Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

The Future of Lordaeron

Lordaeron lost the 3rd War, or rather, the lands of Lordaeron were betrayed from within from the Cult of the Damned and eventually Prince Arthas. But Lordaeron is overrun by the Scourge and most of the human inhabitants have been killed. There are only small pockets in Northern Lordaeron (Tirisfal Glades, Western and Eastern Plaguelands, Ghostlands, and northern Silverpine) of humans in anti-undead organizations like the Scarlet Crusade and the Argent Dawn. The Forsaken have de facto control of the Tirisfal Glades and Silverpine Forest, and from the sound of it in Cataclysm, they will also gain nominal control of the Hillsbrad Foothills. In Silverpine pockets of Dalaran mages cling on in Amberpine, and the Alliance village of Pyrewood survives as cursed worgen.

The city of Hillsbrad and Southshore fight for survival amidst the forces of the Forsaken. (Nature wins over Southshore in pvp.) The Kingdom of Alterac has fallen since its betrayal in the 2nd War, though it still lives on through the Syndicate. The Hinterlands are held by the Wildhammer Dwarves and a small remnant of high elves, but it is mostly inhabited by the native Amani trolls, including the honorable Horde-aligned Revantusk Tribe on the coast. Then in the Arathi Highlands is the fallen Kingdom of Stromgarde, whose fortress capital is held by the Syndicate, ogres, and Stromgarde forces. Trolls also roam the highlands. But part of the Arathi Highlands are held by the orcs and forsaken of Hammerfall. Finally there is Gilneas, the last of the unconquered kingdoms of Lordaeron (apart from the absent Kul Tiras), which will soon be under siege from the Forsaken.

This is a thread for idle speculation about the future of Lordaeron in the timeline of the game, though it will no doubt degenerate into Horde vs. Alliance sort of debates, which is not the intention of the thread. What do you believe will be the shape and condition of the continent of Lordaeron in the future?

There can be little doubt that the Scourge will be eventually driven from the lands, but it is questionable as to how soon these lands will be inhabited again by humans. The Forsaken also pose an interesting conundrum, in that as undead, they are unnatural abominations much like the Scourge. But the Forsaken have sentience and strong claims to the lands of Lordaeron. Yet it seems clear that unless the Forsaken find their own lands apart from the Tirisfal Glades, that they too will likely be destroyed in the long term. Of course, Northrend may eventually be an option for the Forsaken.

Re: The Future of Lordaeron

Well, since the Forsaken seem to be heading south into Gilneas, it's possible that they could be trying to get more of a foothold in the west and southwest Lordaeron e.g. Tirisfal, Silverpine, Gilneas, Hillsbrad. I can see the Alliance holding the majority of WPL and EPL (well, any parts that aren't still overrun with Scourge), but the proximity to Quel'Thalas which is now Horde means they could end up being surrounded by Horde forces.

I'd look for the Hinterlands to become more Alliance aswell. I just wish Danath would hurry up in Outland and come take Stromgarde back for the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Arienn
    Well, since the Forsaken seem to be heading south into Gilneas, it's possible that they could be trying to get more of a foothold in the west and southwest Lordaeron e.g. Tirisfal, Silverpine, Gilneas, Hillsbrad. I can see the Alliance holding the majority of WPL and EPL (well, any parts that aren't still overrun with Scourge), but the proximity to Quel'Thalas which is now Horde means they could end up being surrounded by Horde forces.

I'd look for the Hinterlands to become more Alliance aswell. I just wish Danath would hurry up in Outland and come take Stromgarde back for the Alliance!
    In the grand scheme of things, I doubt that Gilneas will fall to the Forsaken. The Forsaken will likely have a stronger hold of the Hillsbrad Foothills in Cataclysm, but I do not think that this will be long-term holding either.

Great king Varian Wyrnn will help the Lordaeron survivors to remove Forsaken from the capital city and they will rebuild Lordaeron just like how Lordaeron helped Stormwind in and after the second war.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss
    Great king Varian Wyrnn will help the Lordaeron survivors to remove Forsaken from the capital city and they will rebuild Lordaeron just like how Lordaeron helped Stormwind in and after the second war.
    Except, you know, a good majority of Lordaeron citizens already inhabit Lordaeron... they're known as the Forsaken!

They were born, they died, and were reborn in Lordaeron.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmking
    Except, you know, a good majority of Lordaeron citizens already inhabit Lordaeron... they're known as the Forsaken!

