Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Leveling 1-85 in Old World?

Floating mountains in colorado? Lay off the crack man.

Quote Originally Posted by rmxsflz
    Floating mountains in colorado? Lay off the crack man.
    I heard clouds were the mountains of the sky. Wait what...
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

Outlands is... meh.

IMO

Azeroth Leveling > Northrend Leveling > Outlands Leveling

Hellfire I don't mind. I know every quest position by heart and I can get a good 3-4 levels out of it. (I usually start at 60 to make Outlands shorter)

I then go to Zangarmarsh, which gives me headaches. Really easy quests and quest are located near eachother, but just something about it distracts me. Still enjoy it though.

Nagrand is the best. The environment. The space view. The nighttime area. The cool pvp town in the middle that isnt used anymore. Everything was done pretty well there IMO.

Blades Edge is boring up until the later quests. I hate the starter quests out there.

I barely used Terrokar, never used Shadowmoon aside from a couple of quests and Nethertits I used to grind gold at 70.

I find no enjoyment out there anymore. I hope its reused though so I dont feel like its a waste. I like the gates idea.
    I'm on hiatus. Waiting till summer/cataclysm to get back to my sexy orc warlock. You jealous!

i really loved Storm Peaks
    the only real downside there was that 90% of the quests/NPCs were based on Norse mythology

in Outland i loved Nagrand, THE best area there to quest in IMO

EDIT: i think i read somewhere we'll need to keep going to Outland cause of Archeology, dont know if its accurate but would give us a reason to keep visiting it
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Someone believes the earth is flat, call them stupid.
    Someone believes Andorra is in Africa, call them uneducated.
    Someone believes you can go make coffee in the back of your car because it's set on "autopilot", call them retarded.
    But if someone believes a magical bearded man rewards you with eternal life in the clouds as long as you drink the magical whine-blood of a long dead carpenter in church, don't you dare argue with his beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigajot
    I actually love nagrand, plenty of quests, looks amazing, well... for me it does, and i just get a good feeling when i am questing there, the stormpeaks is my favourite zone however
    I have to agree, on all points. I really like the feeling I get from after I'm finished with hellfire/zangar to go into nagrand and finish the last few levels before northrend. The zone I like the most is also storm peaks, had a blast leveling through storm peaks the first time.

I have to add other zones that I like aswell, from vanilla wow. I really like ungoro, because you get loads of quests, run around in ungoro for a while, then you'll turn in loads and loads of quests at the same time. And the zone is beautiful. Also I like Horde side of hinterlands aswell, first time I leveled through there I didnt like the troll quests at all, however after doing them all once I have a better understand what route to choose and it's a great zone with lots of quests you can do without running back and forth between quest givers all the time. Oh and Zul'Farrak mace-quest is also neat, even though it doesnt start in hinterlands. And the group quests (well they used to be group quests at least, I dont know anymore) at Jintha'alor was Really fun. They were actually harder than most group quests back in vanilla. Was more like a mini-instance, without the real instance zone that is. Had lots of fun drowning people with sheep with my mage when the melee tried to run into to the water to get me aswell (at the top of Jintha'alor). Before DR's and with the 40 sec polymorphs.

Edit: I forgot an e in "like".

Quote Originally Posted by Helly21
    And the group quests (well they used to be group quests at least, I dont know anymore) at Jintha'alor was Really fun. They were actually harder than most group quests back in vanilla. Was more like a mini-instance, without the real instance zone that is.
    I always called this area an outside instance. Always took the group and I about as long as it would a regular instance... Would take longer if there were other groups taking all your stuff. I love the old world quests.
    I'm on hiatus. Waiting till summer/cataclysm to get back to my sexy orc warlock. You jealous!

I actually love nagrand, plenty of quests, looks amazing, well... for me it does, and i just get a good feeling when i am questing there, the stormpeaks is my favourite zone however
    While it's one of the best levelling areas IN outland, it's far from the "BEST" zone in all of world of warcraft.

They cut down and made quests less of a bother (12 innocent creatures to kill instead of THIRTY.) So Nagrand quests are definitely more tolerable this way.

I'd have to say a better area would be Netherstorm. It's a complete killzone, and EVERY enemy in there deserves to die a gruesome death. Kirin'Var was one of the most efficient places to get shit done too.

But in terms of style, wow factor, and music, Storm Peaks takes the award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearnaked
    I always called this area an outside instance. Always took the group and I about as long as it would a regular instance... Would take longer if there were other groups taking all your stuff. I love the old world quests.
    Yeah, I would definately want to see something like Jintha'alor come back with Cataclysm. More small elite zones in a regular zone, that requires you to get a group and hopefully run in to the other faction from time to time. Same with Tyr's hand, though I have to say it was more fun at Jintha'alor.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz
    Just another point to throw out whats the explenation from going "OMG DEATHWING WILL DESTROY THE WORLD!" To "Hey the burning legion are attacking outland go fight them for 8 levels then go fight scourge for 8 levels then come back and help save the world."
    "My dear Padawan, you are not yet strong enough to face the horrors of the Twilight Highlands"
    "But Master, I'm ready!"
    "Nonsense, go kill demons until you're stronger"
    "Master, I'm much stronger from killing all the demons!"
    "Excellent, Padawan. Now go kill Undeads until you drop."
    "I don't wanna. WAAAAH!"
    "Do it!" *jedi move*

See? It's not as complicated as it sounds.

Not saying outland will be removed or anything just another option for us who cant stand outland, im stuck in old world with some alts because i know all the quests and it bores me to death.

Id rather see better endgame on my main than have more enjoyable leveling on my alt.
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalol2
    Agree.I love Nagrand good memories at halaa,great music,easy quests,i love it and Shadowmoon <3
    Imagine Nagrand with the new water engine.