Dps too low for raid

Quick question,

Here is my situation, I have been informed by my GM that I might be Gkicked because I can't put enough dps out.

My average dps is 7.5k, for most fight, and 8.5k on Saurfang I am always the first on off target, mostly the one doing the most damage to them, never stay in shit, never get hit by anything, mostly the only one decursing when it is required, but as the lowest geared member of my guild, I am oftenly pointed out as the "low dps'er". My gear are average, all TOC(25)/TOGC(10), plus 2 pcs T10 and weapon of Marrogar. Scale of fate and Illustration are my trinket. I have a regular 57/3/11, with 2/3-IA. My rotaion is AB till proc (Mana is manageable till ABX8 if it doesn't happen every time).

Now, because I average lower dps than mages geared in ilvl 258 (I missed 1 month of raiding due to health), the other mages that already have ilvl 258 get gear first, so I have low or no chance to improve. Got to rely on myself alone. Badges are not coming fast enough to get 4 pcs + Woven Death + cape + belt before next Tuesday.

I normally don't use that shit cause it doesn't show up skill but luck, but as a reference, My GS is 5400 and my guild average GS is 5750.

Anyone have tips to get the last 1k dps without the gear. Maybe I should change my rotation since 2pcs T10 or change trinket, I also have Eye of Broodmother, Resurgence and can get Abyssal Rune anytime.

Thanks,

Re: Dps too low for raid

I think you need a new guild.. No offense.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by maaaybe
    This.

Sounds like a crap guild and/or a crap GM, especially with all the other mages having 258 and you don't.

/gquit

Definitely. If all they care about is dps I'd say it's a crap guild anyway.

Smells like Mojo

I think there is a little exaggeration here. If you are doing 7.5k dps and you are the 'lower' dps... then you guys are more than enough capable of clearing the 7 ICC bosses currently. Therefore, there should be no problem. Someone is always going to be at the bottom.

Now, as for you not having the same gear as the other mages, again... that is something unique to your guild and their loot rules. If they reward people for attendence/performance, then yeah, you won't get gear til the end... BUT with that being said. If that is how the guild works, you should not be punished for nothing being the top Mage, since you do have the lowest gs, therefore you SHOULD be the lowest dps. Keeping skill equal among everyone.

Same, no offense, but not only should you probably find a different guild, I also think your story might be a little bias. But that's just me

Quote Originally Posted by dyce09
    I think there is a little exaggeration here. If you are doing 7.5k dps and you are the 'lower' dps... then you guys are more than enough capable of clearing the 7 ICC bosses currently. Therefore, there should be no problem. Someone is always going to be at the bottom.

Now, as for you not having the same gear as the other mages, again... that is something unique to your guild and their loot rules. If they reward people for attendence/performance, then yeah, you won't get gear til the end... BUT with that being said. If that is how the guild works, you should not be punished for nothing being the top Mage, since you do have the lowest gs, therefore you SHOULD be the lowest dps. Keeping skill equal among everyone.

Same, no offense, but not only should you probably find a different guild, I also think your story might be a little bias. But that's just me
    I think he's the lowest on dps from the mages in his guild.. Which then again is because of his gear he can't help it..

your story might be a little bias.
    This may be true..
    If its not i still think he should find a new guild.

@ OP whats with the "maybe my rotation is bad" thingy .. Rotation?
    I'd like to see your armory.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

If you're in a hardcore, server best, everyone needs to be at the tip-top of their game guild, there's going to be a lot of competition: there's always some young Turk chomping at the bit to take "your" raid slot. If you're not meeting whatever arbitrary goal the guild has set for your raid slot, yeah: you could be in trouble.

Sounds to me like you need to think about whether this is the right guild for you. With that kind of gear/DPS, you shouldn't have trouble getting into another good guild, if that's the decision you come to. Can't tell from the post whether there are other problems: are there personality conflicts? Do they have someone else they want to bring in, and are trying to pressure you out first?

P.S.: someone with your gear and in the sort of guild I'm picturing from your descriptoin should know whether or not they need a "rotation" change...

7,5k dps isnt that much tbh-.-
    banned 5 times and still counting

Quote Originally Posted by zomglol
    7,5k dps isnt that much tbh-.-
    No it's not, but it's not terrible or at all too low for the current icc content.

Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum
    If you're in a hardcore, server best, everyone needs to be at the tip-top of their game guild, there's going to be a lot of competition: there's always some young Turk chomping at the bit to take "your" raid slot. If you're not meeting whatever arbitrary goal the guild has set for your raid slot, yeah: you could be in trouble.

Sounds to me like you need to think about whether this is the right guild for you. With that kind of gear/DPS, you shouldn't have trouble getting into another good guild, if that's the decision you come to. Can't tell from the post whether there are other problems: are there personality conflicts? Do they have someone else they want to bring in, and are trying to pressure you out first?

