Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Loot free for all blows

Anything new? "May I need for OS?" it's been like this in whole WoTLK

Deleted

Just need everything you desire, you wont ever see those people again in your life (only if they are from other servers tho)

I queue in LFG as both a Healer and DPS - The game decides what I join as.

I roll Need on any items I need - The game decides what I get.

Quote Originally Posted by LeMatticus
    I made a post about tanks stealing dps loot, and how it sucked. I didn't realize that whats actually happening everybody stealing everybody's loot. This sucks. You can either be the better man and not get any loot at all, or sink to the loot whore's level and finaly get what your after that way.
    #1: LFD's NvG system is not a "free for all". Extreme exaggeration FTW?
    #2: Loot is not automatically owned by your or the DPS.
    #3: You CANNOT call it stealing if the guy rolled on it and won. Ninja-looting = Master Looter, which doesn't exist in LFD.

EDIT: Also, dear players that either cannot or choose not to spec for more than one roll in PvE: You only have to build one set of PvE gear. I have to build two. Here, let me shed one giant sarcastic tear for you.
    Nyuthing!

If you select more than one role on the LFG tool, it should be expected that you can roll on items from any of those roles in a PUG.

Quote Originally Posted by loop not defined

EDIT: Also, dear players that either cannot or choose not to spec for more than one roll in PvE: You only have to build one set of PvE gear. I have to build two. Here, let me shed one giant sarcastic tear for you.

This; just because I play a warrior who is dual specced for DPS and Tank does not mean I'm after tank gear when the LFD assigns me as tank. I'm going to roll need on your trinkets, 2H weapons, and DPS plate gear. Cry about it.

I. Shit. In. Your. Thread.

I'll take this thread to inform everyone that Nevermelting Ice Crystal is a fantastic throughput piece for a resto druid and that every time I roll against (not steal) another person for this trinket there's a really damn good reason for it...

Quote Originally Posted by LeMatticus
    I made a post about tanks stealing dps loot, and how it sucked. I didn't realize that whats actually happening everybody stealing everybody's loot. This sucks. You can either be the better man and not get any loot at all, or sink to the loot whore's level and finaly get what your after that way.
    you are probably just another bitter dsper who didn't get what you want. You don't like it? roll a class that actually matters.

with that said though, it does suck sometimes that some dumbass dpsers who probably will never tank anything in their life rolling need on tanking items.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21
    What makes me laugh are the ones that roll NEED on the frozen orbs and ninja out.
    umm what's wrong with rolling need on frozen orb... so many people actually NEED frozen orbs. I'm a JC, I use one of those every day. What would you rather people do? Pass on them? Do you want people to pass on the orbs so you can have them for free?

Quote Originally Posted by soulfringe
    Scenario. I have a warrior. Mainspec is Arms, but duel spec prot.

I need me the Banner of Victory from regular ToC. I sign up as DPS and Tank. Dungeon finder deems me Tank, as you may be aware, Tanks are in short supply. There is another warrior in the dungeon. He is DPS. He thinks it's total BS that I am there for Banner.

What is so wrong with this ? I am a DPS mainspec. I am forced to offspec because nobody else will tank. I am taking one for the team, and people are going to be little whiney brats about it, just because they don't want to roll against somebody else. Who is the selfish one ? I know it can't be me, because I don't care if he rolls on it too, nor do I care if he wants to need on tank gear. He can need on both. I don't give a damn.

Regarding Pally and Seethe and the "WTF IT HAS HIT YOU NUB"
    As a Elemental Shaman, I have to deal with this sort of BS all the time. "It has MP5(or spirit) you nub!" - We aren't fucking happy about it either ! But we aren't given any other upgrade options most of the time. I don't think Blizz has anyone in their item making department that actually plays a shaman, or really knows anything. They kind of overlook a lot of crap. Take a look at the earlier change they were going to do with our 4pc t10 bonus until everyone pointed out "but if you remove flame shock from rotations, not only would it potentially lower dps, but than our new ICC totem would not work, since it procs from flame shock ticks!" /end rant.

May not be a shortage of tanks for long it seems the new rage is to take your ret or fury warrior or boomkin and turn them into a tank via duel spec because ive had a ton of runs recently where you can just flat tell they que'd with there seldom played undergeared tank spec, makes for a fun train wreck lol.

and to your point about itemization, tell me about it i play a boomkin as my main and good lord blizz lay off the haste most boomkins were soft haste capped the day we hit 80 moar CRIT or hit.
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg