Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Armory Model Viewer and Character Feeds

Not meaning to troll but here are the first thoughts I had when I saw this: ;D

1) Cool now the few reasons we had to join armory are even slimmer cause of the new greater loading time.
    2) Animation viewing? You mean I can watch them on a site instead of pressing W S A D or typing /cheer in game?
    3) Super, Hunters and Retri Paladins have less mana issues than a Mage atm.. But cool priorities Blizz. (I don't play a Mage)
    4) Yay now I got something to do when I wait for 15 min intro at CoT: CoS when it randoms as a daily
    5) Spend work force and brain power in-game plz. :P

There now feel free to slaughter me with comments.
    Beware of Devs, bearing nerfbats.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If all else fails, zonewide buffs will be available soon enough, allowing you to crush Professor Putricide, see his oozes driven before you, and hear the lamentation of his abominations. (Source)
    LOLOL get shit on, "casuals."

I love the fact that Blizz is FINALLY taking a stand on their raid encounters, in the last tier of the expansion.

This will make sure that mouthbreathers can't kill Arthas any time soon. Thank god.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

10+ Year Old Account

Armory? More like Awesomery. Seriously, though, great work on this one, Blizzard. Right away, I replaced the static pics of characters on my website with embeds of the 3D models.
    Cosmic greetings, all, I'm the Raccoonatic Commander!
    Leowyld of Emerald Dream-US

10+ Year Old Account

I really want to try this, once EU gets the feature too. (Any ETA?)

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    LOLOL get shit on, "casuals."

I love the fact that Blizz is FINALLY taking a stand on their raid encounters, in the last tier of the expansion.

This will make sure that mouthbreathers can't kill Arthas any time soon. Thank god.
    Casuals =/= baddies. 8)

It would be fan freaking tastic if Flash Player and Chrome were playing nice together. I don't want to have to run 2 browsers anymore

*Yes, I updated Flash, Yes I checked for updates on Chrome.

So how does the Twitter stuff work exactly?

I signed up, try and locate this Blizzard questions 'tweet', type in @warcraft and get shit loads of tweets from odd jobs and chinese gold sellers and crap?

How do you find the right person's tweet!!

Thx in advance from novice Twi-tter
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem.
    Not meaning to troll but here are the first thoughts I had when I saw this: ;D

1) Cool now the few reasons we had to join armory are even slimmer cause of the new greater loading time.
    2) Animation viewing? You mean I can watch them on a site instead of pressing W S A D or typing /cheer in game?
    3) Super, Hunters and Retri Paladins have less mana issues than a Mage atm.. But cool priorities Blizz. (I don't play a Mage)
    4) Yay now I got something to do when I wait for 15 min intro at CoT: CoS when it randoms as a daily
    5) Spend work force and brain power in-game plz. :P

There now feel free to slaughter me with comments.
    completely agree

do we really need to see all the animations in the armory because we are too lazy to see them in game?
    perhaps the web team isnt the team that fixes game bugs, but come on now... fix the game

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi
    What next? Facebook attached with armory too?
    Lol =D

Btw, not available for europe armory yet? =( but ive only tested it on a lvl 71 alt of mine and i g2g to work now so I'm not sure...

great update nontheless!

Deleted

Love the new armory

15+ Year Old Account

Saw some date of the 17th for the armory update in the EU... Think it was in the news section of the loader.

Ah was for december..
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    • Fullscreen mode: You can view the character in a fullscreen display against a selection of backgrounds. All controls will continue to function in fullscreen mode.
    Awesome, boss screens for gold farmers. "Honest, boss, I'm playing wow!"

Quote Originally Posted by FightClub777
    I can't wait until Cataclysm. From what i hear the implementation of new talent trees will incooporate "fine tune" talents that act like "knobs" to turn (as quoted by Ghostcrawler) so that tuning this one talent allows them to balance the whole tree without creating an avalanche effect that destroys the balance of all other talents and abilities.

I would imaginne each class has a "hidden talent" that becomes mandatory to select for PvE and another one to be mandatory to select for PvP. (think Hunger for Blood in the rogue tree that is a 51 point PvE talent that increases overall damage on a flat scale which can easily be adjusted to affect overall damage without hurting any other talent in the rogue tree and not at all affecting PvP).

So each class in effect has 1 mandatory PvP talent and 1 mandatory PvE talent (not mandatory in that Blizzard enforces you to select this ability, but mandatory in that if you wish to perform well in either PvP or PvE you will need to pick this one particular talent) possibly 1 of each in each tree of talents.

If i have understood the idea that Ghostcrawler explained about talents working in this way (and im probably not fully correct, but the idea i believe to be correct at least), then this means that PvP balancing will be much, much easier to maintain without ever affecting PvE.

This is amazing.

It won't create headaches for developrs, it will put alot of forum whining to rest, and PvE players wont whine at arena because any changes made to the PvP aspects of a class won't affect PvE, and vice versa.

Balace in Cataclsym will therefore feel more "complete", and hopefully will also allow Blizzard to implement new thing like more raid content, more arenas, more bg's etc, instead of spending all their time balanceing class abilites (which is certainly what it feels like at the moment).

If you can achieve this Blizzard, you will have so much of a better game. Roll on Cataclysm please, the game sets to look phenominal. Just don't slack on satisfying content for us and we will love you for it :-*
    Well said sir!

New Armory looks AWESUM !! :>

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalol2
    I like the new face of armory,but loading time is crazy.anyone else or only me?
    It's as if millions of geeks loaded a Web site at the same time and were suddenly silenced!

WoW: Founder <Saturnalia>, Norgannon
    Rift: Mev <Ascended of Corthana>, Faeblight
    Gaming articles

First of all, give the european armory this overhaul as well please!

Second of all, for all the people complaining that the armory is freaking slow and moaning about it. I suggest that you change the browser, I just tested the loading time in three different browsers. Google Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer. I don't have Firefox installed but I would think that it would have similar if not almost as good as Chrome or Safari.

Internet Explorer has the longest loading time by far of all three browsers I tested. In the range of 3-4 times as long and it runs more choppy as well. Change your browser instead of blaming the department who made the sight, it's not exactly news that IE is slow and sucky regarding performance.

OOOH?!!?!?!?! WWOOOWWW NICE ARMORY UPDATES WOWOWOW...

To bad it's just a rippoff from the Aion forums which had this since the game was launched... nice work.

/end of sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Lauron
    OOOH?!!?!?!?! WWOOOWWW NICE ARMORY UPDATES WOWOWOW...

To bad it's just a rippoff from the Aion forums which had this since the game was launched... nice work.

/end of sarcasm
    Ok, lets not have Blizz use any idea other games might of created, because obviously we want a back water game as long as it's "original" right.

EU armory is down atm. Update in progress, perhaps?

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

EU Armory up with the new changes!
    Zénr - 85 Warrior (Protection)

Zenr - 85 Paladin (Protection)
    Zenrdu - 85 Druid (Feral Tank)
    Znr - 85 Hunter