P.S.: someone with your gear and in the sort of guild I'm picturing from your descriptoin should know whether or not they need a "rotation" change...
    That's the thing I'm wondering about. If the guild is progressing through the current content without any trouble due to dps then why change your dps? Why 'pressure' someone to leave anyways, unless there are alterior motives. Also, if he is in a server first guild, then yes, he'd probably be gkick for 7.5k dps, since that is not at all that much for that type of guild. Then again, would he even be in raids after being 'ill' for the last couple *insert time*? If you're in a server first guild and you haven't been there for a month or two, you're already replaced. So when you come back, you won't have a raid spot. (UNLESS of course you are tight tight with GM)

best way
    1. get a chart from a trust worthy site (liks elististjerks)
    2. calc your dps with the gear you have
    3. shove the chart in your GMs/CLs ass
    4. say "i can't do more dps with the gear i have so gear me upp or kick me"

this way you have done your job by proveing you are not at fault but that they are by not giving you gear to do more dps

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shatter
    Quick question,

Here is my situation, I have been informed by my GM that I might be Gkicked because I can't put enough dps out.

My average dps is 7.5k, for most fight, and 8.5k on Saurfang I am always the first on off target, mostly the one doing the most damage to them, never stay in shit, never get hit by anything, mostly the only one decursing when it is required, but as the lowest geared member of my guild, I am oftenly pointed out as the "low dps'er". My gear are average, all TOC(25)/TOGC(10), plus 2 pcs T10 and weapon of Marrogar. Scale of fate and Illustration are my trinket. I have a regular 57/3/11, with 2/3-IA. My rotaion is AB till proc (Mana is manageable till ABX8 if it doesn't happen every time).

Now, because I average lower dps than mages geared in ilvl 258 (I missed 1 month of raiding due to health), the other mages that already have ilvl 258 get gear first, so I have low or no chance to improve. Got to rely on myself alone. Badges are not coming fast enough to get 4 pcs + Woven Death + cape + belt before next Tuesday.

I normally don't use that shit cause it doesn't show up skill but luck, but as a reference, My GS is 5400 and my guild average GS is 5750.

Anyone have tips to get the last 1k dps without the gear. Maybe I should change my rotation since 2pcs T10 or change trinket, I also have Eye of Broodmother, Resurgence and can get Abyssal Rune anytime.

Thanks,

You answered your own question as to why they are out dps'ing you! If you are the first to swap targets, the one decursing etcetc and have lower gear you can't keep up with them if they are "Patchwerking" each fight! I bet you would be much closer to them if you tunel visioned the boss as well!

Look at WMO or similar parses and compare damage done by actor selecting each mage individualy. If you notice you are doubling there damage on adds then you have your answer they are really out dpsing you due to tunel vision and taking advantage of all the debuffs that boost there damage while you are helping the raid the most by hitting the adds that don't make you eeping flex but get's the job done!

If all your guild cares about is DPS and the higher the DPs the better your chance to get gear tunel vision as well and if they comment that you arent decursing or are not swapping you could always try to be brave and state "I cant get gear because my dps is too low and when I do what the others do to reach similar dps with lower gear im told to swap on adds thus making my dps lower and not being eligible for upgrades..."

anywho wish you nothing but the best but by the sounds of it you are being screwed due to properly executing the fights. I knwo it's "just easy mode" but if no one swaped then it wouldnt be so easy!

Does your guild run logs? Post add damage done for saurfang / putricide if he starts saying shit. I'm sure we're missing part of the story, as adding new people to a roster isn't any more ideal for a GM than keeping one on that is lower on gear. If your other mages are 350 GS ahead of you, you aren't going to win. Cloth gear obviously has more competition and I've been the lowest GS for a while, but I manage to keep up. It's more about itemization, though. Just nabbed rod258 (finally) last night so I'm at about 5550 now, one mage at ~5600 and the other at 5700, all of our melee are 5700+. I keep up, you should be able to as well.

Are you significantly below the dpsers? "7.5k on most fights" doesn't tell us a lot. 7.5k on deathwhisper and marrowgar is nothing special. I generally run just shy of 8k on saurfang but I'm always ontop of add damage done. Actually, tbh, 7.5k is pretty low for every fight but gunship, saurfang, and putricide. I don't know how your gear compares to mine, but I've been running t9.258 helm as my only 258 for a few weeks now (had skyweaver before 2pc t10).

Do you guys have putricide down? Anub? If not, how far have you gotten on either? There are a lot of things we don't know that a WoL parse could tell us, if you run anything of the sort as a guild. I have nothing to say other than I just have to trust your GM.