Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demonic Pack. What exzactly does it buff?

If someone could help me, I am wanting to know a list of things the raid buff Demonic pack buff in a 25 man raid. Some report say rogues poisions and hunters stings? is it just the healers and caster dps that get a buff from this? Any answers on this is much welcomed. thank you for your time.

Re: Demonic Pack. What exzactly does it buff?

Quote Originally Posted by lichanator
    If someone could help me, I am wanting to know a list of thisngs the raid buff Demonic pack buff in a 25 man raid. Some report say rogues poisions and hunters stings? is it just the healers and caster dps that get a buff from this? Any answers on this is much welcomed. thank you for your time.
    It buffs spellpower. That's the whole list.
    If it isn't affected by spellpower, it isn't affected by demonic pact.

Assuming you meant demonic pact.

It does buff rogue poison, that is what rogues have been telling me.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

15+ Year Old Account

Curse of Elements does.

Demonic Pact does not.

R.I.P. YARG

Rogue Poisons scale with AP, not SP.

You do, however, buff Ret Paladins and Enhance Shaman as they both scale with SP. It's a fairly common miscalculation to leave them out of DP's effective worth.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Curse of Elements does.

Demonic Pact does not.
    I have a rogue in my guild to go slap. Lol
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    I have a rogue in my guild to go slap. Lol
    It increases your spell power by a %. So unless your rogues are wearing spell power gear... ;D
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Spellpower still doesn't affect any of their abilities so regardless of them pissing off a resto/oomkin druid somewhere it still won't affect them.

Yet.

I can see the Cata post now: To cater to people who don't know what to wear, gear will automatically pick the highest of AP or SP for spells and scale to be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    It increases your spell power by a %. So unless your rogues are wearing spell power gear... ;D
    I'm fairly sure it increases spell power based on the warlock's spell damage(not spell power).

It's off your total spell damage, but it's a kind of silly distinction. The only reason it's important is so people don't confuse it with their healing, which isn't affected by Fel Armor/DK/etc.

Does demo put up the 5% spell crit too? Or is that only affliction?
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

do people just not read their tooltips these days...some times i feel like people just spec into the coolest looking icon.
    READ what your speccing into, its telling the truth i promise.
    He who is truly mediocre exerts himself 100%, it is not his efforts that fall short but his ability. Don't be a mediocre poser.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Brootalkid
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Kidvicious

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    The talent increases the warlock's spell power by a percentage, the buff that the talent puts on the raid increases the spell power by a number.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Does demo put up the 5% spell crit too? Or is that only affliction?
    Demo puts up the 5% spell crit IF the warlock takes the improved shadow bolt talent (which they will have if they are using the standard demo raiding spec).

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kidvicious
    do people just not read their tooltips these days...some times i feel like people just spec into the coolest looking icon.
    READ what your speccing into, its telling the truth i promise.
    Haha, that's what I thought as well when I read the first post.

I love demo locks when I'm setting up raid. 13% magic damage 5% spell crit and the best in game spell power buff is really nice when wrapped into one spec.
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

I am not certain the original poster was saying he didn't know what Demonic Pact did, I think he wanted to know which classes benefit from the buff.

Any class that uses spell power for some ability will benefit. I actually tested this with healers back in Ulduar when it wasn't much better than the shaman totem yet and the healing spells were affected.

Now of course if you don't really want to run a 25 man without a demo lock, it's just so much spellpower added to the raid.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by danoob
    I love demo locks when I'm setting up raid. 13% magic damage 5% spell crit and the best in game spell power buff is really nice when wrapped into one spec.
    This.

@the OP: http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t45693-d..._personal_dps/

This thread is full of such misconceptions it is no wonder why when you tell people in-game that demonology is good they go 'lolwut, demonology is terrible for raiding, U BAD BRO'.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

people are stuck in a rut about demo, since it has been tierribl ein the past every one feels nothign has changed but im a full time demo lock and am quite competitive in my dmg, obviously im not like retardedly high onmeters because thatd be op to have such a utility spec pull insane dmg as well
    He who is truly mediocre exerts himself 100%, it is not his efforts that fall short but his ability. Don't be a mediocre poser.

No one's really 'stuck in a rut' about Demo. Watch any of the world first videos, or any of the PTR videos from ICC. Metamorphosis is hard to miss in them. At this point SP is so high that not having it in 25s is silly. It's maybe 10% behind Afflic, but without counting its impact on our healers my DP is acounting for ~2500 DPS spread across the raid. I'm usually behind on DPS by much, much less than that. Gunship doesn't count or I could say I'm top DPS on some fights. :P

didnt say it was bad...im saying that there are people who are liek wtf demo lololol because they have been misinformed and still believe it is useless. and id love to see your raid set up via wow meter online if your ontop some thign is very very wrong