Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: First thoughts on Boomkin Buff......

It's buff, we need more. Too much of our dps is wasted because of movement. And it always seems to be at the wrong time. Get a starfire eclipse on Rotface and it's pretty much guaranteed you'll get the mutant infection and have to run away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch_SA
    Exactly, it's a move in the right direction. Hooray!
    this reminds me a lot to the elemental shaman forums lol ;D

but yeah boonkins need a buff i mean they are not the best or something like that in pvp to be screwed like that in pve >.> there is a big difference between retri pallys and boonkins in dps and they both are hybrids S:

buff are needed!
    sunshine avatar is so awesome *w*!.... <3
    http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7494/chopperoo.jpg
    (Sig too large)

dude. you give awsome raids buffs. nuff said there. rogues for example dont do shit for the raid therefor their dmg is so high boomkins on the otherhand gives 13% spell dmg taken, 5% crit, combat ress and innervate. all is even out in the end. dont be so selfish and only whine about the dps, progress is the shiet dude and u contribute to that with all of your thangs.

boomkins are very useful in raids i mean b-rez come on plus that 5% crit is nice
    now you want to tell me ret pallys are too good come on they pull decent dps and i dont see them pull top dps on raid bosses very often(maybe i just see shitty ret pallys)
    IM GONNA PUNCH THAT DRAGON IN THE FACE!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkis2001
    I am all about this buff but the Balance Druids in my guild are not terribly far behind the Mages and Warlocks (who are all behind the melee mind you). And I like this buff as it will close the gap but hybrids should be doing less damage. That may not be the case for melee but it's the way it's supposed to be.

Also I have to say all casters (though to a lesser extend Affliction Warlocks and Shadow Priests) suffer from high movement fights as we all have procs we need to utilize. In these regards I simply wanted to point out the Balance Druids aren't in that terrible of a state when rocked by a good player. =D

Lastly I have to say I despise the idea of copying Blink or Demonic Circle because I am so sick and tired of class homogenization. I understand where the Balance Druid community is coming from and am all about a solution but I really hope it's NOT a cheap copy of existing mechanics. DC was enough of a copy of Blink IMO.
    Your mages are bad.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol
    TBH moonkin DPS would be just fine if blizzard would just make haste more useful stats for us.
    (23% from talents alone is overkill as we have 1,5s casttime spell in our rotation)

Change Nature's Grace somehow = haste is good

Thats so true, haste stops wroking on balance druids after 400-450 haste rating. And crit is not that good neither, well sure you need crit to get procs, but when you got like 50% crit raidbuffed and you proc eclipse to starfire you got like 90% crit.. since crit cap is 75% it's like 15% for nothing. And about nature's Grace, it should drop your global cooldown also 20%, that would fix it.

Nibelung is such a nice staff to balance druid since there is no haste, no hit, no crit, just spellpower and proc, only if val'kyrs would stay alive like other pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sholva

Thats so true, haste stops wroking on balance druids after 400-450 haste rating. And crit is not that good neither, well sure you need crit to get procs, but when you got like 50% crit raidbuffed and you proc eclipse to starfire you got like 90% crit.. since crit cap is 75% it's like 15% for nothing. And about nature's Grace, it should drop your global cooldown also 20%, that would fix it.

Nibelung is such a nice staff to balance druid since there is no haste, no hit, no crit, just spellpower and proc, only if val'kyrs would stay alive like other pets.
    Played melee much? Casters have a crit cap of *drumroll* 100%.

10+ Year Old Account

Nature's grace:
    When you critically hit with starfire your moonfire DoT instantly ticks once
    When you critically hit with wrath your Insect swarm DoT instantly ticks once
    When you critically hit with Nourish your Rejuvenation HoT instantly ticks once (to make it useful for resto too)

Would scale well with SP & crit and give us more room for Haste.
    (2t9 would might get bit too strong tho)

Dunno really... would be more intersting than "3% more spell damage" atleast.

Deleted

I have taken the liberty and made bold text on every part of your post that was wrong. You're welcome.

Haste stops wroking on balance druids after 400-450 haste rating
    Not at all. Haste still benefits us greatly, just not "as great". We still have starfire to benefit from haste.*

Crit is not that good neither
    Crit is awesome. Period. Even when *crit* is soft capped, it is still good on wrath.*

But when you got like 50% crit raidbuffed and you proc eclipse to starfire you got like 90% crit.. since crit cap is 75% it's like 15% for nothing.
    There is no crit cap. 100% crit chance = crit every time.

About nature's Grace, it should drop your global cooldown also 20%, that would fix it.
    It does lower our GCD. But theres no point at all in changing the fact that GCD cannot go below 1 second for just one class.

Only if val'kyrs would stay alive like other pets.
    They do, most of the time. They didn't die on Festergut, a fight with a massive amount of AOE. Didn't notice anyone dying on Rotface, or on Saurfang. Only targeted AOE spells such as Death and Decay, Throw-sword-and-make-it-whirl-around or lol-we're-standing-in-fire, will actually damage the Valkyrs.

* At 400 haste, crit becomes slightly better than haste. At crit soft cap (42% raidbuffed and idol), haste and crit has approximately the same value.

well atleast i have got something totally wrong. but still getting haste so your wrath will cast less than 1 sec makes it way worse than anything else.

at val'kyrs well they wont die to all aoe, but like in twins in totc they just explode instantly.

well wrath got too short casting time conserning talents to balance i still think that.

Deleted

well atleast i have got something totally wrong. but still getting haste so your wrath will cast less than 1 sec makes it way worse than anything else.

at val'kyrs well they wont die to all aoe, but like in twins in totc they just explode instantly.

well wrath got too short casting time conserning talents to balance i still think that.
    But still getting haste so your wrath will cast less than 1 sec makes it way worse than anything else.
    Said haste will benefit your starfires instead. Even when you are soft haste capped, wrath will still benefit from haste. NG isn't up all the time. If you have to move, refresh dots, cast a battle res or innervate, NG will fall off and your wrath will be ~1,2 seconds. I stand by what i just said. Haste is still good.

