Expertise Question

This is my armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...era&n=Adoremus

I have 19 expertise without, Rhinolicious Wormsteak, and with it I have 23 expertise, and since 26 is what I am aiming for I am wondering, should I dump Glyph of Hammer of the Righteous (using it since I am farming heroics) and get Glyph of Seal of Vengeance, stop using Rhinolicious Wormsteak (and obviously nab another tanking food) and remove my +10 expertise, +10 defense.

I just leveled this paladin, stopped playing my old one during Ulduar, and just wanted a tip.

Re: Expertise Question

get the glyph. you are actualy aiming for a hell of a lot more than 26 as a tank.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

26 is the min the max you want as tank is 30

Oh my bad, I was thinking it was 26.

For farming heroics* :
    • stats priority - expertise to 6% (i.e. 24 expertise) > hit to 6% physical (197 hit rating) > strength
    • weapons - QD, CotS > FGC > BI > BP (some reasonable upgrades for you; always look first for higher average dps, than try to get the slowest weapon); use accuracy (or the TWC you're already using, as a cheap alternative) if low on the hit rating, else use berserking (or mongoose as a cheap alternative)
    • trinkets&librams - DC > DMC:G (again some reasonable options, within your reach); always stick with that LoV
    • food&gems&enchants - refer to the stats priority above
    • glyphs&seals - be sure to use GoHotR, be sure to dispose of that ridiculous GoRD (it is utterly unnecessary for heroics); always use SoComm, except for the cases when the encounter is single target** (fall back to SoCorr in those odd cases)
    • build - a variation of the standard 53/18 (compared to your current build : drop DS/DG, put only one point in JotJ, put as many as you can afford to in Reckoning)

* disclaimer : these tips are not suited to raid tanking; as well, a certain gear level must be obtained before going all out on maximizing the dps output of your protection paladin
    ** even if the encounter is single target, the usage of SoCorr is not absolute; check your dps players in the group - if you think that the target is going to get smoked fast (less than 20-30 seconds), SoComm is again preferred

10+ Year Old Account

tlitd you should really not have reckoning in your build. as your gear gets better it gets worse & worse because you get hit less often, also not having another point in judgments of the just means that the boss (or whatever your tanking) will be doin that much more damage to you. There is also the fact you don't have vindication, it can be a lifesaver for reducing damage you take because all NPC's use attack power to determine how much damage they do.

otherwise your build is ok, but I'd suggest dropping the 4 points in reckoning to fill out judgments of the just, divine sacrifice & divine guardian then change the 2 points from conviction to vindication.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    tlitd you should really not have reckoning in your build. as your gear gets better it gets worse & worse because you get hit less often (...)
    Pull more mobs, problem solved. :]
    (..) also not having another point in judgments of the just means that the boss (or whatever your tanking) will be doin that much more damage to you. There is also the fact you don't have vindication, it can be a lifesaver for reducing damage you take because all NPC's use attack power to determine how much damage they do.

otherwise your build is ok, but I'd suggest dropping the 4 points in reckoning to fill out judgments of the just, divine sacrifice & divine guardian then change the 2 points from conviction to vindication.
    2/2 JotJ, Vindication, and particularly DS/DG are suited for raid tanking. The missing points in JotJ/Vindication are easily countered by obscenely overgearing the oh-so-difficult heroics that we're seeing in WotLK.