They were born, they died, and were reborn in Lordaeron.
    Forsaken are not a majority.They are even less then Scarlet Crusade.And many people have run off to Stormwind after Scourge Invasion.Majority of Lordaeron is the Scourge.And forsaken also commit many crimes against living Lordaeronians.

Forsaken are not a majority.They are even less then Scarlet Crusade.And many people have run off to Stormwind after Scourge Invasion.Majority of Lordaeron is the Scourge.And forsaken also commit many crimes against living Lordaeronians.
    Wrong. Arthas, Kel'Thuzad, and Sylvanas made sure there were as little survivors that escaped from Lordaeron. Go play Warcraft III.

And yes they are the majority.

15+ Year Old Account

I just had this feeling that the Northern part of Eastern Kingdom will be mostly Horde, whilst the Southern Part will be Alliance.
    Same in Kalimdor, but only a bit different. (ie: Eastern side Horde, Western Side Alliance, and both a stronghold here and there....)

However, I doub't the Humans will get things back to action in Lordean, while I also think that Blizzard is going to add a hub there, for some PvP action (let the players take it back if they want it so badly).
    I would like it if Blizzard made something like this...Phased city's....

If you are Horde for example, you can decide to overrun Exodar, and make it "Horde controlled" for a limited time (Of course, phased due to lowbies and Horde NPC's). At a certain time, the NPC's in the Other city's (only 1 city of the oppenent can be controlled at once) start calling stuff like: "Defenders of the Alliance! It is time to remove the filth that has infultrated our Allies home! It is time to strike back, and remove this threath once and for all! All who wish to aid us, and prove their Alligiance with the Alliance, come towards the (enter mage place here), so we can strike when the clock strikes (enter hour here)!

So the opposite faction will be teleported into the city for some awesome defencive action PvP.

Come on, who wouldnt want this? :P
    Dawwwwwww

10+ Year Old Account

That is the biggest problem with the reclaiming of Lordaeron, most of the people that lived there are still there. As the Forsaken, however the living have this whole anti dead rights thing going on. You are dead, get in the ground where you belong so we can take all your stuff. Claim the city as our own then say you are all in a better place. Trapped in a little box in the ground waiting to well die again.

From what I understand of the worgen quest line is that it starts out in the past. The Forsaken are trying to move in but they are pushed back once the night elf gal shows up to kind of fix the mess I believe she or another night elf created. Well actually Elune out sourced the help to a minion who gave the summon world destroying creatures instead of world saving creatures staff. This ummm union pushes the Forsaken forces back, how far not sure. Probably to like Shadow Fang Keep, so that they can claim that little worgen city.

But yeah, the living don't really like the idea of the undead Lordaeron citizens in Lordaeron. Evident in the Allie quest where you kill that guy in the Plague Lands who was one of the few humans to become a ranger. Trained by Sylvanas he served her in life, then on into death. Until Variann decides that oh can't have that, he should be dead to put him in a better place. Which is dead, fully dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmking
    Wrong. Arthas, Kel'Thuzad, and Sylvanas made sure there were as little survivors that escaped from Lordaeron. Go play Warcraft III.

And yes they are the majority.
    No.They are not the majority.That was the reason they joined Horde in the first place.They are weak,can't reproduce,can't increase their numbers.

Forsaken are not the only Lordaeronians.

I thought the forsaken were all the banshee elves from quel'thelas that annoyed the hell out of arthas with their hit and run tactics?

I don't remember a single point in WCIII that the forsaken became made up of lorderon soldiers or men. It seems to me that all of them were killed by Sylvanas, KT, and Arthas in that one mission of WC3 FT. I mean at one point the dreadlords were in control of the place there.
    Ones brain cannot co-pilot if ones mouth is on auto-pilot.

The forsaken are all the undead in lordaeron that broke free of the scourge brought under the rule of Sylvanas.

Seeing as there are no major towns of the alliance in the lesser lordaeron area, METHINKS THEY WERE ALL KILLED AND MADE INTO UNDEAD.. AND THEN MOSTLY FORSAKEN.

Surprised there are no dwarven undead. I mean I really abused those riflemen in WC3
    Ones brain cannot co-pilot if ones mouth is on auto-pilot.

I'm not sure if it would happen in his lifetime. And if the Forsaken are "natives" then whether or not they are the majority, do they not have a legitimate claim to Lordaeron?

Where did you get the numbers supporting this? I'm not challenging you here. I am just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Antermosiph
    Surprised there are no dwarven undead. I mean I really abused those riflemen in WC3
    There are, but they are non-playable.

