------

I don't really like people mocking others for not knowing everything. Holy paladins have lots of talents that improve crit or work off crits and as such it's quite easy to believe that crit is a very important stat. Especially if the person playing hasn't played any other RPGs of similar depth.

A whole lot more constructive way of handling such people would be to just kindly decline, give them a few good links to read through and offer to review them again when they've gotten enough experience of the class and its mechanics.
    As far as i know 90% of the ppl in wow are aware wich are the top guilds etc.. if they really havent heard of EJ or mmo champ they can fucking look at those ppl armory to see the good spec

A holydin speced with even 1 point in ret has brain problems..
    Last edited by mmoc723482b54a; 2010-08-08 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendy View Post
    A holydin speced with even 1 point in ret has brain problems..
    No dude. Up to 3 points in ret is often taken unless you need Imp BoW, Conc Aura, Imp. HoJ or Imp Devotion aura.
    I used to roll with 2 points in ret and maxed out Imp. BoW until we started progression on LK, then I swapped 2 points in ret for Imp. HoJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Daonar View Post
    It's funny to see how people saying "OMG INT gives best regen" fail to realize you don't always have replenishment in your 10man. And INT is only best stat for mp5 if you have rep up.
    What kind of fail 10-man runs without replenishment? Certainly no 10-man that is attempting any kind of fight that they don't crazily out gear. Replen in any group should be as much a given as the Tank.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post

8) Librams. You're totally wrong. Holy paladin uses libram that is most suitable. You use Renewal normally. You use +160 sp to HL one (conquest badges, easy buy) on fights where you KNOW you won't need extra mana, and/or you want extra HPS (Dreamwalker etc). Other librams are bad. The one you linked, 234 SP for 15 seconds 25% uptime, tends to be generally worse than 100% uptime for +160 HL sp. Unless you're using FoL heavily - which, from your suggestions, you DO NOT use, as you command stacking int.

FoL = Pvp Libram
    HL = Renewal for HM Dreamwalker because you may lose mana in HM Dreamwalker due to fail DPS, its not meant to happen but it is entirely possible. Veracity give +160 SP, yes this would be good for Dreamwalker and SoL glyph but that is usually one gimmick fight, the rest renewal is better as it gives more thoughput and helps balance regenration, note that this is also founded from the theory that you need to balance throughput with regeneration.
    the ilvl 245 Libram is actually really good on Dreamwalker, since it got a high procc chance, the cooldown dosent matter, it is always gonna procc out of your fist cast anyway. Have a nice uptime untill u need to enter a portal again, and then procc again on the first HL when u go back on it.

And really, u got manaproblems on Dreamwalker HC? either u do it, or u wipe coz someone loose the stacks or the raid does a big fuckup, but not coz u go OOM!! Learning how to manage your mana is the first lesson a paladin should learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyros View Post
    the ilvl 245 Libram is actually really good on Dreamwalker, since it got a high procc chance, the cooldown dosent matter, it is always gonna procc out of your fist cast anyway. Have a nice uptime untill u need to enter a portal again, and then procc again on the first HL when u go back on it.

And really, u got manaproblems on Dreamwalker HC? either u do it, or u wipe coz someone loose the stacks or the raid does a big fuckup, but not coz u go OOM!! Learning how to manage your mana is the first lesson a paladin should learn!
    When we first started Dreamwalker, I was using Renewal due to fail dpsers that didn't interrupt, but after a few tries they got almost every interrupt, making renewal not needed. I normally still use Renwal though because Veracity is in my bank and I always forget to take it out. Doesn't really matter on such an easy fight anyway.