Mouseover Healing Macros

So many people are saying that mouseover healing is much better than clicking the grid frames and changing your target every time you heal someone else. So I wanna give it a try. Just tried Clique just for the mouseover function but i think it doesn't work with keybinds (?) and I don't want to heal with mouseclicks only.
    So I tried the simple mouseover macro:

/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Flash of Light

which works fine, but I need some additional functionality.
    So how do I do this:

1. If my mouse is over a friendly target heal the mouseover target (already works with the macro above)
    2. If I have a friendly target selected heal the target, ignore the mouseover function
    3. If I have no friendly target selected AND no friendly mouseover target heal myself (selfcast)

Any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Mouseover Healing Macros

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    So how do I do this:

1. If my mouse is over a friendly target heal the mouseover target (already works with the macro above)
    2. If I have a friendly target selected heal the target, ignore the mouseover function
    3. If I have no friendly target selected AND no friendly mouseover target heal myself (selfcast)

Any ideas?
    i've never been holy but heres my ideas on the matter...

1) Working as intended
    2) while raiding, target the boss and mouseover your unit frames? (resto druid in guild does this, not sure how big his unitframes are on his UI and whatnot, but he rarely dies due to fire/voidzones)
    3) Uncheck the "Auto Self-Cast" button in the options menu
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Try with this one:

/cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead][help][target=player] Flash of Light

This will exactly do what you need.

I have one on my priest that will atleast heal your mouseover or you with an alt modifier. You could lter it to add a ctrl modifier to heal target. I'll post it when I get home if nobody else does before than b
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Deleted

Since 3.3 you can replace the "target=" part of macros with a "@" sign to make it shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by jutsfortehlulz
    Try with this one:

/cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead][help][target=player] Flash of Light

This will exactly do what you need.
    the mouseover and the selfcast past works, but the "ignore mouseover if you have a friendly target selected" part does not. It keeps healing my mouseover target even if I have a friendly target selected. Any idea how to fix that?

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    So many people are saying that mouseover healing is much better than clicking the grid frames and changing your target every time you heal someone else. So I wanna give it a try. Just tried Clique just for the mouseover function but i think it doesn't work with keybinds (?) and I don't want to heal with mouseclicks only.
    So I tried the simple mouseover macro:

/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Flash of Light

So how do I do this:

Any ideas?
    Code:
    /cast [@target,exists,help][@mouseover,exists,help][@player] Flash of Light

However, I find this macro alot better and more applicable
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,help][@target,exists,help][@targettarget,exists,help][@player] Flash of Light
    When you're using macro, the commands go from higher priority to lower priority.

The one i personally use:

/cast [@mouseover,nodead,help][@target,nodead,help][@player] Flash of Light

But i like mouseover OVER target priority (even though I have the boss selected usually anyway) Easy enough to swap around

The same essentially as Riek's. pretty sure exists/nodead do roughly the same thing here