Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Armory Scams, Blue posts, Free Character Moves

Update - The Twitter Dev Chat is in progress, keep refreshing the Blue tracker for updates.

Blue posters are fairly silent these days, at this point I can say that the upcoming minor content patch will not be deployed next week, but will be deployed on January 26th.

I also want to point out that there isn't a lot of Season 8 information to datamine, a lot of people sent me messages to ask for a preview of the season 8 gear but ... it's just not in the game files for the moment. This is also why the patch can't be deployed later than January 26th, the files needed to start the arena season are here, hopefully Blizzard will be nice enough to post a preview of the Season 8 armor sets.

Important - Armory Scams
    The new version of the armory is now available on both US and EU armory and a lot of people lost their account because of scammers exploiting the popularity of the armory. The scam is fairly simple, people buy advertising on Google to display ads pointing to fake armory sites when you search for the real one on google.

NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER use google to access the official site or the armory, just type http://www.wowarmory.com / http://eu.wowarmory.com in your browser and bookmark it if you're lazy and don't want to type it every time.

The armory now requires you to login for a lot of the features introduced with the latest upgrade and you should make sure that you do not do anything stupid when you access it. I don't think you would use google to go to your Account Management page.

If you think you might have been scammed by one of these pages, change your password immediately. If you do not think that you're concerned by this post, change your password immediately because it's always a good idea anyway.

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Resilience change in next season
    As far as the resilience change I mentioned yesterday we're considering making goes, we only plan to adjust the way it affects damage done by players, not increase the critical hit reduction component.

Just to reiterate for those expressing concerns about healing becoming too dominant if a buff to resilience goes live, we share this same concern. We do not want to drastically increase the length of fights or make them too healer dominant if damage is toned down. We've been saying this all along. (Source)

Ashen Verdict Ring - Strength DPS Ring
    We are still planning to add the strength ring in the next minor content patch. (Source)

Zone-Wide buff in later versions of Icecrown Citadel
    You will be able to choose to NOT use the zonewide buff for whatever that's worth to you. So it seems your battle pride may remain intact. (Source)
    Lich King Screenshot Contest Winners
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    Many adventurers have begun a siege upon the Scourge in Northrend, besting the Lich King's corrupted allies in places like Howling Fjord and Zul'Drak, weakening his stronghold in Icecrown, and ascending through the twisting corridors of his citadel to lay waste to his most vile creatures and top commanders. The bravest of heroes have captured pictures to document the rise and impending fall of the Lich King, from their first steps into Icecrown Citadel’s hidden entrance into the Forge of Souls, to busting directly through the front gates of Icecrown Citadel.

We've selected the very best of these screenshots to offer each creator an Epic Edition Rise of the Lich King stein created by Taverncraft (http://wowsteins.com). We also congratulate our grand prize winner, James Hessler, who will receive the signed #1 of only 750 Legendary Edition Rise of the Lich King steins! Have a look at all of the winning screenshots here: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/conte...g/winners.html
    US - Free Character Moves for Select Realms 01/14
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    We will be offering free character moves from select realms to assist in population balancing. The ability to move a character on the selected source realms will become available starting as soon as we can get them setup on Thursday, January 14 and end them on Thursday, January 28, at 2:00pm PST.

Auchindoun is an Eastern time zone realm in the Retaliation battlegroup, Anetheron is an Eastern time zone realm in the Stormstrike battlegroup, Agamaggan is a Central time zone realm in the Shadowburn battlegroup, and Farstriders is a Central time zone realm in the Emberstone battlegroup.

In the event that these realms meet our transfer goals before the scheduled end date, the transfers to or from any realm may be disabled. We highly recommend that if you are planning to transfer that you do so at your earliest convenience. No characters will be eligible for these free moves once the transfers have been closed.

You can begin your transfer by visiting the Character Move page located here: https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/acco...cter-move.html

Source A (PvP) - Arthas, Emerald Dream (RP-PvP), Illidan (Horde Only), Kel’thuzad, Mal'Ganis (Horde Only), Tichondrious, Warsong (Horde Only)

Destination A (PvP) - Agamaggan, Anetheron, Auchindoun

Source B (RP) - Moon Guard

Destination B (RP) - Farstriders

Re: Armory Scams, Blue posts, Free Character Moves

as an additional remark, checking a toon shouldn't ask for your login, so if you have a login screen while browsing someone's profile, it's a fake site.

Never, ever, login unless you double check the url.

bliz's certificate expired in 2009, so no SSL atm. bah
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

So far i've only been able to find that scam site in the google.fr search.
    Most european googles and the Google.com does not have that site at all. Still its always good to be alert about passwords

thanks for the tip boub with the armory, bloody scammers
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

15+ Year Old Account

Another solution : use adblock ;D
    Oh, hi.

Deleted

Thanks for the heads up.

I just typed in "WoW EU Armory" and the scam site was at the very top.

Scary stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycefli
    I just typed in "WoW EU Armory" and the scam site was at the very top.Scary stuff.
    It is the case since quite some time. The scammers simply buy google ad space. When the site is down, they open another and repeat.

I just typed armory like in the screenshot and I got the real one on top

Deleted

They should add a minor achievement for killing all bosses in ICC without the extra dmg, hp, heals etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Magruun
    I just typed armory like in the screenshot and I got the real one on top
    Blizzard requested google to remove the link.
    Just wait for the next one...

Deleted

I read about this on our realmforums a few weeks ago, searched then and searched now, not getting the link...

Also: "It is a searchable database of information for the wow... " made me smile.

I really hope that they add +hit on the new DPS-ring.

i sent a message into the kind people of google stateing that it was a phishing site but...

ze googles zhey do nosing!

15+ Year Old Account

Google Bad! :

15+ Year Old Account

anyone got any idea what the Buff could be? i'm thinking if it's similar to the BC buff we got on Quel'danas and inside the Heroic/Raid there i would assume it would be Stamina increase i was thinking 100-120 stamina. and also a 10% damage and healing increase as well
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

What? Since when does google look like that? I don't have these yellow/green thingies on my google!

AdbockPlus ftfw! ;D

Lol, that screenshot with the labels is hilarious.

Good work!

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Slagge
    I really hope that they add +hit on the new DPS-ring.
    It's likely going to have exactly the same hit/crit values as the current Agility ring to ensure that every plate DPS can make equal use of it.
    Also, STRENGTH RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. <3

get FireFox, WOT, NoScript and especially Adblock+

firefox blocks the fake armory site as scam site
    adblock removes the yellow advertise box with the link
    noscript blocks scripts on suspicious websites
    WOT warns you against allmost all suspicious websites, and there are a lot of sites firefox doesn't block from the start
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.