Thread: Rawr

Rawr

Hey all,

So i have begun to use Rawr. Trying to get it setup and such. I think I have it mostly setup properly. Though, I didn't really change any settings to the "Fight" tab. Don't really know what I need to put there for the most part. If someone could help with that, that would be great. But anyway, I have selected most of my buffs that I know I get. And a lot of those buffs I have no idea if I ever get them (mostly ones that proc while in battle and such), so I left them off for now as I try to look into it and see if I get them or not. But, my question is, does anyone know if the Nevermelting Ice Crystal is modeled properly in Rawr? With all its stats and everything? If so, damn that thing sucks. Things like Mithril Pocketwatch and Abyssal Rune are ups from it. Hell, even the Talisman Of Resurgence (for a FB/TTW) is an up from that thing. So if Nevermelting Ice Crystal is modeled properly, then I may be taking my Mithril Pocketwatch out of the bank. Or even buying a Talisman of Resurgence with all my triumph emblems.

In case anyone is curious. here is my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Pandajerky

Re: Rawr

I'm interested to know how people setup rawr as well. I understand how it all works but when it comes to the optimize part what are you selecting?
    I've read what is available on elitists and on rawrs website, but I still think I am doing something wrong. Perhaps someone can post their setup guide or link one I may have missed somewhere.
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktac
    I'm interested to know how people setup rawr as well. I understand how it all works but when it comes to the optimize part what are you selecting?
    I've read what is available on elitists and on rawrs website, but I still think I am doing something wrong. Perhaps someone can post their setup guide or link one I may have missed somewhere.
    Yeah. I keep thinking I am missing something. But I don't think I am. Things seem right to me. The major part, I think, it getting the Buffs part setup. Making sure you select buffs that you have while raiding or whatever. And making sure to leave off Buffs that you don't. Which can skew it a lot. But, the only part I am unsure on in the Fight setup. But, thats why I just left it as its default. It seemed to have some alright default stuff in there.

15+ Year Old Account

the only thing I do for boss fight is try to make sure the time is set to be long enough that the "burst" nature of arcane will be leveled out to an overall timeline that is in line with boss fight times.

As well if there is high mobility fights and I want to see if 1 trinket is > another I will adjust the movement.

best way I found to do it si mess around with it

So rawr really is more for a particular encounter. My guild raids mostly 10 mans and then I run a lot of heroics to pass the time. Is the overall optimizing setting the best way to go for me or should i be looking at dos or haste. That's where I seem to get lost. One says all spell power the other says haste and spell power. I looked over my current gems and I can get 30% more spell power by regemming pretty much all spell power but I would lose 2% haste. I guess the information rawr is presenting is only useful if you know how t interpret it...
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

10+ Year Old Account

rawr

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Towelie
    rawr
    RAWR!

All you need to do is check off the buffs and import your character from Armory. The fight settings are more advanced, but one thing you might want to start with is to adjust the fight time from 300 seconds to something more in line with current raid content, like 600 seconds.

Nevermelting Ice Crystal is not properly modeled in Rawr. Neither is Dislodged Foreign Object or Nibelung. I'm not sure about the one off Syndragosa, but it's not a Mage trinket anyway (maybe okay for fire, but arcane/frost should skip as they will get 0 use out of it).

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX
    RAWR!

All you need to do is check off the buffs and import your character from Armory. The fight settings are more advanced, but one thing you might want to start with is to adjust the fight time from 300 seconds to something more in line with current raid content, like 600 seconds.

Nevermelting Ice Crystal is not properly modeled in Rawr. Neither is Dislodged Foreign Object or Nibelung. I'm not sure about the one off Syndragosa, but it's not a Mage trinket anyway (maybe okay for fire, but arcane/frost should skip as they will get 0 use out of it).

Hmmm... ok.

Does anyone around these parts know what would be needed to be entered for the Nevermelting Ice Crystal stats to have it be modeled properly? Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm afraid you might have to wait for the Rawr folks to implement it. It's a tricky proc. And actually, I believe last I checked, crit use procs weren't working for the mage model, so you might not even be able to estimate it.

Honestly, my instinct is that it's pretty bad besides the passive spell power. Mage Crit is already ridiculously high. If you have 60% crit (which I think is about what I have buffed as Arcane), there's a 75% chance that the first crit would've been a crit anyway... and even higher for the subsequent crits from the trinket. If you're fire or frostfire, that number is even higher (since you probably have 75%-80% crit at least in those specs), but it's balanced out by the higher value of crit for those specs. Still, you can think of it as maybe an extra crit every 2 or 3 minutes (whatever the cooldown is, I think I remember it being weird). Try modeling it as 10,000 fire damage on use...

I can see this trinket being more useful in PvP where a crit NOW is more valuable than better sustained damage. But I don't do much PvP.

tl;dr version: If you're arcane get Abyssal Rune/Talisman of Resurgence (assuming you don't have access to ToC 25/ICC 10/ICC 25 trinkets).