Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: That's so champ, I just got OCC random, AND....

The dungeon is easy, and I love the drakes...but I think I'm gonna start dropping from it. Somebody's gotta keep the status quo, right? Right? No?
    Nyuthing!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Two of my guildmates got Occulus for their first random the other day, the same day they implemented the little loot bags. They both got the drakes in their bags, twas a good day for them.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zymry
    I stay .. because it's fast and relatively easy.

I still don't like it I HATE the Z axis. hated it when I was "swimming in the air for kaelthas, hate it now.
    The Z axis is actually depth, do you hate 3D games?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonic
    The Z axis is actually depth, do you hate 3D games?
    No, he hates acting like he knows what he's talking about.

As for leaving Occulus, you may be partially retarded for doing so, man 8 badges and free gems sure do suck!
    Originally Posted by notorious98
    That's not true. One time Al Bundy scored 4 touchdowns in a single game at Polk High. How does THAT not matter?

Man, i remember when that place required knowing the fights. Every single boss in there except the last one is a tank'n'spank now. I remember laughing when people couldnt make it out of the frost to get to a pillar when the mage boss did the teleport, as they died horribly. Now, nobody moves, everyone just eats it and waits for him to reappear for the final lick that kills him. They even stand in the frost nonchalantly while looting him with no fear of dying. Nerfing that place this badly was the equivalent of clubbing baby seals. It used to be awesome and a challenge.

Even the last boss is so close to a complete faceroll it is sad, what with faster drakes(orbs have no chance at all of catching you), less adds, and ppl having higher gear now and thus better damage/health drakes than ever before. I enjoy it for a change of pace, and riding drakes is fun. Heaven forbid you have to look up or down for mobs, mouse-look must be too much of a l33t skill nowadays to handle.

8 triumph(or 6 triumph+2 frost), 2-3 blue gems, chance at a blue drake. All for a 15 min faceroll instance. And people still bail. And they have to wait 15 min due to the debuff anyway. Such losers, theres simply nothing for it.

PS- If some of your people bail at the start, you can still clear the line of trash leading to the first portal without them, while waiting for their spots to be filled by the system. The first boss is a joke, too. You can easily 3man that, even in pugs, as long as you have either a healer or a tank stay. By then even the tank spot will have been filled, even on the worst battlegroups. (ive never had to wait more than 5 min for spots to fill, even if tank bails. Granted, if you stand there at the entrance impotently waiting, it certainly does feel like 15 min though. I think blizz has a little priority assigned to refilling abandoned slots over starting fresh groups. At least from my experience with the lfg system.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furkel
    Long story short, my voidwalker is borderline retarded.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by anathemaa
    clubbing baby seals. It used to be awesome and a challenge.
    Out of context, but suitable signature material nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachycardia
    Half these people probably leave simply because they keep reading about how others hate it so much. I was in a group where one of our dps left right off the bat too, friggin chomo.

None of the bosses have ever been hard and the drake portion is fun as shit...I seriously don't get why people hate it so much.

Oh dear god, I can't overgear the instance and there's an ever so slight chance I may have to put my magazine down for the last boss fight? F this game!
    /sarcasm (Just in case someone falls into the sarchasm)
    Even though now you actually can overgear the instance, ie. the drakes scaling with itemlvl.
    There's nothing bad about this dungeon anymore, even 5 amber drakes is kinda cake now since you have like 3 times the health you had back then...

Bad instance stays bad regardless of giant boosts it seems

I never leave a random no matter how much I hate it. And the little loot bag at the end means nothing to me. Don't need triumph emblems, don't need the drake, don't need rare gems. But either way I won't leave if I get it unless everybody else leaves. It's very easy now but I do understand how people hate it. I've grouped with quite a few people who for some reason can't figure out how to do the drakes in there. No matter how many times you go over it they just don't get it. Thats what makes it annoying. It's not fun to try to teach people how to do those drakes and then wipe anyway, it's just easier for them to leave group in the beginning. But again, to each his own. My most hated instance was always Old Kingdom from way back in t7/heroic gear when everytime I'd pug it we'd wipe constantly, I quit doing it altogether. It's nice and simple now and I don't mind it quite as much. So yeah, some of the occulus hate is I'm sure due to people having horrible experiences with it in the past and so they avoid it like the plague now.

