Idea for Cataclysm nuke spell.

So, while on my way to work today, I was just thinking about what the alleged nuke for Shadow would be called. The direct-damage abilities of Shadow currently all have "Mind" in them, so, for some reason "Mind Shatter" stuck in my head. And that got me brainstorming. A straight-forward damage spell is fairly boring. So, here's what I came up with, altering and modifying it a bit throughout the day. I'm not exactly a theorycrafter, either, so any numbers or %'s are merely placeholder.

Mind Shatter 3 Second cast(Reduced by 0.5 seconds by Improved Mind Blast talent, or some similar talent added in Cata)
    Shatters the targets mind, dealing X Shadow damage to the target.

Pretty straightforward, but I was also thinking of adding this to Mind Blast: "In addition, causes the targets mind to weaken for 5 seconds," which adds the Fragile Mind debuff to the target. Then I added this to Mind Shatter: "If the target is afflicted with Fragile Mind when hit by this ability, their mind shatters, increases damage taken by the Priests damage over time spells by 25% for 6 seconds."

I wanted to add this to allow synergy between all of our damage spells (with the exception of Mind Flay, which may still have it's uses on certain fights, but should be replaced by our new nuke anyway), and I wanted to make sure Mind Blast still saw some use. "Shattered Mind" would be entirely possible to have a 100% uptime, giving a nice damage increase from our DoTs. And the 25% damage increase would be another 'knob' for Blizzard to tune up and down as needed, to either buff or nerf our damage.

To recap, I'll post Mind Blast and Mind Shatter 'updated' tooltips.

Mind Blast Rank #
    17% base mana 30yd range
    1.5 second cast 8 second cooldown
    Blasts the target for X to Y Shadow damage. In addition, causes the targets mind to weaken for 5 seconds.

Mind Shatter Rank #
    14% base mana 30 yd range
    3 second cast
    Shatters the targets mind, dealing X to Y Shadow damage. If the target is afflicted with Fragile Mind when damaged by this ability, their mind shatters, increases damage taken by the Priests damage over time spells by 25% for 6 seconds.

Fairly long post, I know, but I have a problem with being descriptive and redundant. D:

Comments, criticism, and anything else welcome. <3

PS: Just looking for thoughts and ideas, wondering if it's decent enough to post on the WoW suggestion forums.

Re: Idea for Cataclysm nuke spell.

This would really make you a junior Destro Lock, wouldn't it?

25% bouns to dots? yeah, okay. that sounds like a great idea!
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

15+ Year Old Account

bad, bad, and bad.

stop making ideas, everyone's is usually bad, just let blizzard design the spell.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    bad, bad, and bad.

stop making ideas, everyone's is usually bad, just let blizzard design the spell.
    It would be funny if this guy was an actual Blizzard dev just testing out some ideas to the public in anonymity.

On the same note, say if paladins didn't have Divine Plea and somebody posted their idea for basically infinite mana as a holy paladin everybody would laugh it out claiming OP.

Quote Originally Posted by roflpot
    It would be funny if this guy was an actual Blizzard dev just testing out some ideas to the public in anonymity.

On the same note, say if paladins didn't have Divine Plea and somebody posted their idea for basically infinite mana as a holy paladin everybody would laugh it out claiming OP.
    What?! Thats what Divine Plea does?!

OP! Nerf it!

How about this

Mind Pillar -
    Causes a 5 yard circle of land you and your target are standing on to raise 70 yards into the air for 10 seconds.

Mostly a PvP spell, can be used to escape several attackers to focus on one for a short time. Also allowing a certain synergy with Mind Control, allowing for a massive amount of burst potential.

In all seriousness though, I think that adding a new baseline nuke that will just replace Mind Flay would be kind of silly.

I imagine that if we get a new Nuke for Shadow, it'll be a Burst damage spell. But something that isn't as good as Mind Flay for Sustained damage.

How about this for an Idea. (just basically throwing out the first thing that comes to mind, so it'll probably be bad)

(untitled)
    x% base mana cost
    Instant Cast, no cooldown.

Causes your Devouring Plague to instantly finish it's duration, causing damage equal to x% of the remaining duration of the disease on your target.

That mind pillar is the worst idea I've heard in a very long time, and I've poked my head in a lot of bad threads =S

Finishing DP's duration is interesting, but of course for one it'd need a cd, and secondly it would probably do a flat damage instead of a percentage, or that'd be crazy. It would make it a shadow Conflag of course, but hook it to another effect, like a real snare, and it would be workable.