Dusting off my Hunter

Hi,

I'm thinking of dusting off my level 70 hunter and getting him to 80. I've just got two questions that I don't think the guides will tell me:

1.) I know a BM spec is generally the best for leveling, but is it the most fun? I remember is being a little dull. Is there any spec that plays a little more dynamicly? I'm looking for spec that will have more twitch actions, and rely less on AI (pet) vs AI (mob) while I level from 70 to 80.

2.) How are Battlegrounds as a Hunter? I find that as a feral Druid I can really chew up the ones I find, but maybe they are poor players. Just wondering if it's fun and the class doesn't feel like it's a free kill.

Thanks!

Re: Dusting off my Hunter

It depends, what you think is the "fun" part of leveling. If you just want to get it done, while soloing the group quests etc, bm is still the way to go. If you really read the quest descriptions and try to do every quest with actually thinking about the quests ..id say, mm is the way to go. Surv will be faster but mm prolly is the most flexible of the speccs just due double trapping and silencing pulls etc.
    Bm aslo provides the bonus, that a rogue wont rape you while leveling just so. Just pop big red kitty and let the kitty do the job.

As for battlegrounds,(and ive done shitloads of em, started on my newest hunter on aug2008 and got 100k kills achivement by now) i like em. Especially doing em in full pve gear. You are a free kill, if caught alone in open, but well thats ur job, not to let you. Stay close to teammates, help em with petfreedom, ros. And you get helped aswell. It is fun to play. Way more possibilities as a warrior for example. But i guess, its down to your playstyle.
    Really hard to get off that "steath" bonus feeling, if you come from feral and sure, you will die a lot more in the begin.
    Just gotta get used that ur target all the time and dont have the opening advantage.

Re: Dusting off my Hunter

Having level'd 1->80 as MM myself, I would strongly advise against it. It's extremely boring and combat is much more involved than it needs to be. Your pet is going to be next to useless at aggro unless you MD it constantly (which is an unnecessary hassle in my opinion), so you're gonna have to end up kiting/meleeing a lot of mobs, which wastes a lot of time. Most people's goal (not sure if its yours) is just to get to 80 so you can start gearing up, raiding, etc. BM will accomplish this the fastest and most efficiently, therefore, I would suggest it for leveling.

For BGs it really depends. Some BGs I have loads of fun and some are just outright terrible. If you're playing against a particularly dumb team who sit in melee while you just stand and shoot them, you rack up lots of kills and it's quite fun. If, however, you're playing against some annoying teams who run through your entire team just to target you and lock you down in melee, it's horrible to play and I can't stand it. You'll usually end up somewhere in between, so it's pretty random what kind of fun you'll have. As the above poster suggested, too, doing them in full pve gear is pretty fun. Odds are if you get caught in melee combat you're probably going to die anyway, so might as well wear PvE gear for the massive damage output.