Yesterday in OCC we wiped like 4 times at the end boss. I was tanking with the red dragon, green dragon wasn't healing, the 3 yellow dragons were probably overwhelmed by the 3 different buttons to press and did shitty damage. Everybody kept dying at 50% boss hp. Wtf is it so hard to press 2-3 buttons -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    Yesterday in OCC we wiped like 4 times at the end boss. I was tanking with the red dragon, green dragon wasn't healing, the 3 yellow dragons were probably overwhelmed by the 3 different buttons to press and did shitty damage. Everybody kept dying at 50% boss hp. Wtf is it so hard to press 2-3 buttons -.-
    Most people can't even play the characters that they spent 80 levels learning, how do you expect them to handle anything new?

OMG i got HoS today and guess what happened, 2 dps left, QQ , nerf please

I had the Oculus yesterday, people left, people whined.. But at least I got a blue drake now.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vorancy
    "That's so champ"

the fuck are you from south jersey?
    How relevant.

Hey.... stupid people.... LISTEN....

It's not because it's HARD/EASY/WHATEVER....

It's because it's a gimmicky Vehicle Fight. Every single one of those in this game is full of FAIL.

Ooooh, two bonus triumphs! As if I give a crap. I have hundreds. Keep the lame mount and give me two EXTRA Frosts and I'll think about it.

10+ Year Old Account

Two extra frost would just make raid-progressing people spent too much time in random hc queue, facerolling crap and eventually get bored of the nowdays retarded gearing-up progress and quit. It'd be the straw that broke all the hardcore-camels backs. I promise!

Never leave oculus myself though. It's easy and haven't ran into any bad pugs yet. Now when blue drake is a drop I in fact keep hoping for occulus when queueing for occulus.

Halls of Stone on the other hand... LEAVE! Boring packs everywhere and Branns stupid Zul'farrak-fight is where people without control or skill will get caught. Bet we'll see Mimiron's head drop from the end boss there soon :

Hello good sirs I see you are discussing the Oculus instance dungeon!! I daresay while I am a highly skilled and strong magician I dislike the fact that I must ride a dragon into battle, a common and normal fantasy element that has taken place throughout many fantastic novels! You see, while I am highly skilled and I assure you very powerful, I have a terrible dislike of giving up my incredible powers to ride around on a large talking winged lizard! There is no other reason for this disdain of a fast, easy instance, and it certainly has nothing to do with a learning disability or any other somesuch nonsense good sirs! No sirree! I can smash the Oculus a thousand times a day in a single minute but I get seasick riding that gosh darn winged thing!

But seriously, you fly around you cast spells you smash the last boss in a minute then you loot a bag with free gems. Easy instance easy mechanics anyone who claims otherwise is making excuses. No exceptions. You don't do the random heroic to "play your powerful nature wizard". You do the random heroic to get your two frost badges. I wouldn't complain if they made me do frogger for ten minutes then handed my me frost.

Can be done in ten minutes by good players? Check.
    Never once been unable to do the last boss in one shot in this patch cycle? Check.
    Tons of excuses from a community full of people with learning disabilities? Check.

The main reason I hated oculus when wrath was new, was not because it was a vehicle fight. Not even because of the bosses. It was because people couldn't stick together when on their drakes. Five people mount up, and each went off in a different direction aggroing everything in the sky, then dying. They'd come back, get lost, aggro some more things. Each and every time.

Now, though, it doesn't matter if they do that. The worst thing about the instance now is people dropping out all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark

I wouldn't complain if they made me do frogger for ten minutes then handed my me frost.
    Now there's an idea for a weekly raid. Make a few more rows of slimes, and the quest is to reach a chest at the start of Grobbulus's room without being summoned there.

Or qualify for 'The Safety Dance' for 10 frost emblems.

Quote Originally Posted by Alorix
    If they had actually put epic gems and not rare gems in the bags, more people would stay.
    indeed.

@ people saying "but it's ez"... it's not about it being easy... it's the fact that oculus blows as a dungeon because vehicles suck ass

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wries
    Two extra frost would just make raid-progressing people spent too much time in random hc queue, facerolling crap and eventually get bored of the nowdays retarded gearing-up progress and quit.
    It's already affected me, and I don't even raid anymore. I no longer feel I am being rewarded as much as I feel I'm being spoiled.
    So I can get gear fast, but why would I want T9 gear fast? I don't raid, and I could hardly be needing it to do these ridiculously easy heroics.

There's just no feeling of accomplishment anymore, everythings so easy to get outside of raiding it completely lacks any point.