Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade

how come Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade is so expensive?

it costs 950g, while both normal and epic flying mount combined costs only 150g
    is this a bug or ment to be this expensive?
    and reason behind it?
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Re: Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Powell
    how come Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade is so expensive?

it costs 950g, while both normal and epic flying mount combined costs only 150g
    is this a bug or ment to be this expensive?
    and reason behind it?
    Why do [Reins of the Red Drake] cost 2000g?

Because it is a cool mount, thats why. Do you need it...at all? No, but if you want it you must pay more than usual.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Detheroc&n=Smacklepuff

Quote Originally Posted by panda911
    Why do [Reins of the Red Drake] cost 2000g?

Because it is a cool mount, thats why. Do you need it...at all? No, but if you want it you must pay more than usual.
    It costs that much because it scales with flying skill. If you dont have epic flying it will only be 150%

As to it being a "cool" mount, the damn thing looks like a flying plucked chicken. You will never catch me on one of those ugly things.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account

It level is based on your flying skill. Meaning you won't have to buy a new one when you upgrade your riding skill. I just think it looks like a dead flying chicken ... I have one but never ever use it.

like i said, purchasing both normal and epic flying mount is 800g cheaper.

and the mount looks like sh*t, i havent seen many DKs use it at all, i just dont see the use in it.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

15+ Year Old Account

I'm with you on this one, Powell. I understand the fact that it scales with riding skill but it's still incredibly more expensive than a 150% mount + 280% mount combined. The only logical explanation is that it's a unique model, but even then, it's awful looking to me. But, it's all perspective.

It's just there to tell you that the technology to increase Flying Mounts speed to 315% when you have your first 315% speed drake is there, and should be implemented quicker than blizzard is doing.

Try reading what's under the riding skill? Also because undead chickens with armor are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkey View Post
    He doesn't want to go to Northrend. He doesn't have coldweather flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    It's just there to tell you that the technology to increase Flying Mounts speed to 315% when you have your first 315% speed drake is there, and should be implemented quicker than blizzard is doing.
    I don't know anything about the mechanics of it, but the transition from 150% to 28% is not the same as the transition from 280% to 320%, because the first jump is based on your riding skill. 280% and 320% both use the same riding skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen
    I don't know anything about the mechanics of it, but the transition from 150% to 28% is not the same as the transition from 280% to 320%, because the first jump is based on your riding skill. 280% and 320% both use the same riding skill.
    Then you get a tome in the mail or something that says "GRATS on that one Glowy Lava Bird have this tome to make all your other mounts just as epic"