Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Armory Model Viewer and Character Feeds

Meh, I stopped being an idiot, deleted my cookies, and it worked fine.

Nice addition :-*

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    [size=3][b]
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Burst damage in PvP
    We think everything is a little too intense right now, almost like playing the game on fast forward. Yes, damage can come in too quickly, but that is partially because healing is also so huge that without some amount of burst, it would seem as though nobody would ever die. It's as if players are either at 100% health or 0% health, and very infrequently effective in between. If we just drastically toned down PvP damage across the board -- say, by inflating resilience or health pools -- then healers would dominate, much as was the case in The Burning Crusade. In return, the only way to win a match would be to chain crowd control or possibly mana drain the healer. We certainly want to make sure these abilities have their place in PvP, but the game can also be frustrating when excessive healing gives players the feeling that fights are just being reset consistently until healers are completely out of mana (which in most cases can take a very long time).

On the flip side, we could tone down damage and healing, but that has huge PvE ramifications and we're not ready to re-balance the entire game -- though this is the intent for Cataclysm. What we'll likely do for the next expansion is ramp damage up a little as players advance, but have health pools increase greatly and healing increase by marginal amounts. The same change would have benefits for PvE too because mana then becomes a consideration for healers -- they must make a more determined choice between an efficient strategy and a spamming strategy -- and tanks won't constantly face dying by two unfortunate strikes. In PvP, you'll ideally see more players in a wounded state, and they can eventually be worn down rather than blown up in a couple of global cooldowns. (Source)

Resilience in next season
    We are discussing the idea of increasing the benefits of resilience for the next Arena season. We will have to see what effect this has on healing and whether or not weapon inflation from the newest items can adequately offset any of those effects. (Source)
    I can't wait until Cataclysm. From what i hear the implementation of new talent trees will incooporate "fine tune" talents that act like "knobs" to turn (as quoted by Ghostcrawler) so that tuning this one talent allows them to balance the whole tree without creating an avalanche effect that destroys the balance of all other talents and abilities.

I would imaginne each class has a "hidden talent" that becomes mandatory to select for PvE and another one to be mandatory to select for PvP. (think Hunger for Blood in the rogue tree that is a 51 point PvE talent that increases overall damage on a flat scale which can easily be adjusted to affect overall damage without hurting any other talent in the rogue tree and not at all affecting PvP).

So each class in effect has 1 mandatory PvP talent and 1 mandatory PvE talent (not mandatory in that Blizzard enforces you to select this ability, but mandatory in that if you wish to perform well in either PvP or PvE you will need to pick this one particular talent) possibly 1 of each in each tree of talents.

If i have understood the idea that Ghostcrawler explained about talents working in this way (and im probably not fully correct, but the idea i believe to be correct at least), then this means that PvP balancing will be much, much easier to maintain without ever affecting PvE.

This is amazing.

It won't create headaches for developrs, it will put alot of forum whining to rest, and PvE players wont whine at arena because any changes made to the PvP aspects of a class won't affect PvE, and vice versa.

Balace in Cataclsym will therefore feel more "complete", and hopefully will also allow Blizzard to implement new thing like more raid content, more arenas, more bg's etc, instead of spending all their time balanceing class abilites (which is certainly what it feels like at the moment).

If you can achieve this Blizzard, you will have so much of a better game. Roll on Cataclysm please, the game sets to look phenominal. Just don't slack on satisfying content for us and we will love you for it :-*
    I have a good idea, why don't you contribute to something here....It would be a whole lot better than getting pressure induced nose bleeds and nerd raging durrn durrrns in your posts :-*

Someone who can enlighten me with more info about this "zone-wide buff"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragowit
    Someone who can enlighten me with more info about this "zone-wide buff"?
    When Arthas is available, Tirion Fordring and the Argent Crusade will provide a Buff to all players in Icecrown (Zone, Raid and Dungeons).

It will be something like 5% more HP, DPS and Healing... although don't quote me on that exactly.

It is to allow people struggling on the previous bosses to have that little extra help to catch up to Arthas.

Arthas is tuned to ONLY be killable WITH the Buff... so people shouldn't complain saying "ARTHAS WILL BE TOO EASY WITH THIS BUFF FFFFFFZZZZZSSDXXXXX CASUALS!".

Hard Modes will still get the Buff... the encounters will just be made harder.

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder
    Fail post, is fail.

Cause, obviously Website Maintenance/Development Team, are the same people who make the patches, amirite?
    Reasoning win!
    This space is available for rent!

I love valnoth! Reading what he wrote seriously made me laugh and smile, I like him as a person now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joán
    Or you could, you know, just not wear the tabard, since it confers no combat advantage?

What I want, personally, is "Hide Shoulders" because damn, most of those things are hideous!

Why not just ''Hide Player''?

And why hide shoulders? they're the coolest items ingame..
    punt skeez lol

wow, the armory thing really looks good

Would have been nice to have our duel spec set/stats saved too.

the new armory is just AMAZING!
    finally something well done!
    Stop standing in fire...

Howdy,

Is there any ETA for European Armory update to new options?
    nodforsakens.pl

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    When Arthas is available, Tirion Fordring and the Argent Crusade will provide a Buff to all players in Icecrown (Zone, Raid and Dungeons).

It will be something like 5% more HP, DPS and Healing... although don't quote me on that exactly.

It is to allow people struggling on the previous bosses to have that little extra help to catch up to Arthas.

Arthas is tuned to ONLY be killable WITH the Buff... so people shouldn't complain saying "ARTHAS WILL BE TOO EASY WITH THIS BUFF FFFFFFZZZZZSSDXXXXX CASUALS!".

Hard Modes will still get the Buff... the encounters will just be made harder.
    This is a bad explanation.

The explanation we've been given is that once ICC has been out for a while we'll start receiving a buff (similar to the one you get in a LFG heroic now). This buff will get stronger over the weeks and months towards Cataclysm so everyone should be able to get through eventually.

Mechanically it is a more pallatable way for them to make encounters easier over time. In game terms in is supposed to represent the turning tide of the war as the argent crusade grow in strength.

wtb this for eu armory!

Quote Originally Posted by Asaron

The explanation we've been given is that once ICC has been out for a while we'll start receiving a buff (similar to the one you get in a LFG heroic now). This buff will get stronger over the weeks and months towards Cataclysm so everyone should be able to get through eventually.

Mechanically it is a more pallatable way for them to make encounters easier over time. In game terms in is supposed to represent the turning tide of the war as the argent crusade grow in strength.
    Ah nice and interesting choise for Blizz to make the encounters weaker over time, and in this way Blizz can please hardcores and casuals - by the time the casuals can see the encounters/lorewise, the hardcores can struggle with the achi runs/hc runs/next raiding instance.

For me this is one of the greatest news about the PVE aspect of the game because the chances to see and fight/kill all the encounters counts very much for the lore and the story of my char.

Also, love the armory upgrades, wonder how will it work in the future and how slow/fast will the website will be.

I am interested only in those character Rss updates, would like to see some examples and also would like to see if I can subscribe to someones char updates with my Greader!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by dpilon
    Nice, but needs a guild rss for achievements, player joining, leaving etc.
    This would be great, hopefully it can be made possible in Cataclysm if this current setup works. I know I'll waste at least a few minutes there.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Asaron

One further clarification, you are able to "opt-out" of the buff, according to the original information on it, should you wish to run ICC without it.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

great update on the Armory, loving it.

Gief to EU.

10+ Year Old Account

Cool, but I want it for the EU!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhdCslFcKFU