New issues between casts.

I heal as holy. Last week for example when a tank was starting a pull, I could cast POM and immediately cast Bubble directly after. Having 24% haste gave me the ability to basically jump from one instant cast to the next as long as it wasn't on cooldown. I had other computer issues so did a reformat and reloaded wow. Everything is working fine except one issue. When I try the same thing mentioned above I get the error msg "spell is not ready yet". Aside from global cooldown there should be nothing stopping the cast of one instant cast directly after a previous cast of any type. I find myself having to wait about 1 second between casts of any kind, instant or with a cast time. The only exception is I can spam the same cast back to back all day long (ie, flash heal) without having to wait between casts. Can anyone point me in the right direction? This is getting very frustrating across the board. Especially in healing intensive fights where I am constantly spamming heals of all types for the duration of the fight. Having to slow my reaction time and sometimes attempting to cast the same spell twice every time is getting very annoying and is gimping my healing performance. Thank you much.

Re: New issues between casts.

You might have a high latency for spells, though I can hardly imagine you're suffering from that given your story. Have you cleared your WTF and reset your cache (last one using wow-repair)? Other than that I can only think of some faulty healing addon you're using. If the problem persists, you should also make a ticket, maybe GM's know about it and know a work-around.
    May everyone live.
    May everyone die.
    Hello my love.
    And my love, goodbye.

I have the same problem too, since my computer runs at fairly low framerates (10 or less in raids), so when I get the chance to use a better computer, my GCD timing is off. It's fairly annoying that if you cast your next spell 99% of the way through the GCD, the client starts a new GCD and doesn't realize it needs to cancel it until half a second or so, which delays you casting at the right time. Waiting a second in between may be a bit of an overreaction though.

The good news is that it's fairly easy to fix. Namely, start your next instacast a split second later than you think it should be. Waiting .1 second will save you .5 seconds of failed GCD. Once you get comfortable with that you can start trying to whittle down the time between GCDs, but it's better to err on the late side than the early side.

The reason this doesn't happen with flash heal is that all castbar spells have a queue, where if you start your next cast 99% through the castbar, it will automatically wait till the cast is finished and cast the next spell with 0 latency. It would be nice to have spell queuing with instacasts, though. Maybe blizz will add it someday (it would significantly boost the dps of shadowpriests with bad connections/slow computers!)

Nothing can shake my believe that this world is the fruit of a dark god whose shadow I extend -- Emil Cioran

DPS in 5-mans is dependent on how your group is. If it's pulling massive AE, it'll be high, if it's pulling solos etc, it'll be low because you dont get the most out of your dots.

But really, it's completely irrelevant because it's just a 5-man ez mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelthala
    DPS in 5-mans is dependent on how your group is. If it's pulling massive AE, it'll be high, if it's pulling solos etc, it'll be low because you dont get the most out of your dots.

But really, it's completely irrelevant because it's just a 5-man ez mode.
    I would venture to guess you chose the wrong thread for your reply.