15+ Year Old Account

I think a big side story of Cataclysm will be the Forsaken VS the Humans when it comes to who has the right to live (or unlive :P) in the Northern parts of the eastern kingdom.

I like the idea of gilneas which (to me) seems like a city that will go back and forth as to who controls it. Say patch 4.0 the Forsaken have taken over but in 4.1 the Worgen gain control again.

It might be interesting to have mini-cities like that which would work like little Wintergrasps where one side defends and the other attacks every so often.

The only people who honestly, truly have the right to ownership over Lordaeron are the humans who are part of the Argent Crusade and whatever's left of the Scarlet Crusade. I can honestly say that after them though it's the Forsaken. Since they are Lordaeron citizens themselves, they're claim to Lordaeron is far more valid than anything Varian Wrynn could ever come up with. He was a foreign dignitary after the First War and before the Third, but foreign is still foreign and he has no rightful claim to who gets to rule in Lordaeron. If he wants that decision to be his, he's going to have to come and throw the Forsaken out first, but that would considered a conquest, not a liberation.

Now if Tirion Fordring were to return from Northrend after the end the Lich King and tell Sylvanas "we want you out of our city and all you Forsaken can now go back to the grave." Well, he would be in far better position to do that than Varian, but considering that the Forsaken did fight the Scourge, he might consider that to be dishonorable. I'd like to think that when the Argent Crusade returns they would clean up Stratholme and make that their home city.

If the Forsaken actually took pride in there city..... that place is a pigstyle and disgusting.

Do something with the place before it gets forclosed due to health issues... and purchased by the Alliance, who at least will clean up the slime and maybe build it into a actual city. :-\

Forsaken are unnaturally living... Tirion should do the honerable thing and ask them if they wish to be released... or continue on as a Zombie's covered in flies with no lower jaw. :-\

Since the Forsaken are such buddy buddy with the High Elves why not help them rebuild there city! Heck half of it is in ruins like Lordaeron... sounds like win win!

We need Lord Prestor back to help bring Alterac, Stormgarde, Gilneas, Dalaran and other Kingdoms together again. I would love to see the Human kingdoms back together again, just under better management

I am also aware Prestor was Deathwing.. but even he could even make Genn Greymane smile

Well maybe it's a pigsty to you, but try looking at in the perspective of a gloomy undead dude. Dark, gloomy, feels like a crypt, has the right ambiance. Feels like home!

And you're in luck! With Deathwing coming back, maybe we can convince him to take up the mantle of Lord Prestor again and become the king of Alterac or whatever.

Of course, I think he'd be much more likely to eat you, burn down what remains of Alterac, Stromgarde, Gilneas, and Dalaran, and then use the ashes to make funky art sculptures.

Quote Originally Posted by willjones410
    Well maybe it's a pigsty to you, but try looking at in the perspective of a gloomy undead dude. Dark, gloomy, feels like a crypt, has the right ambiance. Feels like home!

And you're in luck! With Deathwing coming back, maybe we can convince him to take up the mantle of Lord Prestor again and become the king of Alterac or whatever.

Of course, I think he'd be much more likely to eat you, burn down what remains of Alterac, Stromgarde, Gilneas, and Dalaran, and then use the ashes to make funky art sculptures.
    You'd think as Former Lordearonian's they would want to show some pride in they city they used to live in as living Humans. Just because your undead doesn't mean you have live like one. There stinky prescence is whats fouling up Tirisfal Glades and Silverpine. there is NO reason they couldn't jazz it up to resemble Elywnn ;D

Someone with as much Charisma as Prestor had ;D

Heck WTF is Krasus doing... sure he could hold some sway in some talks.

Dalaran would reland in it's crater... Run by Rhonin and the council of 6.

Stratholme will be cleansed and renamed Clean ( non stinky ) Lordaeron so the Humans survivors in Stormwind can head back north. Tirion could run this place and re-built his order of Paladins

Stormgarde needs to be rebuilt with supplies from Arthi Basin and ruled by Danath

Gilneas will be itself run by Genn

Stormwind and Varian

Kul Tiras will rejoin and lead by Tandred Proudmoore

Who would we get to rule Alterac? Maybe Muradin could build up something there and have rule over it. :-\

We'd call it " A Club 7 " just need a fancy jingle for it..... any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    Who would we get to rule Alterac? Maybe Muradin could build up something there and have rule over it. :-\
    A peace treaty would have to be worked out between the dwarves and orcs. I would like to see eventual tension between the Ironforge imperial claim and the Stormpike dwarves there, leading the Stormpike dwarves to declare themselves a separate kingdom.