Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

elemental dps...my 2 cents

I know that elemental shaman dps sucking has been discussed often but does anyone know if they even plan on doing something to compensate for the lack of scaling? I dont understand the math behind the spells or why it seems impossible to get better dps but I know that regardless of how hard I try to stick to the correct rotation and how hard I try to equip the right stats I cannot improve much. I mean, I cant be the only person wanting to throw in the towel on a character I have spent a lot of time on. If cataclysm doesnt change something so we can at least be competitive that will kind of be a load of crap considering how powerful paladins are (the shamans original counterpart) in all specs.

Just wanted to comment. Troll away.

Re: elemental dps...my 2 cents

I feel your pain Macluvin. I know with all the gear upgrades I get, my dps keeps getting better. I usually average around 7-9k depending on the boss encounter. That still doesn't compare to the 10-13k dps our other dps is putting out. It's hard to see that I did 8k dps on a boss fight but I'm 15th on the list. Hopefully, once they figure out what our 4pc T10 will be, it will actually help and not get a lot of QQ from arenas/pvp.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Shaman are, for the most part, fine.

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOLownsyou
    Shaman are, for the most part, fine.
    Roll elesham and say that again

Quote Originally Posted by pìka

lawl

They are fine ... just a bit more demanding. There are ways that you can be competitive. We don't scale well so we just need to play better.

but when i do roughly the same dps in 10 and 25, i think something is wrong

I'll do it. Ele shammies are, for the most part, fine. I've never had a problem competing on DPS. I will emphasize the "most part" section, though, since ele is maybe a BIT behind because of problems with mobile damage, and this emphasizes itself on fights like Putricide.
    Mmm ele:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dark+Iron&cn=Omgimapencil

An apple a day will keep anyone away as long as you throw it hard enough.

Deleted

Fine with Demolock, Searing/Fire Elemental and when we don't have to move much.
    Bad without Demolock, thereby with ToW all the time and when we have to move a lot.

Which is the interesting thing... other classes are either too weak or balanced (or OP) while Elementals are both at the same time... fascinating.

Wait...wait...were demanding? hell no! Were on of the easiest classes to play properly. Its so simple.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eldre'Thalas&n=Cexx

I hate logging off in Resto gear while in my Ele spec.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    Fine with Demolock, Searing/Fire Elemental and when we don't have to move much.
    Bad without Demolock, thereby with ToW all the time and when we have to move a lot.

Which is the interesting thing... other classes are either too weak or balanced (or OP) while Elementals are both at the same time... fascinating.
    This is true, I overlooked it because our guild requires at least one lock to be demo in each raid (yay), so I take it for granted.
    Mmm ele:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dark+Iron&cn=Omgimapencil

An apple a day will keep anyone away as long as you throw it hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF
    I find it hilarious that people are really stupid enough to say elemental shamans DPS is fine.

Elemental shamans are the only class in the game that can join a 25 man raid, get buffed, and gain no DPS statistics except the crit offered by an increase in intellect. That's fine? How so? Name a single other class that only gains less then .5% crit from getting fully raid buffed.

The only advantage to an elemental shaman in a raid is the DPS increased gained from debuffs applied to bosses. Once again, none of that is scaling.

Why bring an elemental shaman to a 25 man raid at all when you can bring:

1- A demo lock that offers more spellpower then ToW and better overall DPS.
    2- A ret pally that gives the 3% crit on boss (ToW) and haste (WoAT) plus better DPS and blessings on top of replenishment.
    3- A druid for a constant 5% spell crit aura (elemental oath) plus a hit debuff on boss and, once again, better overall DPS.

Sure, for a 10 man raid elemental shamans are pretty sweet. They offer a lot of buffs in a single package. For a 25 man raid elemental shamans are completely worthless. There is no arguing this, it is a fact, do the math yourselves.
    Many say the dps is ok because they are in an avarage guild where the dps difference between classes are not so big.. (even if they are eleshams)

Quote Originally Posted by Nexero
    Wait...wait...were demanding? hell no! Were on of the easiest classes to play properly. Its so simple.
    You mean easy as rotation, or easy as maximizing output? Cause yes the rotation is easy no doubt about that. But knowing when to move and how far exactly .... tbh getting LvB cast in the tenth of the second its off cd isn't that easy too. Its hard to do competitive dps because you have to really take everything you can from your class ... and when i play my mage it doesn't really matter that much its more slack friendly.

Judging by the top guilds and how their elemental shaman do, it would seem that Ele are not useless, and do enough damage to warrant raid spots.

How do you combat that sort of evidence to argue that elemental are totally gimp? (Serious question).
    Sanctøs, the Violet Guardian and Lord of Blackrock
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%B8s/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctos
    Judging by the top guilds and how their elemental shaman do, it would seem that Ele are not useless, and do enough damage to warrant raid spots.

How do you combat that sort of evidence to argue that elemental are totally gimp? (Serious question).
    Well it is compared to the other classes right? Screw this things about 6-7k is awesome when all the other classes are above.
    Start checking after bossfights.

Well it is compared to the other classes right? Screw this things about 6-7k is awesome when all the other classes are above.
    Start checking after bossfights.
    I'm not sure what you're saying here. I've seen logs of shamans doing 10k on multiple boss fights, which is much more than the 7k most people here are saying is good for ele.
    Sanctøs, the Violet Guardian and Lord of Blackrock
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%B8s/simple

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nexero
    Sooo true. I love posts like this where people complain about one of the EASIEST specs to raid as and then expect people to feel bad for them? Most of your QQ falls on deaf ears. If shaman dps was really as bad as you make it sound to be then chances are it would have already gotten SERIOUS buffs. I doubt shamans will get more than a 3% static dps buff.

ahhhh is it so hard to understand... Yes some bosses are good for us.. Most are not.. 10k is never a problem at right boss.

Many say the dps is ok because they are in an avarage guild where the dps difference between classes are not so big.. (even if they are eleshams)
    Yea, what pìka said. I raided as ele shaman and i'm a good ele shaman player. But it's hard to compete with pure DPS classes that knows what they're doing.

I was ranked on wow-heroes at the time as the #1 geared ele shaman in my realm and i had to work my ass off to come in the top 3 DPS wise against folks that were less geared than me.

My DPS in a previous guild when T7 is still the hawtnez was always #1, then other classes started getting geared up and their DPS shot up. My DPS stayed exactly around the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Omgimapencil
    I'll do it. Ele shammies are, for the most part, fine. I've never had a problem competing on DPS. I will emphasize the "most part" section, though, since ele is maybe a BIT behind because of problems with mobile damage, and this emphasizes itself on fights like Putricide.
    The rest of your raid is doing something horribly wrong.