I agree that NG has to be changed, but wraths cast time should only go up if starfires went up as well. If wrath was 1,5 seconds, and starfire was still 2 seconds, it wouldn't make much sense to have two spells. The current setup still works, though: We do comparable damage, and we will probably continue to through the rest of the expansion, even as our haste reaches 800+.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth

About nature's Grace, it should drop your global cooldown also 20%, that would fix it.
    It does lower our GCD. But theres no point at all in changing the fact that GCD cannot go below 1 second for just one class.

I'd like to introduce you to the destro warlock's talent "backdraft". You're welcome.
    P.S: i agree with you in general, but the point is, exceptions exist.

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

Is it annoying how easily Wrath is capped out on Haste? Yes. Does that mean you stop adding haste over 401? No.

Is it difficult to cast Wrath with the GCD at 1 sec when Nature's Grace is procced? If you're doing it manually, yes. I have my Wrath bound to Mousewheel - Down. Others bind it to a spam key on their G15 keyboard. The upside to having it on the mousewheel, is as soon as you see Nature's Grace proc, spin the mousewheel the other way, because I have Starfire bound to Mouswheel - Up.

You basically have to treat Wrath as an instant cast spell, that's really all there is to it and all that you can do without gimping your Starfire damage by not adding more haste. I'm running at ~600 haste rating atm, and we do regularly have Wrath of Air dropped by our shamans. That excess haste (when applied to Wrath) doesn't prevent me from still doing 8k or more against Lady Deathwhisper's mana shield when my Eclipse procs are going well, and I'm primarily in an average of 245 gear (some 264, some 232, but most is 245/258), using the Nevermelting Ice Crystal and Muradin's Spyglass for trinkets (lost the roll on Dislodged Foreign Object by 5, /sigh).
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

But still getting haste so your wrath will cast less than 1 sec makes it way worse than anything else.
    Said haste will benefit your starfires instead. Even when you are soft haste capped, wrath will still benefit from haste. NG isn't up all the time. If you have to move, refresh dots, cast a battle res or innervate, NG will fall off and your wrath will be ~1,2 seconds. I stand by what i just said. Haste is still good.

I agree that NG has to be changed, but wraths cast time should only go up if starfires went up as well. If wrath was 1,5 seconds, and starfire was still 2 seconds, it wouldn't make much sense to have two spells. The current setup still works, though: We do comparable damage, and we will probably continue to through the rest of the expansion, even as our haste reaches 800+.
    Yes i understand your point. But still atleast to me when my haste drops my wrath cast less than 1 sec it just drops my dps since i got like 75-100 ms and when its less than 1 sec i cant instantly start casting new one like i can hit that wrath button even abit earlier than old cast is done so it will instantly start casting new one.

And sure it wont totally stop working and so on, but still i would rank crit and SP to better than haste, atleasts after you got that 1sec wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis
    Is it difficult to cast Wrath with the GCD at 1 sec when Nature's Grace is procced? If you're doing it manually, yes. I have my Wrath bound to Mousewheel - Down. Others bind it to a spam key on their G15 keyboard. The upside to having it on the mousewheel, is as soon as you see Nature's Grace proc, spin the mousewheel the other way, because I have Starfire bound to Mouswheel - Up.

You basically have to treat Wrath as an instant cast spell, that's really all there is to it and all that you can do without gimping your Starfire damage by not adding more haste.
    So you use your wrath only to get eclipse proc? or no? you use it only to get Nature's Grace proc and ignore your eclipse totally? Since eclipse to wrath and starfire got own cooldowns i think thats just stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Chally35
    What are fellow Boomkins thoughts on the proposed Buff?
    YaY ;D
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

tl;dr'd because most of this thread is likely garbage like the OP.

Don't count the number of buffs you get in any time frame. Count how useful they are.

Blizzard could nerf all players by lowering the base HP of every level 80 character by 1. ZOMG, everything got nerfed all at once! Sky must be falling!

Yeah, no. If you're not getting buffs, it's probably because Blizzard doesn't want to break things. Speaking as a mage, Boomkins look to be in a pretty awesome place - your dps cycle is moderately interesting (much more so than 1111121111211111211112etc, at least), you provide a fuckton of raid buffs, you can battle res... list goes on and on.

That said, I've heard there's some reasonably major haste problems, not to mention the whole "leather is terribly itemized" thing. A numbers buff to Eclipse isn't going to change any of that, so I don't see why you seem to think this buff is anywhere near useful.

I'd rather buff MF/IS damage, and decrease Starfall's CD. Of course, I've probably got a more PvP slant than most boomies simply cause of the state of that spec.

we often have to move interupting the Ecplise cycle, thus reducing are overall DMG.
    All classes lose damage when they move.

increasing the Wrath/Starfire Dmg when DoT's are applied.
    Improved Insect Swarm

Work on not capitalizing Every Random word.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nømeansnø
    All classes lose damage when they move.
    Improved Insect Swarm

Work on not capitalizing Every Random word.
    Congratulations on trolling. Due to the mechanics of Eclipse, moonkin are at an even further disadvantage due to movement. Our semi-competitive DPS is based around Eclipse having a near 100% uptime.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

15+ Year Old Account

I think what they're trying to say (although not in a very decent way) is that balance druids scale horribly with gear. That's a true statement. There's not that many classes out there where haste and critical strike begin to have ~50% effectiveness once they reach a certain number. Especially considering that these numbers are rather easy to obtain (haste especially).
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre