Healing ICC 10 and the 2set T10

I was wondering how eveyone tackled this instance, I have shifted from prefering Fheal to Renew recently however I just obtained my 2set T10 and was thinking of switching back to a Fheal.

I know people have very mixed thoughts on it and I was always anti imp renew, but with mobility in ICC being mainstay I have been using it and its been working out great.

My armory.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Shri%C3%A9

Thoughts on the 2set bonus and how you heal 10 man ICC. (In 10 man guild, Disk Priest is my healing partner.)
    Venara violated my pretty signature. :'(

Re: Healing ICC 10 and the 2set T10

Personally i dont use the 2p bonus yet... i decided to use my badges an get the trinket, back, belt first.

From the sounds of it you an i have a very similar heal style... im always spamminig Fheal which is in on avg healing for 6k now while my imp renew hits for like 500 and then ticks for 2.0-2.1k so fact is the Imp renew is shitty...

Iv found that with higher amounts of haste like you do seem to work wonders cuz i can run when i need to pop CoH on the move an norm proc my surge of light givin me my free insta cast Fheal.

PoM an Renew i always try to keep up on the tanks at all times, i use xperl an have it set so i can see when my hots are running out on my target so its very easy for me to put it back up

My 10m grps norm run with 3 heals.... Resto shammy, Resto Drood, and me the holy priest who goes shadow when called for.

Heres my armory page... thou i think im in shadow gear an spec ATM im posting this

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...has&cn=Thejawa

As for the t10...ill be going for helm an legs... i would get the gloves because they have haste... but theres a chance they can drop in a VoA same as the legs... an if they dont well the badge ones with 2 sockets are also very sexy

Personally, I'm still unsure as to whether or not I'll be going for either 2pc or 4pc t10. Neither are very compelling. I have not been 80 or healing for very long, only a few months, but I am geared for and as of this past week, actively running ToC25,ICC10 and ICC25. I find Holy to be fun and have nice throughput, I just need to drop some int gems and switch for haste gems, but I do favor more of a Renew + CoH + PoM healstyle with PoH and Flashes as situations call for them. I have Renew fully talented (with the exception of Body & Soul) and with Empowered Renew, I regularly see instant 2k-3k heals from Renew, plus the 2100+ per tick, given the rather cheap cost of this, it makes for quite nice healing during AE intense situations, if I can pre-Renew a few people before it starts and then weave them in while using CoH on CD and PoH as needed, I'm seeing great throughput with only slight mana problems on the fights that I'm not quite geared enough to go all out healing on.

Always have at least one Holy Paladin with us, occasionally two. They're almost a necessity for the amount of damage tanks take in ICC, Disc Priests are ok, but not as good. We have run a two-healer setup (me Holy Priest, and Holy Paladin) the past 2 weeks clearing the first wing of ICC10 both times with only a few wipes on Saurfang, almost always due to the range not picking up adds fast enough and then not killing them fast enough.

Bony bird is a joke for Holy Priests, CoH + PoM and a few renews and his bone storm is lol'd at as long as you are situationally aware and keep yourself in range of your group. You should have no problems taking a couple hits from his bone storm as long as you aren't dipping into fire as well to keep yourself in range of your group.

Mana ho isn't overly difficult. The biggest problem we've had is making DPS not be slow/stupid. Otherwise healing it isn't too intense with tanks that can pick up adds and DPS who understand what mobs they can and can't attack.

The ship's aren't too difficult either really, communicate to the tanks/dps who go over to the other ship to bring the mobs to the edge of the opposing ship closest to your ship, and your healers stand on the very edge of your ship (dodging canon shots) and can heal everyone without ever having to jump ships. Both (/all) healers can stand in one small area moving forward and backward 5-10 yards as needed to avoid canon shots and always have everyone within range and LoS.

Saurfang...can be tricky. For melee and tanks it's a snore-fest/melee dps near-heaven. A Holy Paladin geared enough to be able to spam Holy Light is exceptionally useful here, as is an extra healer (Disc is what we use). A single (well geared) Holy Paladin is capable of keeping both the current MT and at least 1 mark, or 2 marks and someone else picking up tanks, alive for quite a long time. Disc bubbles help a lot on marked targets as it slows at least a little bit how much blood rage he gets. Range DPS being fast and strong are essential to getting this encounter done. If they don't pick up and dispose of the adds fast enough, you aren't downing him. This fight isn't a place for Holy to shine. Ranged are spread out beyond CoH range and melee take exceptionally little damage unless the range fail at picking up adds, you're pretty much relegated to Flashes and Renew's on the range and tanks that need heals. While the bomb-healers pick up primary healing on marks and tanks. Although, if someone else is picking up one or more marks, we are certainly capable of keeping tanks up for this fight on our own with Flash spam, PoM, and Renew (/or GHeal if you talented GHeal instead).

Personally I don't think I'll be dropping 2pc t9 any time soon. +20% healing on PoM is insanely awesome. I regularly see PoM's critting for 10K+, occasionally 12k-13k depending on raid buffs present. There are all kinds of sexy-offset pieces that drop throughout ICC, and obviously, the more you get, the easier things will become.

