DW Frost AOE Tanking Rotations

I found this on Elitist Jerks. It seems like there's gotta be something better than this. Any suggestions?

DnD-IT-PS-PEST -- TAB --- HB

Afterwards, use this modified single target rotation on altering targets:

IT-PS-HB-PEST-BB-RPDUMP-OB -- TAB

Deleted

Re: DW Frost AOE Tanking Rotations

Why? What's wrong with that one?

My honest sugestion is to respec blood tank.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    And what possible reason would there be to do that in this case? DW Frost tanking is just as capable as blood tanking, and has better AoE threat capabilities.

If you're just tanking heroics, like me, you might try the Glyph of Howling Blast. It makes it really easy to pick up and keep aggro on trash packs with a lot of mobs. Just DnD->HB->BBoil then have a short break waiting on runes or spending runic. Then back to HB and BB when ya can. You could probably use it in raids, but the glyph is going to be a waste come boss fights.

What are you tanking heroic's?If heroics then stay frost dw. One disease rotation.

Glyph HB, D&D while running in, HB, BB, if active blood tap and BB again,HW done, move on, if the mobs are still up tab, oblit, tab, oblit, BB. If mobs are still up get new dps...lol.

macro your runestrike to everything.

If single target basically the same just dont use BB, BS instead.

If main tank in a raid then yes Blood has higher single target tps.

Jack beat me. :-[

Get a stack of Glyph of Howling Blast. Get a stack of your preferred single-target glyph (Obliterate for me.) Switch glyphs when needed. You never need use Icy Touch on trash again. Makes life easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Doyouseeme
    If main tank in a raid then yes Blood has higher single target tps.
    Negative. 2 good slow weapons in a DW build can do as much threat or more. It's retarded high threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    The thread is titled: DW Frost AOE Tanking Rotations..... Not: What spec should I use to tank with?

Quote Originally Posted by Doyouseeme
    What are you tanking heroic's?If heroics then stay frost dw. One disease rotation.

Glyph HB, D&D while running in, HB, BB, if active blood tap and BB again,HW done, move on, if the mobs are still up tab, oblit, tab, oblit, BB. If mobs are still up get new dps...lol.

macro your runestrike to everything.
    This. This is how I tank every single heroic. I switch to a standard 2 disease rotation for bosses, but I AoE all the trash with this.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by shoju
    This. This is how I tank every single heroic. I switch to a standard 2 disease rotation for bosses, but I AoE all the trash with this.
    Assuming you're still taking about heroics when you say bosses there's no need to switch to 2 diseases, using glyphed HB to keep up frost fever will give ya more than enough threat on heroic bosses.

What about for soloing?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vodamn
    Get a stack of Glyph of Howling Blast. Get a stack of your preferred single-target glyph (Obliterate for me.) Switch glyphs when needed. You never need use Icy Touch on trash again. Makes life easier.
    What he said is what i do ^^ it works perfect... i still use the glyph on some bosses... (Deathwisper, for example)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Morris
    What about for soloing?
    soloing what? a quest? fart on their faces...

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Morris
    What about for soloing?
    For farming and stuff you can pretty much do it untalented with the gear you can get from badges now days. For soloing old content like Kara/MC/old heroics/ZG ect then yes, blood is better.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

10+ Year Old Account

Frost works like a charm for soloing old stuff (Doomwalker, Kara, ZG, MC, you name it) - you can still use death strike, and the extra mitigation & HB helps a ton on trash.