A Pause Button For Raids

We all know there is no way to pause a given dungeon. Once you engage the boss you have to be focused for 5-8 minuites depending on the boss. Now i'm not suggesting we should add a pause button, as i could see it being abused way to much. I'm just wondering, what have you done to show your commitment to the raid? I mean sometimes the door rings or the phones rings and you can't get it, and sometimes the baby whines or the wife aggroes. The worst thing that happened to me was in at the start of the Illidan encounter. My dog was pawing at my side(The sign that he has to go to the bathroom). He waited about 5 minuites before he took a massive crap on the carpet. I was not amused cleaning it up. Not at all. What's your story?
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: A Pause Button For Raids

We had a guildie who called in for pizza. He couldn't answer the door mid-fight, and the pizza dude left after charging his credit card. When he called them back, they brought his pizza back, charged him a service fee. His pizza was ice cold.

ok..so
    raiding totgc 25...on second boss

and o fucking hell
    i got the runny shits....REAL bad
    im at working doing the night audit for my hotel
    i have my laptop
    i switch to wireless run to the bathroom.place laptop on ground and push a good 9k as a mage while dropping a duece
    ended up downing him
    was pretty pro

Quote Originally Posted by Crazeh
    Because 2 button mage is hard rite?

inb4 ret are facerollololol

ps: i dont pve

I think that is kind of the point he was trying to make.

Well it wasnt me but it was a guildy of mine and it is really funny. We were progressing through Ulduar and we were on Freya I believe. He was a hunter and in charge of killing the trees that spawn.

All of a sudden he screams out in vent that his house is on fire. We all laugh thinking it is a just but he goes on saying that a candle was too close to some curtains...

We are all like, oh shit man, go put it out....

He responds saying.... no I need to kill these friggen trees first...... We kill Freya and ask him whats going on, but he was already off vent..... He was able to put it out after we killed her but he literally stayed on the computer for 5 minutes while his curtains were on fire.....

One of the stories I will never forget.....

To the guy with the dog crapping on the floor, seriously RL needs to take priority here. when a dog is doing this kind of thing they are in distress because they have been trained to take a dump outside so you are putting playing a game above the welfare of your animal. Seriously not cool. I have a dog and if it was me, I would take the hit and pay the raids repair bills and let my dog out.

To the guy with the pizza, thats just retarded. If im raiding that night then I make sure to cook beforehand. If you for some reason (I know you said guildy and not you but...) you have literally come from work and going to raid then inform the RL that you have a pizza coming and will need to answer the door in the next 10-15mins for a couple of minutes so will be afk can can they hold off the pull for a bit or something.

I mean come on guys when I write this only 3 posts are up but some of you need to sort your priorities in life out, its a game ffs!! (and yes im in a semi hard core raiding guild and im just 5k ravenhodlt rep from insane title for those that think im a casual, im proof that you can have both a RL and good game experience if you are willing to work at something and get your life in order

15+ Year Old Account

I was in a naxx raid at start of wotlk, couple weeks aftr my guild had cleared it for 1st time we decided to go on the undying achievement. However at that day my half year old cousin where staying over and my dad was gona put up a baby bed in my parents room.

However for some reason he needed my help and i said just a min because we where at grobbulus and an AFK for 1 min results in death no mather what. Sudenly he shouted it's an emergency etc and i didn't think about it and went to check what it was all about. I got mad as hell when he did it because a full grown man was incapable to put up a fucking baby bed.

Not even after having 2 kids himself he needed my help. When i returned to the PC i was dead and some bitch in my guild went mad because there was an ''emergency''. She bitched and left and rest of the grp was just in a bad mood.

She was also one of those types that argued her way outa enchanting/gemming her heroic gear by saying she didn't want to do it because naxx is bether and she can save 200g :O. Needless to say i left guild like 2 weeks later when GM kinda didn't want to do shit about her optimising problem or anyones optimising problem for that mather.

Inbefore textcrit over 9000 shit.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DG

I mean come on guys when I write this only 3 posts are up but some of you need to sort your priorities in life out, its a game ffs!! (and yes im in a semi hard core raiding guild and im just 5k ravenhodlt rep from insane title for those that think im a casual, im proof that you can have both a RL and good game experience if you are willing to work at something and get your life in order
    I put ice cream over wow once and we almost failed at maulgar in tbc xD

I used to dont give a crap about how the raid went, i didn't say that. I enchanted etc and socketed but if i needed to do something else even as little as turning off the light. I went turning off the light in mid boss atempt
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    I was in a naxx raid at start of wotlk, couple weeks aftr my guild had cleared it for 1st time we decided to go on the undying achievement. However at that day my half year old cousin where staying over and my dad was gona put up a baby bed in my parents room.

However for some reason he needed my help and i said just a min because we where at grobbulus and an AFK for 1 min results in death no mather what. Sudenly he shouted it's an emergency etc and i didn't think about it and went to check what it was all about. I got mad as hell when he did it because a full grown man was incapable to put up a fucking baby bed.

Not even after having 2 kids himself he needed my help. When i returned to the PC i was dead and some bitch in my guild went mad because there was an ''emergency''. She bitched and left and rest of the grp was just in a bad mood.

She was also one of those types that argued her way outa enchanting/gemming her heroic gear by saying she didn't want to do it because naxx is bether and she can save 200g :O. Needless to say i left guild like 2 weeks later when GM kinda didn't want to do shit about her optimising problem or anyones optimising problem for that mather.

10+ Year Old Account

Wtf at some of these posts. You guys need to get your priorities in check. If you order a pizza and it is at the door, go to the door! if your dog is raping your side wanting a shit, let it out for a shit! Jesus.

Oh and as for the pause idea. No. Almost as stupid as not letting a leather wearer to roll on cloth.

My stories so far are extremely boring. The most I've done and do is ignoring phone calls during boss attempts.

I must admit that I would likely ignore someone at the door if I was fighting a boss with limited attempts or a progression boss in one way or another. Of course if I ordered a pizza or knew someone is coming and the time it/they should arrive, I'd inform the raid beforehand to avoid hassle.

Also, raid bottles.

This happend back in TBC, on Reliquary of Souls!

Livid: ... and I don't care if your house's on fire *strange noises emerge in the background*
    Contego: Livid, was that your fire alarm?"

Went on killing it, but cant remember if he was there the last 20secs or not, kinda hope he wasnt

Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz
    Wtf at some of these posts. You guys need to get your priorities in check. If you order a pizza and it is at the door, go to the door! if your dog is raping your side wanting a shit, let it out for a shit! Jesus.

Oh and as for the pause idea. No. Almost as stupid as not letting a leather wearer to roll on cloth.
    Did you even read my post? It clearly states that this isn't a suggestion. No one else had a problem reading the OP and providing a story about their experiance in that situation.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

I thought this thread was interesting at first, then I saw the big "cool story bro" picture and facepalmed. I now have a red mark on my face that looks like a hand.

I just make sure that I have everything arranged before entering the instance.
    Hously chores and all. And if i order a pizza i make sure i have the money ready so i can just walk to the door, give him the money and get back to my pc asap...

Guildie of mine during our Immortal run back in Naxx stayed through a 4h Kill while his wife was in labor about to pop. We ended up losing Immortal no less haha