why use unholy in pvp? (arena)

atm i am pretty low geared, i have dual spec 50/0/21 and the unholy pvp spec wich i cant remember what was. i copied specs of the best dks on my server plus in every battle group they almost all had the same. anyways... what i am trying to figure out is why use unholy instead of blood? i know unholy has more survive. but atm i am keeping huge pressure on every single class as blood. but when i tried unholy i barely kept any pressure at all. what could i possibly be doing wrong?

Re: why use unholy in pvp? (arena)

Unholy has better suvarbility,CC from pet and Gargoyle dmg is huge.
    Cant say for sure, you need to tell me your rotation,exact spec etc

Blood is 'unviable' becouse range will peel you like an onion.

lol?

First off, why 50/0/21? Unholy Blight is literally one of the worst PvP talents in that tree.

I'd also like to know at what bracket can you keep "huge pressure on every single class as blood" with "pretty low gear".

I can't even tell what you did get right here. Unholy doesn't really have better survivability, since with Blood you've got DS as well as your other regenerative talents. However, what Unholy does have is much higher utility, which really is all DKs are good for atm. Gargoyle is better pressure than DRW, AMZ is godly, and you'll pretty much need Gnaw for almost every single first kill.

Really, the only reason why someone would run Blood in arena (real Blood spec btw) is either cause they're in the sub 1k bracket and either don't know any better or want the self-healing to compensate for low resil, or because they have shitloads of high quality pve/arp gear, are a great player, and just really, really like Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat

Really, the only reason why someone would run Blood in arena (real Blood spec btw) is either cause they're in the sub 1k bracket and either don't know any better or want the self-healing to compensate for low resil, or because they have shitloads of high quality pve/arp gear, are a great player, and just really, really like Blood.
    Played resto druid/blood dk to 1900 before we quit. It's not bad, 7 - 8k crit on clothies happen quite often . They got a pretty big nuke (prolly bigger then unholy), but less constant dmg i think cause of diseases ticking for not so much etc. Less survivability aswell i guess, but ok.

Yeah, unholy does a lot more sp dmg which will pump up the damage you do against plate (and you'll fight a lot of plate teams) and you dont have frost fever on your COI so you dont even get to use DS in your opening rotation against targets that arent melee because you have to use both of your frost runes just to hold them in place and apply your diseases.

My mage is my main and obviously 1v1 != anything but i was dueling a glad DK on my server (i've been 2200 so im not a complete fail) and he never got within melee range and still killed me. Well before i could get him down. He basically solo'd me with his garg, ghoul and diseases + deathcoils. Not to mention the crazy awesome 4 piece set bonus. With blood (especially that blood) you wont be able to put out enough damage against ranged classes and, say, resto druids/rshaman where as unholy can spam COI better because it is coupled with frost fever on top of 13%+ sp dmg so bigger death coils and dots tick for more and it pumps the damage from your gargoyle. Its just a better spec. Like i used to always tell my rogue who wanted to play shadow setp "all of the good rogues play mutilate and it's not because shadow step is better". Same applies.

Honestly... you probably just feel like your doing more dmg as blood because you see big numbers. I can almost guarantee that you will do more damage as unholy. Frost is the same way.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend