Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Moderators Recruitment, Crimson Halls Hotfixes, Blue posts

Update - Added Crimson Halls Hotfixes.

MMO-Champion is recruiting forum moderators!
    I am looking for moderators. A lot of moderators. If you check the forums regularly you probably saw a few change happens and more things are on my lists.

That's why more moderators are needed, the forums aren't necessarily the happiest place on earth at the moment and the curent team of super-awesome moderators (who have to take care of 3 to 5000 posts each day) would be happy to have new friends.

Are you interested? Please
    HTML Code:
    [email="boubouille@mmo-champion.com?subject=[Moderator] Your-Username-Goes-Here"]send me a mail[/email]
    (and only a mail, no private messages) with the following details :

• Your account name on the forums. Please use [Moderator] "Username" for the title of your mail.
    • Real life info. (Age / Location mostly, we don't need to know much more than that)
    • A few words on why you want to be a moderator.
    • The name of the forum you want to moderate. (Up to 2 forums, you will only be recruited for one and the 2nd choice will be used if we have too many applications for the first one)

Important - You cannot apply if you registered less than a month ago or if you have less than 100 posts on the forums. I might accept people who have slightly less than that if they look like awesome potential moderators but your post history is the only thing we can use to make a decision.

Crimson Halls Hotfixes
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    Listed below are recent fixes we have applied to the game. Keep in mind that some of these changes may not be active until after the realm has been restarted.

To review previous in-game fixes, please visit: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...23843880&sid=1

1/21
    • Blood Queen Lana’thel will only be available after the Blood Prince Council is defeated.
    • Blood Queen Lana’thel's Essence has a longer duration.
    • Kinetic Bombs no longer aggro Blood Queen Lana’thel during the Blood Princes encounter.
    • Blood Queen Lanathel should no longer cast Vampiric Bite on pets.

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Skipping to the last boss in Heroics
    While there may be some instances in which you can do this manually, our intention wasn't to make this an exceedingly quick way to get two Emblems of Frost. This is more of a method to encourage players to participate in the Looking for Group system and help those who are playing through the dungeons get ready for the epic encounters that await them in our currently available raid content. Thus, implementing a "skip to the finale boss" mechanism would be counter to those goals. (Source)

Resilience Boost Hotfix
    We don't want resilience per se to bring with it the "kiss / curse" of also nerfing your own healing output or heals received. We want players to like resilience on PvP gear. It shouldn't be a hard decision. We'd prefer a model where resilience improves your survivability without any real downside.

If we implement a healing change, it would be temporary because health pools will be larger in Cataclysm, proportionate to healing, so we don't think that will be a problem. Burst damage may be less of a problem too for the same reason, but we're less confident of that. If it isn't a problem, then we can change the resilience scaling again. (Source)

Rated Battlegrounds
    We have announced our plans to add a rating system to the Battlegrounds to bring back much better rewards and premade teams for Cataclysm. This is a system that has been under development for quite some time, and development will continue on it until we get it right. Adding this type of system into the game isn't trivial. We want to make sure Battlegrounds provide new levels of competition, properly measure success, and adequately award players according to their performance.

We'll be sharing more about this system as we get further along in development of the next expansion. (Source)

Blood Queen Lana'thel Videos
    The first video of Blood Queen Lana'thel I posted wasn't complete and some people couldn't see it because of the restrictions on copyrighted music. Here is a new one!

HTML Code:
    <object width="640" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4HZQO6pQly4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4HZQO6pQly4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="405"></embed></object>

Another video was also released, this one explains an ... interesting way to complete the encounter in 10-man. It doesn't really use any bug so let's just call it clever use of game mechanics.

HTML Code:
    <object width="640" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S6VMysQNIZM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S6VMysQNIZM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="405"></embed></object>

Fan Arts
    The official site has been updated with a couple of fan arts.

Re: Moderators Recruitment, Blue posts, Lana'thel videos

Blood-Queen not spawning
    We're currently working on a hotfix for the issue where the Blood-Queen is not spawned if you killed the Council on a previous night

Haha Awesome !

I'm sure you guys need all the help you can get
    Current main: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&cn=Thetormented

edit: he fixed it

Lots of spam is coming your way Boub

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Re: Moderators Recruitment, Crimson Halls Hotfixes, Blue posts

Skip to the last boss? Oh god no....

I really try to optimistic with the changes blizz makes but this really is like handing tokens over to players. More so than before. Think of all that time wasted on creating the instances. Also how new players will never have to learn encounters (if they choose to) which will probably help them learn and be more familiar with more important raid encounters.

Name: Marzenia

I better start posting quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Marzenia

Name: Bamsemums

That's what I get for lurking. :P
    YOU GUYS MAKE ME HAPPY IN THE PANTS!!

Founder - wowrp.wikia.com | www.wowrp.com
    Elüna and Deina on Defias Brotherhood (EU-Horde)

Hi Marzenia o/

Me love you long time!

Another video was also released, this one explains an ... interesting way to complete the encounter in 10-man. It doesn't really use any bug so let's just call it clever use of game mechanics.
    Or as Blizzard would ignorantly put it..... exploiting. *points to Flame Lev and Blizz's bad call*

Gratz to those that get to enjoy the unique method while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Hi Marzenia o/

Me love you long time!
    LavaDuck

F***ing spammer...
    I still heart you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I wouldn't call it clever use of game mechanics, people were doing this exact same thing for Saurfang until it was changed to have the debuff persist through death and ghost.

Hmmm that KT fan art seems to predict yet another setback, the raiders are all wearing wotlk gear and engaging KT yet again!

Skipping to the last boss in Heroics
    Seriously.. why are guys, like the person asking for this, playing the game at all?

Couldn't he just have said "BLIzzard! gief everyone hc t10 set plix!!1 y shoudl we farm 4 it?! it boring!"

People have become spoiled.. :/
    YOU GUYS MAKE ME HAPPY IN THE PANTS!!

Founder - wowrp.wikia.com | www.wowrp.com
    Elüna and Deina on Defias Brotherhood (EU-Horde)

"Clever use of game mechanics" is probably way to do Lana'thel on heroic or something, We tried it with our guild but few got mced in the end and wiped us on 3% due to enrage
    But boss biting a pet.. what an unfortunate way to waste a try
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Bamsemums
    Seriously.. why are guys, like the person asking for this, playing the game at all?

Couldn't he just have said "BLIzzard! gief everyone hc t10 set plix!!1 y shoudl we farm 4 it?! it boring!"

People have become spoiled.. :/
    the point is heroics are very stale content after 14 months of doing them. it's all very well to want to complete them if you haven't done each one 50 times, but being forced to do them for 2 badges is lame.

i'd much rather have bosses drop 3 in ICC, and eliminate the 2 per heroic

The hotfix to the duration of the Essence was made to prevent raids from sacrificing a player anyway so it's no longer valid.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

LavaDuck

F***ing spammer...
    I still heart you so much!
    :-[ :-\ :'(
    Only average of 2 posts a day.

Deleted

how long is the Blood Queen Lana’thel's Essence duration now?

Quote Originally Posted by pizzlepaps
    the point is heroics are very stale content after 14 months of doing them. it's all very well to want to complete them if you haven't done each one 50 times, but being forced to do them for 2 badges is lame.

i'd much rather have bosses drop 3 in ICC, and eliminate the 2 per heroic
    People like you are what is wrong with this game. By your logic, raiding the same instance over and over again for a few months gets boring, so they should just have a box of loot at the beginning to save you the trouble.

You are rewarded emblems for doing the heroics, no one is forcing you to farm emblems, nor are they forcing you to do a heroic.