Inscription or Alchemy?

Levelling my old main char, who i will use as an alt money grinder as i have a new main. Going to have herbs as one proff.

But what makes more gold atm and which is actually more fun?

Inscription or Alchemy?

I am attracted to alchemy so i can make flasks, but ive done alchemy like 8 times on various chars now and never done inscription which would be something new to try.
    I have a good idea, why don't you contribute to something here....It would be a whole lot better than getting pressure induced nose bleeds and nerd raging durrn durrrns in your posts :-*

Re: Inscription or Alchemy?

Well, as I said in another thread, I personally believe Alchemy has the greatest benefits of both.

But since you're not intending to raid, and you wish to try something new, Inscription could be just as good.

I've heard plenty of complaints about Inscription being a poor money maker. But since you already have alchemists, you've got flasks covered, so it really boils down to epic gems. Which bring up a lot of money for the effort it takes.(Buy 2 cheap items from AH is virtually no effort at all)

Yea, i had a feeling alchemy was still better.

I dont have any chars currently with alchemy, i should of made that a bit clearer (i reroll all the time for best pve professions etc or simply out of boredom).

think ill stick with the safe and familiar, and use herbs n alchemy as an alt money maker.

Thnks for reply
    I have a good idea, why don't you contribute to something here....It would be a whole lot better than getting pressure induced nose bleeds and nerd raging durrn durrrns in your posts :-*

I prefer alchemy myself. Like the Raptorg said the epic gem transmutes (especially if you are transmute spec) can be a big money maker. On my server Cardinal Rubies are going for 200-250gold each and even if I have to buy my Scarlet Ruby thats still 160-210gold profit, but if you get a proc thats even more. The other day I got a x5 proc and made 1,400gold (your results may vary).

Quote Originally Posted by Acauna
    The other day I got a x5 proc and made 1,400gold (your results may vary).
    Damn, I only get x2 procs and MAYBE once a week
    "Peace is a lie"

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Alchemy ofc Transmution master can earn you quite a bit
    Insert Signiture here.

Inscription is a very solid choice if your economy has not crashed since the release of several glyph selling guides. Find one of those and use it to its fullest potential, easily how I made most of my money.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Detheroc&n=Smacklepuff

I've made all my gold using inscription, it does require a lot of time investment but I make about 2,000 - 3,000g a night just from making glyphs for an hour and vellums for another 30 minutes.

You would need to invest time learning Quick Auctions 3, Skillet/LSWS, KTQ etc.. but I think the lessons you learn about the market would make you a better gold maker overall than just going with a profession you've taken before.

Also, check the average price of glyphs, are there many listed above 20+g? are there multiple undercutters down to 4g? if above 20G it looks like a good market to enter.
    Current Gold Total - 297,624g (April 19, 2010)
    Daily WoW Gold Making Articles On My Blog - www.WoWConfidential.com