15+ Year Old Account

TPS difference for Unholy

How much lower single target threat does Unholy do in comparisson to other classes? Can this be made up by a single rogue using Tricks?

And maybe more importantly - why don't I ever see Unholy tanks? I've got the Perky Pug achievement on two characters and I have yet to see an Unholy tank.

R.I.P. YARG

Re: TPS difference for Unholy

It's about 7% less threat.
    pwnwear.com on tanking and leadership.

unholy tanks are not rare! I see one every time I go to log on. Dk tanks seem to be rare as a whole though. I mostly get pallies and warrior tanks with much fewer dk and druid tanks.

Compared to DKs it is probably fine on single target threat

aoe is VERY good single target threat

unholy specifically lacks a good cooldown, while bone armor isn't bad 15% health and 35% extra healing is much more reliable,

essentially if ya take 4 hits in a row ur down ur cooldown but bone armor can be chained which for dks with VERY good avoidence may be viable.

Blood is also better in teh fact that it hast 6% more stamina through talents than unholy which is fairly big.
    Blood also has death strike 15% health heals which can function a bit like block
    blood's threat is very good vs 1 or 2 targets but the worst of the 3 for aoe

frost has the worst cooldown, but probably the best raw mitigation
    frost has great snap aggro aoe threat along with the above average aoe threat

unholy has good avoidence and is a very good "magic tank"
    the best aoe threat but probably tied with blood and frost for single target threat

to your final question,

you dont see many unholy dks tanks because the lack of a block like mechanic, lack of an amazing cooldown, and lack of that little 6% health mostly

while they aren't bad they are in last place

Basically DK's cant get enough avoidance to make Bone Armor that great of a CD

When I get 2pc T10, I'm going to grab Glyph of DnD and make a super Unholy AOE tank spec for pulling retarded high numbers on trash. Gonna be so freakin sweet.

Unlike blood and frost, unholy has no physical survivability talents, and worse single target threat. Anything i havent said was covered

To killarth: its 3% health

While it's worse, it's perfectly doable for heroics, and maybe even normal raids.

Sometimes, I just tank heroics with my unholy AoE spec(That's without a single defensive talent) in order to generate more AoE threat and deal more damage, allowing for a smoother run.
    And on single target fights(bosses) I can get above most dps threat rather easily.

Healers have never complained, either.

Well I would'nt use it over frost or blood for raids but it's damn good fun for heroics.
    biym

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    Blood is also better in teh fact that it hast 6% more stamina through talents than unholy which is fairly big.
    Blood also has death strike 15% health heals which can function a bit like block
    blood's threat is very good vs 1 or 2 targets but the worst of the 3 for aoe
    Unholy gets 15% heals from Death Strike as well from the third disease. And while I personally don't because my unholy build is for tanking heroics (blood is my main spec for tanking raids) and I can survive anything a heroic throws at me by gear alone, you can do an unholy/blood tank build that includes veteran.