Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Trying to construct a BiS list for holy paladins 3.3

It's late, so I'm probably making mistakes. And I'll be honest, I could probably use your help anyway

Here's what I've come up with so far:

Head - Sanctified Lightsworn Headpiece
    Neck - Choker of Filthy Diamonds
    Shoulders - Sanctified Lightsworn Spaulders
    Back - Frostbinder's Shredded Cape
    Chest - Mail of Crimson Coins
    Wrists - Crypt Keeper's Bracers
    Hands - Unclean Surgical Gloves
    Waist - Belt of the Blood Nova
    Legs - Leggings of Concealed Hatred
    Feet - Boots of the Funeral March
    Ring 1 - Ashen Band of Endless Wisdom
    Ring 2 - Marrowgar's Frigid Eye
    Trinket 1 - Solace of the Fallen
    Trinket 2 - Sliver of Pure Ice
    Main hand - Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings
    Shield - Bulwark of Smouldering Steel
    Libram - Libram of Renewal

Total stats (unbuffed):
    36k mana
    3.3k spell power
    321 Mp5 (not including Solace)
    28.42% spell crit
    968 haste rating
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Re: BiS list for holy paladins 3.3

Wrong legs, wrong gloves. 4 Piece is horrible. Do.Not.Get.It. How many times mustI say this >
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Crap, those gloves aren't meat to be there.

As for the legs, what's the best upgrade?

EDIT: Going with Leggings of Dying Candles
    I am the lucid dream

Also horrible. For best stats: the legs off anub 25 TOGC.
    If your not having major problems healing, craft the plate ones for pure aesthetics. IT MATCHES

I might also add that this list is quite inaccurate, you seem to be going based on mostly ilvl???Id correct your decisions, but I have a raid to attend. Im sure others *ACCKKKK, COUGH*FI*ACKCKCKCK*CREST*hooookk* sorry, can explain. My throat is cleared, good day to you all ^^

Re: Trying to constuct a BiS list for holy paladins 3.3

Heh, I'd rather not pester Mr. Firecrest this early in the morning

So, you'd place Leggings of the Awakening in first place? A drop of 23 int and 57 mp5 (along with the other less useful stats) for 86 extra haste?

It seems my priorities are all wrong
    I am the lucid dream

Re: Trying to construct a BiS list for holy paladins 3.3

Re-looked, and changed a fair few items now I've consumed some breakfast.
    I am the lucid dream

The 4 pc bonus is worth getting, just balance out your other stats according to these 4 pieces. Best 4pc set bonus we had was on t8, but this one is not bad either. People can have personal preference on the set bonus ofcourse, but ask yourself what stats you win by not taking 4pc... like 50-75 more int instead of crit/haste/mp5? Also, val'anyr is still BiS weapon. And after Val'anyr comes the weapon that drops from rotface with the proc.

Yeah, I'm still unsure on Trauma as a paladin weapon. I'd more than willing to accept Val'anyr as BiS, I'd just been hearing that it can't compete with the new ICC weapons over on the EJ forums.
    I am the lucid dream

The 4 pc is very useless, as it actually IS a throughput loss, and if your haste is at correct levels, your HL cast could go down to 1.2 seconds, making a full third of the set bonus go to waste. Whereas if you get the additional haste from the better itemized pieces, itll go down to 1.2 seconds est. Making it barely noticeable in comparison anyways. And for a list of fights with hard hitters:
    1)Festergut:You really dont have to move this fight. You should be standing in melee, allowing spores to come to you, and chain casting HL.
    2)Anub in TOGC 25: I havnt done this yet, but I dont see any elements in P3 where you have to move really.
    3)Beasts TOGC(SORT OF): With movement, I still dont see tanks dying either way, so ???

EDIT: I wasnt talking about THOSE legs, I meant the mail ones off FC. the ones thatre PROPERLY ITEMIZED*nod*

Ah, so we're looking at this comparison then.

I'd still say the 277 ones come out on top.
    I am the lucid dream

I think ill wake up firecrest now.

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!11111oneoneone

15+ Year Old Account

264legs:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4&filt...:1;crv=0:0:0:0

any of those, but craftable Cloth ones has more haste than the others.

also you can think about 258 haste/mp5 legs from TotGC-25.
    [Talisman of Resurgence] icon is made of small kitten's red eyes. each time you use the proc, the god kills two more kittens to refresh it's icon after cooldown.
    Holy Paladin trinket comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    I think ill wake up firecrest now.

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!11111oneoneone
    Oh fine, you win :P
    I am the lucid dream

The Lich King will probably drop a bunch of stuff that totally dismantles at least some of the list.

Might wanna wait a couple weeks before making any lasting assumptions (though, admittedly, it's all stargazing now since no heroic loot is available anyway)
    Quote Originally Posted by Force
    2)Anub in TOGC 25: I havnt done this yet, but I dont see any elements in P3 where you have to move really.
    You haven't done togc25 yet and you're commenting on bis loot?

It's one thing to comment on something that can't be accessed; it's another to comment on something from your position you probably will never have access to.

True, but it's only a couple more loot tables, how much could change? (as fates get tempted)
    I am the lucid dream

Quote Originally Posted by Lark
    The Lich King will probably drop a bunch of stuff that totally dismantles at least some of the list.

Might wanna wait a couple weeks before making any lasting assumptions (though, admittedly, it's all stargazing now since no heroic loot is available anyway)You haven't done togc25 yet and you're commenting on bis loot?

It's one thing to comment on something that can't be accessed; it's another to comment on something from your position you probably will never have access to.
    Doesnt change the fact he is right, does it?

Am I gonna have to do one of these before we get one that's decent? I've seen so many done so wrong. The weird part is that it seems really really simple. Find the highest level Haste/Mp5 item for each slot. If the highest you can find seems a bit low, get the highest level Haste/Crit. If there's not one of either, then write a nasty letter to Blizzard. Make a tweak here and there to account for high or low specific stat itemization and then call it a day.

I didn't look at it too hard, but this one doesn't seem too terrible. It still has Crit/MP5 pieces though. The one I saw before I stopped looking was the boot slot. If you're just going off ilevel, you're not doing it right. Shuffling Shoes are only ilevel 264, but they are better than any ilevel 277 alternative.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

I decided to go ahead and make my own thread.

OP's turned out to be not so terribly off. I think I changed just 2-3 things. I did provide a bunch of commentary though.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

if you are in a good guild you wont see 277 tier for a while, DPS and Tanks will get geared up first.