Armory link in sig (haste is currently pretty low, was testing out larger mana pool + a bit more crit, will be switching a few out for +haste gems when I get the money )

As much as I love holy, I strongly recommend you switch to disc for Saurfang. Soon enough you'll find yourself solo healing it...

Keep the entire raid bubbled during the entire fight and as long as the ranged do a decent job kiting the beasts, you'll down Saurfang without a single mark popping.

He only gets blood power when his abilities do damage, so absorbed damage doesn't give him any. Healing Saurfang w/o marks = cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic
    He only gets blood power when his abilities do damage, so absorbed damage doesn't give him any. Healing Saurfang w/o marks = cake.
    That's been fixed, by the way.

Keep the entire raid bubbled during the entire fight and as long as the ranged do a decent job kiting the beasts, you'll down Saurfang without a single mark popping.
    And while this is still true...

Soon enough you'll find yourself solo healing it...
    And this has already been true (hell, 25 man's 2.5 healable)

As much as I love holy, I strongly recommend you switch to disc for Saurfang.
    Your recommendation is no longer valid. Heal it however you want, doesn't really matter at this point.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Shrié
    (In 10 man guild, Disk Priest is my healing partner.)
    K thx, also disk has nowhere near the output of Holy so 2 Disk in fact gimps the healing. Not like saurfang is hard, shit everything but Morrowgar is solo healable. (first wing)
    Venara violated my pretty signature. :'(

I'm not going for the T10 sets. Mainly because, chances are i won't get a 25 man mark, and also the fact that if i upgrade to t10 from t9.25 i gain.. basically nothing. I'm keeping my T9 2 set bonus, because it is amazing.

I'm not really into haste, i'm a renew PoM and CoH guy.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...alls&cn=kaerin

Also

K thx, also disk has nowhere near the output of Holy so 2 Disk in fact gimps the healing. Not like saurfang is hard, shit everything but Morrowgar is solo healable. (first wing)
    Marrowgar -is- solo-healable, just stand yourself in melee, and park a lightwell near you. You're in melee so you can be quickburned out of a Bonespike Graveyard, and the Lightwell will heal you through it until you get out. Other than that? Mending on cooldown, then keep renews up, then bounce Flashes as needed. Did it three weeks ago, had a blast doing it, and my tanks were freaking out and blowing a cooldown everytime it was me. :P So all in all, a win.

Edit: Or, if you're not like me, and don't spec "lolwell" for the 5% morale bonus it gives to raids, have your nearby hybrid to just toss a heal or two (on -you-) if you're ever impaled. You have to cover their asses all the time, get them to cover yours.

Seeing as I'm having trouble editing a post more than once:

Also of note, I'm running 2pc9 (shoulders, gloves), and 2pc10 (helm, chest). Current project in game? Get enough frakking Saronite to make those stupid Woven Death pants.

Marrowgar isn't just solo healable, it's a joke to solo heal in 10 man. Everyone except your hunters should be inside his targeting circle (not his hit box, which takes up half the room :P). Then uh... that's it. Heal the tanks, no one should be spiked long enough to need healing. Toss some renews/PW:S or something for Bonestorm. It's not as much of a joke as a Priest as it is a Paladin, or Druid, but it's still amusing.

As far as T10? If you play primarily Holy... go for it. 2p is +11% to Flash Heal, which isn't horrible. 4p is okay. More than anything though? The stats are good as Holy.

If you play a lot of Disc? Screw T10. Seriously, it sucks. Crafted legs and the Shadow T10 set (all non-hit pieces) and there you go. No, that isn't a joke, the Shadow set has perfect Disc stats.

Anyway, from your Armory I see you as Holy for healing... so... who cares about the 2p, the set has good stats.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    As far as T10? If you play primarily Holy... go for it. 2p is +11% to Flash Heal, which isn't horrible. 4p is okay. More than anything though? The stats are good as Holy.

If you play a lot of Disc? Screw T10. Seriously, it sucks. Crafted legs and the Shadow T10 set (all non-hit pieces) and there you go. No, that isn't a joke, the Shadow set has perfect Disc stats.
    That were my thoughts aswell. Although the healing T10 has alot of crit, my haste will be gimped to death..not gonna let that happen : /

< Disco priest

So, I recently aquired the t10 2pc Bonus (Chest,Shoulder)and all I can say is : Don't underestimate it.

It is possible to stack the hot on the target with multiple FH proccing the Bonus. I dont know if this is a bug but it could be the same mechanics as DA for Disc.

so far my record has been 7k ticks from the proc after draining all my mana for selfheal. True those may not be raid conditions but even 3 consecutive procs are very likely, making the HoT heal for about 2k. After all any healing is good healing, especially on tanks or dmg-targets and and additional renew can be very helpful , especially when free.

Also

This is completely inaccurate.
    A discipline priest can have as much output as a holy priest when played correctly.
    Discipline is an amazing spec, and it saddens me when people think holy is superior.

Also, all of t10 is crap.
    The set bonuses are crap.
    Dont think otherwise.
    Its not the first thing on my list to get the 2 set.

Go for offset pieces first.
    You're better off that way.