prospecting titanium ore...

I read that blizzard had nerfed the rate at which epic gems were prospected from titanium ore. I'd like to hear if anyone else can confirm this. If it's true, I'd have to imagine that this news in addition to the removal of the titanium transmute CD might bottom out the price for titanium ore.

Re: prospecting titanium ore...

this would certainly explain less epic gems during prospecting. was this a ninja nerf or something? I don't remember reading about it but it does explain the shitty prospecting luck I thought I was having. :-\

I read Onyxia Deep Breaths more.

Serious Post: There was no change. It is just bad luck.

they rate is the same, prospected a stack yesterday- 2 epic gems.

yeah. I just prospected 10 stacks, and got 12 epic gems. Apparently, the last 2 weeks of comments on wowhead were just paranoid ramblings. apologize for the false info.

I'm having horrible luck with Titanium (about 5 stacks, exactly 0 epic gems), but there is no reason for them to nerf the drop rate on this. 150g gems seems about right. If anything, that's still a touch on the high side. But then, with the abundance of emblems around, combined with prospecting, transmutes, Icy Prisms and a few drops, there are plenty of ways to get epic gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Claym
    I read Onyxia Deep Breaths more.

Serious Post: There was no change. It is just bad luck.
    QFT

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Quote Originally Posted by wysimdnwyg
    I'm having horrible luck with Titanium (about 5 stacks, exactly 0 epic gems), but there is no reason for them to nerf the drop rate on this. 150g gems seems about right. If anything, that's still a touch on the high side. But then, with the abundance of emblems around, combined with prospecting, transmutes, Icy Prisms and a few drops, there are plenty of ways to get epic gems.
    Icy prism isn't worth it. The cheap gems that it uses sells to well(at least onthe 2 servers I'm on)
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

it seems they nerfed it in the PTR (from 30% to 25%, from 1.2 to 1 gem per stack in other words from few test done on large amounts of prospects) but i didn't see any blue post regarding it

no news about live changes

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Icy prism isn't worth it. The cheap gems that it uses sells to well(at least onthe 2 servers I'm on)
    Most days I get either an epic gem or dragons eye, even blue quality gems make it worth it, red = 50g, others between 30 - 40g each.

I once prospected 7 epic gems in one stack, what do i win?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by inzide
    I once prospected 7 epic gems in one stack, what do i win?
    A reminder of where your SS button is.........

I prospected 5 stacks of titanium ore (=100) over the whole time I have JC 450 (not that long). All I got was *one* epic gem. And *one* jc token through dust. Probably pretty close to the real drop rates (1% epic gem, ~10% dust) but it sucks, one time I seriously got nothing but two DARK JADE! from titanium ore. wtf?
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay
    Most days I get either an epic gem or dragons eye, even blue quality gems make it worth it, red = 50g, others between 30 - 40g each.
    really? what server is that?

our server reached the point where it's actually better to cut all rare gems and vendor them (apart from red).