Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: HoR Lich King Event

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    oh yes it does cuz ur standing right behind the lich king the whole even so you dont have to wait forever for the mobs to get to you. it is the fastest way to do that part of the instance.
    Uh, the point of standing behind him does't speed it up necessarily. The one thing it does do is not let u be hit by his attack once he reaches Jaina. If you realize you aren't going to make it you just start running that way. This way there are no wip-es, no need to rebuff, and you can't die until you finish it on time

Quote Originally Posted by Varithimas
    Thanks, i figured they couldn't do anything, just nice to clarify to make sure theses random pugs wouldnt get me into trouble.
    What are you talking about? "I figured they couldn't do anything" Of course they can. They can ban you at any time for any reason they choose. Realistically, they likely will not ban you for this but you act like you have some "right" in this game and have to go to some extreme to be removed from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy
    Up until a random 2 days ago I had thought about letting him go by instead of killing in front of him, never tried it because we never wiped doing it the "hard" way.

The last 2 days we let him walk by run up about 10 yards behind him, pile up and go to town. It is 100% easier but not fun by any means. Makes it just as boring as every other heroic with no chance of dying.

The only thing they could do to fix is it to make the path narrow enough so you couldn't get behind him. Exploit? Bug? Not in any sense of the words.
    Another possible fix would be to make the spawned mobs aggro Jaina/Sylvanis first off then you would have no way to attack them, at least not all of them, without attempting to enter the 'Aura of Death' The Lich King generates. I have personally done this 'fight' both ways as DPS and heals. Yes it is a little easier following but, with a competent group, it is also easily completed in the intended manner.