Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by tritone496 View Post
    btw a good destro lock can stay with a mage no problem if you time your conflags properly.
    Apparently you haven't looked at mages parses for this fight if you had you wouldn't have made that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    Why do you even dps the beasts as affliction. Tabbing the adds assuming you don't tab the same one twice is a huge dps loss, at this point you don't need all dps on adds. If you feel you aren't contributing to add dps spec destro immo>conflag>incin>dead if others are dpsing same target. As destro I have solod a bloodbeast several times.
    I see this sentiment being expressed a lot, both here and a recent epic thread on the official forums.

My guild has been facerolling 11/12 ICC25 heroic for awhile now and while we have this fight down to under three minutes, the adds are still up for long enough that it is a clear DPS increase to throw a Corruption on two adds and a few Shadowbolts. Go look at the top WoL parses for this fight on heroic. One thing you'll find consistently, besides obscene raid dps, is that the locks are throwing a corruption on 1-2 blood beasts every time. For my own part, I do pretty competitive dps on the adds: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...517&target=157 while still holding my own for the fight overall: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...?s=3352&e=3517

If you happen to run with a melee heavy raid, then yes, you SHOULD focus more on the adds. However, there shouldn't be any need to change specs to accomplish this and the personal DPS loss in doing so would probably be more detrimental to your raid than whatever you would gain on DPSing the adds.

I go by experience not parses.

Quote Originally Posted by tritone496 View Post
    I go by experience not parses.
    You have experienced some horrible mages then.

maybe youve just not seen good lock nice gear btw
    Last edited by Tritone496; 2010-09-04 at 05:20 AM.

We do heroic 10 / 25 saurfang pretty easily - key is to have 2 warlocks time their shadowfurys on the beasts. They all die within 7-8 seconds.

---------- Post added 2010-09-04 at 05:25 AM ----------

btw your shadowmourne dks should be tops on this fight, followed closely by mages / feral druids